What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
The guy is suggesting people grow illegally in CO. What kind of fuck tard says shit like that? If you agree with his position then you can do the math on how I feel about you. Go tend to your bugs.

Who is this, the reincarnation of Ferris Bueller's sister?

Just because you dont have the balls or skills to pull off an illegal grow, doesn't mean that its not the best option for other people. If I was growing commercially or only for myself I would be growing illegally. Since I would follow "the rules", nobody would ever know about it and I'd get off scott-free. In fact, I supplied myself with herb for a couple years prior to getting legal, growing in PCs, dressers, etc . Nobody ever suspected a thing and I never had to pay hundreds of dollars to doctors and the registry.

What % of illegal commercial grows are busted? A tiny fraction! And these people make in two cycles what you make in two years!

Go tend to your crippling insecurities and unfounded paranoia. What kind of grown man uses the word 'fuck tard", by the way? You are pathetic.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
KandyKush @ 20 days
picture.php

bigdiesel

I have never had a purple clone before, but i have had stems turn purple from cold shock at night. I was thinking about buying the "fucking incredible" and "gspot" from VISC. I see their adds all the time. I just don't know. I have never purchased seeds before and would like to. I just don't know what risks are involved and I don't want to spend hundreds on seeds that dont end up any better than what I can find here at home.

dude buy seeds there really isn't a risk factor at all. Seed boutique gives freebies and they get here in Colorado in about 10 days after you send your money...freaking fast....i started buying seeds in 06 and had one pack confiscated by customs...they sent me a letter telling me that i should pick them up...mind you this was during the bush years and i wasn't legal... yeah right...lol... just glad they weren't my sour d from Rez...

I AM GROWING ALL THIS WEED IN MY P.O. BOX!!!!!! :dance013:

These pictures were taken at day 46...

Jack Herer (this is the best pheno out of 6 females I am working with) The Sativa Phenos are insane, I don't have the right size containers, the 5 gallon buckets are so full with roots they are pushing the net pots up out of the buckets. I don't think they're going to finish!

Ak47 x Bubblegum (made the seeds for the mom myself) I am the only person growing this.... they are trees! And smell and taste like Cherry 47....

Ak47/BG and a couple Jack Herer

I just want to add the if you are going to make a cross, if you choose really stable plant lines you get a very uniform cross. Simon at Serious Seeds is a very old school breeder, and his strains are so tight that when I crossed the Ak47 female with the Bubblegum male I grew out 5 moms, and all the clones grow IDENTICAL!!!! That is impressive!

orpanic

most recently a friend of mine:
sent paperwork in 1 oct 09, received card 11 mar 10
date on card (processed date) 5 mar 10, expires 1 year from this date.
card # - in the 30,000s

WOW.
Last year I got mine around this time and I'm under 15,000.
Doubled in a year!!! CO is BLOWING UP!

any idea on how many generations it normally takes to get a strain that stable?

I'm not a breeder, but from what I've read in the Cannabis Breeding Bible and also the Botany Book, it's usually at least five backcrosses before a strain is considered stable, and some, like the older strains, Romulan, Northern Lights, etc.. I know have been backcrossed ten times, or more. It's pretty odd, though that a strain like Jack Herer, or Super Silver Haze for that matter, still have so much variation. Even when I grew femmed SSH seeds, they were freaking different?!!! I emailed Franco and he claimed that they femmed all their different phenos, I just want the danky Indica type one, why can't they just fem some Indica Pheno SSH and label it "Femmed Indica Pheno SSH?!" I will never buy Greenhouse Seeds again, I still have a pack of femmed Trainwreck and a pack of femmed White Widow, but who knows what I'll get???? Plus I am growing the real Arcata Trainwreck, right now, the Weeper Cut, it looks killer! Got the clone at Delta 9!

One of the reasons I've been doin my own crosses, is at least I know what I am chasing.... still sucks to grow out a plant that looks, smells and tastes killer and doesn't get you high, but that has happened to me on a number of occasions.

Got baby Headbands, Chem Dog #4, and East Coast Sour D coming for the next round! I guess I'll find out if I'm better off making my own, or growing Dispensary Clones......

Nice selections, where did you find the 4?

I got mine from a friend, but he got his from a Dispensary. This particular Dispensary doesn't appear to sell the clone, but I have observed that if a Dispensary is selling a particular strain in bud form they probably have access to the clone. So, there are at least three Dispensaries that are selling Chem4...

Balazar

When you buy a clone of Chem 4 is it going to be as good as getting a seed? Are all of the seeds for chem 4 going to be the same? Or will they vary a lot. I was just wondering cause I am trying to get a few exceptional moms and get rid of the rest of them. What is the best avenue seeds or clones?

orpanic

Seeds of chem4??? bagseed?
It's clone only.
I've had strains where the bagseed turned out much better than the tired clone, vigor plays an important role.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
There will not be any seeds of "true" chem 4 being that the real chem 4 is a clone only, as are all the "real" ogk, sour diesel, ect ,ect . Clones are nice for easy start up, but there is something to be said about popping seeds and doing the pheno selection yourself...

I think either way you can get some keepers to be mothers.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Want something original that could spank any of the elites? Find some seeds, or if you're looking for chem 4 specifically try to find some of the latest rez creations. There is surely a dead ringer pheno of the 4 in there. A homemade pollen chuck cross just spanked all the elites in my garden. fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.