What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
How did you hear about this ahead of time? I'd like to keep an eye for an event like that. I'm pretty impressed to see Apple actually have an event for cannabis in their store.

Avinash.Miles posted it in this thread a couple of pages back on the 20th I think.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more cool news thru the grapevine,
nate at CB1 labs is hiring.... anyone with or without lab experience (GC) might want to holler, would be a cool position that's for sure...

looking good old dirty human, i've been really wanting to grow some of ace's more indica leaning varieties.... wht's the smell like on that pCK kalichina?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My takeaway was that Apple wants a piece of that cash register market share... trying to wrestle linux and dos based systems control by making industry specific software (of course apple will sell you the point of sale system to go with the software) the flohub guy mentioned both tracking of sales, and inventory, specifically mentioning tracking recreational users in a more efficient fashion, as well as basing the software around the industry specifically... now, as a point of sale software, they demonstrated easy implication of daily or points based sales and rewards programs in just a few clicks... it seemed very simple to use...

However, its all cloud based... each shop would be logged in to the flohub servers... and all tracking data from all shops who use this software would be easily aggregated in the cloud... much as I suspected, the majority of the point seemed to be about tracking... they mentioned their primary goal as trying to drive the industry by making compliance and tracking of both users and their use more effortless...

I also would have liked to see the massroots guy as I've recently discovered it, and have used it a little... its basically twitter for weed.

I'm not liking that comment much...
Who's going to be tracked next if stoners allow tracking of themselves?
Am I misunderstanding something here?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
imo by "tracking" they probably are talking about the state mandated seed to sale tracking.

when i ran the mega warehouse we used a piece of software designed specifically for the task of "tracking" plants from propagation to harvest, it even gave alerts for when things needed harvesting. did we NEED it to grow the herb? no. does the state demand now that you do this? yes.
intrusive? perhaps, spying on you? maybe. but operating a legal licensed grow without the seed to sale tracking is not an option. i'm sure there are more efficient and "better" programs for this tast.... this is the first time i'm seeing them marketed openly.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Normally 70 days. Who made Chocolate thai? Well I figure we would have to go back in a time machine about 40-50 years or so to figure that one out. :)

what's the nose on that choc thai like?
fuck, that's all i ever wana kno; what's that shit SMELL LIKE?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
what's the nose on that choc thai like?
fuck, that's all i ever wana kno; what's that shit SMELL LIKE?

And the tasttteeeeee. Taking a page out of Chunky's book.

4023292.jpg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
last year it was "job fair" now "career fair"
how quick they are attempting to un-marginalize cannabis. whether i think anywould would successfully accomplish a "career" via getting a job working for a dispensary is neither here nor there... just the fact that they are calling it a "career fair" - insinuating that a person COULD enter the industry and have a lifelong job related to it... that says alot, especially these days. there are precious few places on earth you can legally work in a cannabis biz and gain all that experience (even just trimming and seeing how trim crews are run). As the political and legislative environment concerning cannabis WORLDWIDE is currently shifting - a person could potentially get a "job" here in CO and take that knowledge to another place that is more groundfloor than Colorado and help build a "career" in that environment where more opportunities may exist.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
last year it was "job fair" now "career fair"
how quick they are attempting to un-marginalize cannabis. whether i think anywould would successfully accomplish a "career" via getting a job working for a dispensary is neither here nor there... just the fact that they are calling it a "career fair" - insinuating that a person COULD enter the industry and have a lifelong job related to it... that says alot, especially these days. there are precious few places on earth you can legally work in a cannabis biz and gain all that experience (even just trimming and seeing how trim crews are run). As the political and legislative environment concerning cannabis WORLDWIDE is currently shifting - a person could potentially get a "job" here in CO and take that knowledge to another place that is more groundfloor than Colorado and help build a "career" in that environment where more opportunities may exist.

I continue to nerd out and stay excited every day...

Skunky McNugget

I'd heard of green cure, even tried Actinovate (an OMRI listed fungicide), but the buds were looking pretty bad and I didn't want any crap-tasting herb coming out of my garden. Lesson lernt, will be investing in a dehumidifier pretty soon. Any recommendations on those?
Make sure you get one that has an internal pump if you don't have drain close. I bought one from Sears 3 years ago with pump built in to automatically pump out water. Without pump or drain you will be emptying it's of water at least once a day and if it gets full before emptied it will shut off!!! Have not had pm since I got dehumidifier. One bad thing it will add some heat to your grow. :groupwave:

I remember some buds going around Christmas 1984. Were DARK brown and smelled like a Cocoa mix, When smoked tasted like dark chocolate and made you cough so hard you saw stars and found yourself stoned.

I would kill for a cut of that...

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I'm not liking that comment much...
Who's going to be tracked next if stoners allow tracking of themselves?
Am I misunderstanding something here?

imo by "tracking" they probably are talking about the state mandated seed to sale tracking.

when i ran the mega warehouse we used a piece of software designed specifically for the task of "tracking" plants from propagation to harvest, it even gave alerts for when things needed harvesting. did we NEED it to grow the herb? no. does the state demand now that you do this? yes.
intrusive? perhaps, spying on you? maybe. but operating a legal licensed grow without the seed to sale tracking is not an option. i'm sure there are more efficient and "better" programs for this tast.... this is the first time i'm seeing them marketed openly.

It was both.... med tracking is already done.
They want a scanner incorporated that also scans and tracks the civilian state ID's and databases them in addition to the med card scans...

on the point of sale, they mentioned a points based system... every 500 points (or dollars or whatever you set) that customer gets a free eighth or whatever...
when they brought it up on screen, it showed a list of all customers, both med and rec, with datasets in the box of dollars spent, last visit, etc... he then hit on a name on the screen and brought up purchase history... it seemed apparent that they want or ...anticipate... the tracking of rec sales to be handled with the same scrutiny as the MMED sales

Speaking of more events, y'all don't forget that both the Frost Bowl in Pueblo and the Indo Expo is this weekend :yes:

I pulled the trigger and entered my 3 rd...lemon girl scout cookies at 3:45pm Monday. I am just begging and hoping for one of the pendants they make. The main awards are just unreal.

Still think the Black Jack is the strongest...the lab tests will tell. The PCK is just pretty and I hope squeaks by.:dance013:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I pulled the trigger and entered my 3 rd...lemon girl scout cookies at 3:45pm Monday. I am just begging and hoping for one of the pendants they make. The main awards are just unreal.

Still think the Black Jack is the strongest...the lab tests will tell. The PCK is just pretty and I hope squeaks by.:dance013:

They all sound good :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.