What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cob.. Hail the natives! Haha for us locals this explosion of mmj has been quite the trip eh?? The white is looking like it's going to yield just fine.
boy you ain't shittin. I can't believe how long it's been since i even heard of mexi-brick being around, ha!
It didn't stretch much at all, next time I'm gonna get her huge.
lot's of those clone only's are slow veggers, I've been shifting my focus more towards longer veg, and several transplants, progressively moving to bigger containers throughout veg, and using very little or no nutes. We'll see how it pans out in yield dept.

i read in your other thread you are using smart pots? i almost bought a bunch of em but I thought 1. they aren't reusable? 2. They might be unstable, i.e. get knocked over too easy. Looks like you are doing well w/ em.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I love the smartpots. Some people say they don't make any difference but I've seen it first hand. They are absolutely reusable, I shake em out pretty good, put em in a big ass black trash bag, take em to a laundry mat, put them in the "industrial machine" with a scoop of oxy clean. within twenty minutes they look brand new and are already dry by the time they come out of the washing machine. Also they are super stable, they would be similar to the bags, once they are full of soil they are as stable as any pot.

I don't know where you are in CO but in Fort Collins there is a local gal that is making her own version of smart pots. They are slightly more expensive but it's worth it for me to support the local economy. I'm gonna give them a go.

Last edited:

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm northern Co. Where does she have them? I like Bath garden center in foco, very nice folks.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I also like bath but they can't compete with way to grow on prices and the sales tax is 2x there. They do have a sweet greenhouse though and a "home section" for my girl. I was on my way to buy a hood at wtg but they were closed for the holidays. I really needed a hood so i went to Indoor Paradise (right in the middle of bath and wtg) and they stock them there.

aceofspades

Hey guys, I was talking to my dispensary today about seeds and he mentioned that there is a seed bank here in the springs but could not think of the name. Does anyone have any information about this?

Ace

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Selfhemployed, those look nice! I have a pretty big girl, the original clone J gave me. I've taken clones off her, gonna flower the biggun. Your pics get me excited to flower this baby out! Hehe, I have a room full of large plants, time for clones and I'll flower all those babies too! Been busy as hell working 50-70 hours a week lately, they grew out of hand... these power plants don't build themselves! :whistling:

Last edited:

Balazar

Ok I've been out for a few days. [EDIT]

Second while I'm bitching I have to bitch about the big tomato. The one off of 6th & 225. They sold me eye-hortilux bulbs with Lumatek ballasts. They told me it was the best possible combination to buy. I didn't do my research and now I have 1k HPS bulbs going out all over the damn place with only about 1500 hours on them. Also I got a nice hanna ph/tds meter from them and I have gone through 2 probes already through the warranty. The second time I needed a replacement probe they jacked off with my meter for a month before I got it back.

OK I have a question for you light guru's. What is all the fuss about with CMH? If you can only get bulbs up to 400w why is it so great? Is this only good for smaller grows? How does it stack up against 1kw HPS bulbs?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK I have a question for you light guru's. What is all the fuss about with CMH? If you can only get bulbs up to 400w why is it so great? Is this only good for smaller grows? How does it stack up against 1kw HPS bulbs?
I believe they are to be used in conjunction with HPS for the best results, mainly because they provide a much fuller spectrum than HPS alone. They are also reported to run cooler than HPS. Some others may have better info but I think that is the jist.

canaguy27

I believe they are to be used in conjunction with HPS for the best results, mainly because they provide a much fuller spectrum than HPS alone. They are also reported to run cooler than HPS. Some others may have better info but I think that is the jist.

x2. was looking to try these on a small scale for testing.

slappyjack

CMH bulbs are beautiful, I've been using one for my personal MMJ grows (3 flowering plants) for the last 3 years. The spectrum is MUCH better than HPS, they run extremely cool and they last (at least) 5 veg/flower cycles. I'm very impressed, and see no reason to ever again bother with HPS or MH conversion bulbs.

That said, I'd kill for a 1K CMH.

Balazar

I have also been reading about VHO Actinic CFL's like this one. They are made for growing coral reefs. There are several types some have internal reflectors inside the tube. Some are made with 50% 12000K phosphors and 50% regular tri-band white phosphors. (those are a majority of 420nm) The 100% Super Actinic White is almost all 460nm. Has anyone ever tried this interesting bulbs? I'm guessing it would be more efficient to mix bulbs than buy mixed phosphor bulbs.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
On the bright side..

My low life, scum sucking, care-not SOB... MAILMAN,, SENT MY SEEDS BACK!!!!!!

My BOG goodies, missing since early NOVEMBER, are safe and sound back at the Bo.

I SHOULD be harvesting those soon.
Guess I'll count the blessings, cause I thought they might have disapeared.

Hurry little seedlings - we have stuff waiting to go and more on the way.....
again

As for Big Tomatos -- that was the one with the clerk that ratted out large sales to LEO. I know good help is hard to find,, but they gotta be asleep at the wheel.

rooted

whats up CO? :wave:

just reading back a bit, and once i sifted through the BS, it seems a few of you have been consistently posting some great photos, so much thanks to you guys for keeping this thread lovely :smoke:

wish you all a snowy winter!

Ms_Weekend

Few shots of the garden for our CO brothers & sisters

Day 29

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts