What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman16

need some help guys. this is raggamon's strain electric ave.
these are showing in 3 locations (2 on top of top cola 1 on side of main cola).
DSC01317.jpg

DSC01318.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

today ends week 5 of flowering Ragga said this strain goes 65-75 days. Any advise? none of the other strains are showing any herm traits and i dont want to pollinate the room.
any help is greatly appreciated.....
bumping because it was bottom of page i looked over the plant thoroughly and found a bunch more. pick them off? Lats thing i want it to pollinate all the other non hermie ladies.

Ms_Weekend

bumping because it was bottom of page i looked over the plant thoroughly and found a bunch more. pick them off? Lats thing i want it to pollinate all the other non hermie ladies.

where did this elec ave come from?.....if you got the time to pick em off & keep checking every few days do that.....if not, make some hash

Ms_Weekend

wonder how much its gonna go up.
they big dogs will notice it alot more. what do you think, 5000w and up will get it the hardest? 7500w and up?

the end result will be higher prices for the patients. :|

the story said anything past 500kw a month will see an increase, which would be almost everyone........most small 3bdrm houses use 600-700kw with just people living there.

N

nine7oh

SELFHEMPLOYED - Is that Willies strain as bomb as it sounds?? The dude is a legend, is the strain? I almost got it the other day but collapsed and got some A11 after reminiscing about my first grow back in the day. *tear haha.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SELFHEMPLOYED again

Who stole your pics? I saw Raco's thread... Maybe the watermark isn't a bad idea... Regardless shit looks dank!

dman16

where did this elec ave come from?.....if you got the time to pick em off & keep checking every few days do that.....if not, make some hash
thank you for the help ms weekend.....it came from THC in Rollinsville......Ragga told me its a 65-75 day pheno with a sweet smell when it finishes. I picked of the 7 bananas i could find today. Yes i can continue to pick them off daily but my primary fear is pollination of the non hermie's. I think regardless the electric ave is going to start getting flushed asap unless someone else has another idea. Ive read several different places that a few bananas late in flower isn't necessarily the end of the world.....

Dnutz

Not to get off topic but does anyone know what the Jack Herer cut floating around dispensaries is like? Im very interested but thought I would get your wonderful opinions first!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Not ALL nanners are pollen producing, but from my past experience - it pisses them off when you pluck the nanners and they come back with a vengenance. And yes, it's a lil worse in a perpetual room because this one is about to go but others are just starting.

Some people say their plants didn't seem to regrow male flowers.

All ya can do is try and see what happens. - If you have meds available, roll a doobie and go on nanner patrol! lol

If it's the first run with the strain - sometimes it's possible to tune the grow to be less stressful. Sometimes it's not stress induced but genetically programmed.
My Strawberry D can hermi, but if kept happy, will go nanner free for about 100 days if needed. - I almost pulled it after the first run.

Good luck and happy hunting!

dman16

ya i noticed that rockymountainhi. I picked all the nanners i could find off (7) and about 4 had pollen the rest didnt. Im going to visually inspect daily and pluck daily but if the rest of the crop becomes at risk she is going into the BHO tube. I'm trying to stay optimistic because ive read that sometimes if you pick all the nanners they wont come back at all, but i realize no way this lady (kinda lady i guess) is gonna be able to go her full term if she is popping nanners end of week 5 and she is a 65-75 day strain.
I know she was slightly stressed she didnt like the amount of nutes i gave her for a while so that with a genetic predisposition probably caused it. live and learn, the rest of my ladies look phenomenal though.
Thank you for your advice though makes this noob growers life a bit easier. + rep

edit-ugggh did some research found out this lady has some blueberry in her lineage. to me blueberry=nute sensitivity and that may explain some of it because the other ladies are heavy feeders and they all got the same feed more or less

elderwise

Colorado growing myself! I love this state! I am very interested in the possible alttitude challenges we face, there have been a few questions floating around in my head for some time now. I am used to growing in the NorthEast where humidity can pose a problem, here lack of humidity. I would love to get a tight knit group going!
Subscribed!

Ace
Has anyone heard about the growers consortium at the Hole in Denver? I just saw a handbill announcing this happening at 8pm on Thursdays. Its in the neighborhood, I may drop by.

aceofspades

I have been running my california skunk for the past half year. Just harvested again, pics to come. Anyway my last harvest had nanners on a few of the flowers and it turned out to be a light leak. Because this past harvest no nanners and I was in a new room. Its amazing what these plants can go through as well as withstand. Good luck to you and your nanner destroying operation! Once agagin ill post pics of my small, yet potent harvest when I get pics.
Ace

aceofspades

Ok here are some harvest pics...Like I said previously, not all quantity, but quality is there for sure. This strain never lets me down. Also how do you delete double posts, I accidently doubled up last post and all I could do was edit and delete the text. Any tips?
group shot
IMGP0629.jpg

Biguns
IMGP0631.jpg

close up
IMGP0634.jpg

IMGP0643.jpg

IMGP0644.jpg

first few harvested
IMGP0645.jpg

IMGP0651.jpg

here are a few of my plants lined up for my scrog, also is it better to go bigger bucket size for a scrog or smaller, My choices are 4 gal or 10 gal. What do you think?

The carnival
IMGP0627-1.jpg

The cali skunk
IMGP0619-1.jpg

The blue cheese
IMGP0614-1.jpg

Group Shot
IMGP0623-1.jpg

Ace

E

Err

it turned out to be a light leak.

:bump:

This point is not emphasized enough. You wouldn't run your vehicles engine leaking fuel; why let your grow area leak light? Both for stress AND security!

[Begin Drunken/Stoned Ramblings of happiness]

Little update on my progress. Kind of sucks not being able to talk about it with people for obv security reasons and parents dont care; so its no fun chatting with them.

Tons of progress on my cab; but each time I went to it I forgot my Camera :redface: (Damn weed and its control of memory!) Got the first sanding down, second wood fill process (drying now), final caulking, and a first coat of paint on half of the interior.

All thats left is to sand twice more, possible wood filler if needed between the final two sands, one and a half coats of paint left, staining, wiring and figuring out my trick door. But Im yet to order some stuff for that as i've re-planned it, and will have to wait to get that squared away; so until then, its good old velcro and keeping the door to my room locked! :)

I've decided to start cracking seeds in the next day or two. Because of seeds and not clone; I cant use my cloner and will be stuck using rockwool. I'll just have to really watch my watering. I am so excited im peeing myself.

[END Stoned/Drunk babbling]

aceofspades

Remember that damn camera err! Glad to see that some peeps are still up other than myself. I am a night owl and work at a bar so I am used to going to bed around 4-6 am. Sucks though cause I also have to be up early to be back at the same job at 10 am! Oh well....Well I am going to hit some of this fresh herb I have here and try to pass out "early".

Ace

orpanic

Furthur shows were fun, anyone else go?
Thanks to Kelly from out West for helping me get in Saturday night..Shout out to the Enablahs! THANKS

Balazar

Has anyone heard about the growers consortium at the Hole in Denver? I just saw a handbill announcing this happening at 8pm on Thursdays. Its in the neighborhood, I may drop by.

Does anyone have any more info on this? It's not in my neighborhood but I would like to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts