What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balazar

What bud are you guys smoking lately? I got some Mr. Nice. That's the one I've chosen as the pick of the litter lately. I would like to get my hands on some Flo but I haven't seen it floating around.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
What bud are you guys smoking lately? I got some Mr. Nice. That's the one I've chosen as the pick of the litter lately. I would like to get my hands on some Flo but I haven't seen it floating around.
HeadBand was pretty good and some Master Kush Hash is what I've been smoking for the last week.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
New Toys..

That is a quantum ash tray... it was in the box.
picture.php

aceofspades

Those look like fun! Is that an electrical ballast? And can you tell me the difference between the electrical and the others?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Digital Vs Magnetic Ballast.

Digital is the future but the main reason i bought the Quantum is its Dimmable 600w to 300w.And the ballast itself runs cool as it has two fans.

Digital Burn brighter and or are more efficient. But may have Bulb issues.
I'm sure there are entire threads dedicated to all the differences. Thats where i found the info to buy the Super Sun 2 reflector.

A digital ballast offers the same electricity control as does the magnetic ballast, but with the digital model the current conforms to optimal levels of performance for each specific type and wattage of lamp, possible through digital circuitry. Magnetic ballasts weigh more than do digital ones, a consideration in a greenhouse setting, and they also run hotter than digital units. Because of the more consistent application of electrical current, the lamps last longer and function at a higher level using less power with a digital ballast than they might with a magnetic ballast. With a digital ballast, the light produced is more consistent. Magnetic ballasts, especially as they age, become more noisy when they operate, cause the HID lamps to flicker and also contribute to irregularities in the color that the lamp gives off. The digital units can also sense when the lamp is almost used up, and can shut the unit off when it is not functioning optimally.

K

KermitTheHermit

The Radio Shack portable microscope works great for the price. I've used mine for a few years. The zoom provides plenty of magnification for looking at the trichs; I don't know exactly what the range is.

Don't get any of the cheapo Chinese e-bay ones; they suck.

orpanic

SS2's! yea. Not sold on the digi/elec ballasts yet..maybe one day.
been puffin on some heady ass ogk, really sour tasting diesel, and hashy Flo..dankgoodness.

hey kelly check outwww.ultralo hydro.com online. they had some really good prices on stuff and will make you some great deals on bulk orders.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
New Toys..

That is a quantum ash tray... it was in the box.
picture.php

Nice Tripsick! Thats why I enjoy giving you advice, you LISTEN! :yes: You'll be glad when you're harvesting nice dense dank nugs from that combo. Forget the haters, the Quantum is the bees knees, anyone who knows ballasts and electronics knows Quantum is top of the line. The Super Sun 2 is awesome as well. I have 3 shades right next to each other, a Cool tube with external reflector (not great, not bad), a Cool Sun 6" aircooled (better than the cooltube), and a Super Sun 2 6" aircooled (the best). The penetration is loads better with the SS2 and the light spread is super uniform. A user named pico has done tests on many different shades, and the SS2 came out on top in all tests. I'm gonna change out ALL of mine to SS2's. :D

Thats cool, a quantum ashtray huh? I'll have to order mine from the same place, lol. I'm gonna be picking up that spinpro trimmer in the literature in your pic, the salad bowl lookin' one? It's GREAT for trimming small stuff, the colas I don't mind trimming all pretty anyhow, the small stuff can be a pain in the ass and constitutes the majority of your time spent trimming. I'm trying to get an order of them wholesale and slang some to a few close friends, so we can all get a better deal. :friends: :smoke:

Good shit my man, once you get over that swine flu PM me, I got somethin' for ya! :wave:

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I can't wait to get some Sweet Island or Island Sweet Skunk. Sounds right up my alley. :smoke:

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
The ISS is pretty good but I fell it has a really low ceiling to it, really flavorful great producer, but I think the high lacks something. Good daytime smoke though.

donspillthesoup

The ISS is def a daytime toke, for a more potent high I really like some of the lamb's bread I have been seeing in the dispensaries. Very close to the original strain..spicy, pungent, and earthy. Good stuff. Has anyone here heard about warehouse grows in cities outside of Denver and Boulder? There are many in those places but the space is drying up, just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience in warehouse grows away from there.

i live in the springs so all my experience comes from hear. what are you trying to find out. maybe i can answer your questions.

feltonmuggs

:wave:

I got ISS snips (clones) and my new breed "pepe le peu" beans, which is ISS female crossed with my Wonder Diesel (rez) male. Thinking of starting them up come spring time. I'm about to harvest some ISS very soon. Anyone up for a lil taste test with me?

Bud Good pm me friend. You got in on SSSH and I'm still trollin the bay for some.

:wave:

Good vibes all

K

KermitTheHermit

ive heard you cant look at the trichs while they are on the plant with the radio shack microscope. any truth to that? id prefer not to have to cut/trim to see if they are ready for harvest.

thanks for the reply. :joint:

True, I just clip off a little tiny tip of a leaf from a bud; maybe the size of the tip of a pinky finger. I cut them from a couple of different spots on the plant, like upper and lower buds, since they usually ripen at different rates. I guess if I thought it amounted to anything, I'd throw the scraps in a trim jar, but it's not enough to matter, and the buds will be trimmed down anyway when I harvest.

I set the microscope on the black side of a piece of panda film; I find the trichs easier to see with the black background; less glare than with a white background.

With a cut leaf under the scope on its stand, you can zoom right in to where you can see individual trichs, fill up the whole eyepiece with one gland head. Zoom out a bit, and you can see a little forest of trichs, and get an idea of clear/cloudy/amber ratio. The detail is really amazing.

I think with any useful amount of magnification, you'd have a hard time getting any scope steady enough to see anything if you were trying to look at leaves on the plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.