What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SooperSmurph

Had to trash my latest crop of Ghost Train and Star Killer. The room got way to humid a couple of times and wound up with grey mold (botrytis I think). Happened practically overnight. Sprayed the whole room down with rubbing alcohol, then chopped and bagged it all up. 10 plants down the shitter. Washing all the clothes I wore with borax, too. Fuck!!!!!
Next time try potassium bicarbonate (green cure) sprayed daily for a few days, changes the surface ph of the plant matter so mold and mildew can't grow, and late in flower it can be one of the only safe ways to salvage plants damaged by mold, sulfur (whether elemental or in SM90) tends to contaminate the final product.

I used the greencure to bring my plants back from several funguses that hit in mid August. The buds that were infected never did fill out but newer buds took off. Then while drying and curing some of the buds started trying to mildew again. I put just a few drops of everclear in each jar and seal it for about 12 hours. Then resume your cure. The alcohol vapors knock it dead also. The problem is you have to use VERY little or you will ruin the taste of your buds.

R

!RA!

I'd heard of green cure, even tried Actinovate (an OMRI listed fungicide), but the buds were looking pretty bad and I didn't want any crap-tasting herb coming out of my garden. Lesson lernt, will be investing in a dehumidifier pretty soon. Any recommendations on those?

Well I am facing an attack by about 5 different mildews/funguses coming from my yard and the neighbors' yards. I am going to be spraying light doses of GreenCure every 10-14 days till just before harvest. I have been told this should prevent it.??? I hope so.

I guess I should be clearer...sorry. My fungal infections do not seem to be from the soils...well maybe one??? My pot plants actually got hit by the smutt that killed my corn over 100 feet away. It will not kill cannabis but sure doesn't do it any good. I think the changes of climate are releasing hidden spores and it is going to be a hair pulling fight to figure out a long term solution.

Last edited:

MattHadder

Next time try potassium bicarbonate (green cure) sprayed daily for a few days, changes the surface ph of the plant matter so mold and mildew can't grow, and late in flower it can be one of the only safe ways to salvage plants damaged by mold, sulfur (whether elemental or in SM90) tends to contaminate the final product.

What about those UV light wands? I've heard those do the trick quite well. I'm very hesitant to spray my plants during flower.

S

SooperSmurph

What about those UV light wands? I've heard those do the trick quite well. I'm very hesitant to spray my plants during flower.
The light would have to be very intense and would need to be sustained for an extended period, but UV sterilization is probably possible.

Probably something similar to a heat treatment, once the desired level of UV is achieved, leave it for an hour or so, then remove.

Here is some of this rounds chocolate thai straight out of the oven. Just shy of 70 days. When I uploaded the pictures got turned. Don't feel like fixing them. Tilt your head sideways, and enjoy. :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good photo!

also of note - i'm hearing thru the grapevine that the lazy lion smoke club in colorado springs is being raided right now....
bummer, setback for the clubs

looking good photo!

also of note - i'm hearing thru the grapevine that the lazy lion smoke club in colorado springs is being raided right now....
bummer, setback for the clubs

I don't understand why the CSPD would waste time and effort on raiding a private club when they can't figure out how to pay for the costs of regular patrols???

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't understand why the CSPD would waste time and effort on raiding a private club when they can't figure out how to pay for the costs of regular patrols???

feds apparently
locals there backing them up, but the guy running the place must have gone astray at some point....
the place always seemed shady to me, acted like a dispensary, made u sign your 6 rec plants to them, AND charged people to consume onsite, the one thing that all LEGAL and licensed shops can't do....

sales and consumption are separated co state law, anyplace doing both in the same place is gonna get in hot water. imo

S

SooperSmurph

^This, the local authorities harass people on the edge of state law to keep the feds happy and out of their money pot.

shredGnar

Here is some of this rounds chocolate thai straight out of the oven. Just shy of 70 days. When I uploaded the pictures got turned. Don't feel like fixing them. Tilt your head sideways, and enjoy. :)
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60796&pictureid=1555050&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60796&pictureid=1555049&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60796&pictureid=1555048&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Nice! How long do you let this one go? Who makes this one?

Relentless

Veteran
the lazy lion was pretty cool, other then all the crackheads coming down off hard drugs chillin in there.. place was sketchy inside..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I never went there and still haven't been to any of these clubs yet to date.

On a different note, I ended up checking out that Cannabis Business event that the Cherry Creek Apple Store put on. It was pretty on par with what some members already speculated.

Mass Roots opened up the meeting and did a presentation. I got there late because I don't know my way around Denver and the traffic there is pretty fuct so I missed the entire Mass Roots deal. I wish I could have caught that but shrug? I got there when the presenter from FlowHub was already in the middle of his deal. Check them out here, http://flowhub.co/ but they are pushing their software as the seed to sale tracking software for the industry that is gaining some traction. Apple comes into the mix as being able to supply the machines for all the dispensaries be that computers, ipads, etc. They also are going to offer different leasing and financing options for said hardware. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Black Dog LED was there in attendance so I got to speak with one of their guys for a little. They are possibly looking to do another cannabis specific event similar to this one around next fall.

:yes:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran

On a different note, I ended up checking out that Cannabis Business event that the Cherry Creek Apple Store put on. It was pretty on par with what some members already speculated.

Mass Roots opened up the meeting and did a presentation. I got there late because I don't know my way around Denver and the traffic there is pretty fuct so I missed the entire Mass Roots deal. I wish I could have caught that but shrug? I got there when the presenter from FlowHub was already in the middle of his deal. Check them out here, http://flowhub.co/ but they are pushing their software as the seed to sale tracking software for the industry that is gaining some traction. Apple comes into the mix as being able to supply the machines for all the dispensaries be that computers, ipads, etc. They also are going to offer different leasing and financing options for said hardware. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Black Dog LED was there in attendance so I got to speak with one of their guys for a little. They are possibly looking to do another cannabis specific event similar to this one around next fall.

My takeaway was that Apple wants a piece of that cash register market share... trying to wrestle linux and dos based systems control by making industry specific software (of course apple will sell you the point of sale system to go with the software) the flohub guy mentioned both tracking of sales, and inventory, specifically mentioning tracking recreational users in a more efficient fashion, as well as basing the software around the industry specifically... now, as a point of sale software, they demonstrated easy implication of daily or points based sales and rewards programs in just a few clicks... it seemed very simple to use...

However, its all cloud based... each shop would be logged in to the flohub servers... and all tracking data from all shops who use this software would be easily aggregated in the cloud... much as I suspected, the majority of the point seemed to be about tracking... they mentioned their primary goal as trying to drive the industry by making compliance and tracking of both users and their use more effortless...

I also would have liked to see the massroots guy as I've recently discovered it, and have used it a little... its basically twitter for weed.

MattHadder

How did you hear about this ahead of time? I'd like to keep an eye for an event like that. I'm pretty impressed to see Apple actually have an event for cannabis in their store.

Status
Not open for further replies.