What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true! What upsets me more than the risk of an infected clone is a misslabled or hermie clone.

A mislabeled clone definitely sucks - for that one, you really have to trust the genetics acumen of your clone source. Your best bet is (obviously) to get your cuts direct from a breeder (who in turn, probably secured his or hers from an original breeder, etc.), or someone who has the mother from a seed they bought and popped (don't trust bagseed clones, especially if you're worried about hermies - there's a good chance they're the result of hermied self-crosses, which will mean that any clones from them are likely to herm).

Hermie clones are something of a misnomer: certain strains have a tendency to herm under certain stresses; that is - if you were to grow, say ECSD in a perfect environment, it won't necessarily herm, but if it gets a little light or heat stress, keep an eye out for nanners. From what I'm told, this genetic trait was in the original ECSD mother and is in anything that's ever been cut or bred from her (though there are definitely more than a handful of breeders looking to stabilize her at present).

One word for you.

GROWLER .

That's a great idea
The wife is off next week
I'll take her to lunch at the brewery and bring home a growler
NB is only a few miles from home

I get more good advice on this Colorado Growers thread

soil, nutes, veg garden, beer

my grow has never been better
after following the advice I got here
only complaint I get is "it's too strong"

M

merlot

Anyone going to the Caregiver's Cup at the end of the month?

The Last Caregivers' Cup

A "One Love, People Get Ready" Event
Sunday June 26, 2011

FUN, MUSIC, FOOD, Education, Advocacy, Community
Private event for legal cannabis patients and caregivers. NOT a public event, sorry.

http://www.caregiverscup.com/events.html

MIway

Veteran
I went to the last... it was a mess.

You know what the current price is to win? Wasn't it two quaps before...?

M

merlot

I haven't been to this event.. what was the last one like?

No clue what the prize is :p But sounds like there would be alot of smokin' going on :wave:

MIway

Veteran
Mad house... lots of people there, but the overall atmosphere was cool... even smoking outside while taking a strole round the block... I didn't mind that.

Just a cluster of organization & the skinny is it's paid off... and a chunk of the samples people entered didn't make it around for all to judge... and there was a line of 'judges'... even they complained about not enough to sample... everyone get charged & donations out the ass... only to find shit not on trial... and jars in boxes going home w that cat.

It appeared a mess... insofar as a real competition is concerned. It seemed consistent with all the criticisms peeps have of Tim.

Just a heads up if thinkin on placing some pristine samples on display.

M

merlot

That would piss me off to see some guy taking it all for himself out to his car, while everyone else isn't puffing on anything for sure!

I was more thinking of just going and buying a judges pass for 25 bucks and puff all day and check it out.

Kind of odd, it costs alot more to enter your dried bud, but is free if you enter hash or oil and get a judge pass?

Dried Bud Competition
If you are proud of your garden. here are the rules:
1) You must be a legal Colorado patient or caregiver.
2) A $50 donation or equivalent raffle items will be requested for your entry.
3) You must provide at least one ounce of your medicine in a glass jar. All medicine will be photographed, so pick your most photogenic buds. Medicine will not be returned but will be donated to needy patients.

Hash Medicine Competition
No cash donation required and contestant will receive 1 complimentary judge pass for oil and hash medicine competition (only). Contestants are being asked to donate 1/8 of an ounce (or 3.5 grams) of dry hash medicine to be judged.

Oil Competition
No cash donation required and contestant will receive 1 complimentary judge pass for oil and hash medicine competition (only). Please donate 1 gram of oil to be judged.

JUDGING PASSES: The judges will be all the legal patients at the event. All patient-judge passes will be available for donation the day of the event only! Judging passes are $25.00 donation each. (Oil & Hash judge's passes are $50.00 donation each, which also include a BUD judging opportunity).

MIway

Veteran
For a place to chill & smoke, it's cool to do... some good people show up, some u'd rather not see... just like anything. I'd go for sure, just to check out.

But the judges will spend a lot of time waiting & standing in line & likely won't get to sample everything... as it will run out.

On the same token, you got the CG that, if only entering 1zip, won't have enough for all the judges that will sign up... exactly as you are thinking.

I just see this as a means to bring in nugs for him to cut out for himself... plus take in as much cash as poss from entry/passes/fees/venue. And let the zoo fig itself out... then walk.

That was my net overall impression.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Caregiver's Cup is a SCAM!

Caregiver's Cup is a SCAM!

Dried Bud Competition
If you are proud of your garden. here are the rules:
1) You must be a legal Colorado patient or caregiver.
2) A $50 donation or equivalent raffle items will be requested for your entry.
3) You must provide at least one ounce of your medicine in a glass jar. All medicine will be photographed, so pick your most photogenic buds. Medicine will not be returned but will be donated to needy patients.

Hash Medicine Competition
No cash donation required and contestant will receive 1 complimentary judge pass for oil and hash medicine competition (only). Contestants are being asked to donate 1/8 of an ounce (or 3.5 grams) of dry hash medicine to be judged.

Oil Competition
No cash donation required and contestant will receive 1 complimentary judge pass for oil and hash medicine competition (only). Please donate 1 gram of oil to be judged.

JUDGING PASSES: The judges will be all the legal patients at the event. All patient-judge passes will be available for donation the day of the event only! Judging passes are $25.00 donation each. (Oil & Hash judge's passes are $50.00 donation each, which also include a BUD judging opportunity).
Donations to Tim Tipton's pockets.
Don't go!
Don't give that lying drug addict shit!

Yes, he hoards your shit, and the needy patients don't exist.
Unless you call Tim Tipton and some of his select ugly bitches 'Needy'.

He says that after HB-1043 he won't be able to hold these events. Reality is people are learning the truth about TT, and he owes enough money to enough people that he can't hold it indefinitely without ending up in trouble.
He has gotten people Felony convictions, owes others for multiple bows (got one out of me).
He is a patient predator.
You have been warned.

It is a scam.
But it is your meds, do with them as you please.
There is a thread on the Farm about this piece of shit.
:blowbubbles:
P.S. He used to just rip you off an ounce, now it's plus $50. Fucking HighLarious!

M

merlot

Thanks for the heads up Rednick and MIway.

I wasn't planning on bringing a zip, if I went it would just be to check it out.

No clue who Tim Tipton is, but sounds like a sketchy fool, so I will stay away ;)

Appreciate the heads up fellas!

Donations to Tim Tipton's pockets.
Don't go!
Don't give that lying drug addict shit!

Yes, he hoards your shit, and the needy patients don't exist.
Unless you call Tim Tipton and some of his select ugly bitches 'Needy'.

He says that after HB-1043 he won't be able to hold these events. Reality is people are learning the truth about TT, and he owes enough money to enough people that he can't hold it indefinitely without ending up in trouble.
He has gotten people Felony convictions, owes others for multiple bows (got one out of me).
He is a patient predator.
You have been warned.

It is a scam.
But it is your meds, do with them as you please.
There is a thread on the Farm about this piece of shit.
P.S. He used to just rip you off an ounce, now it's plus $50. Fucking HighLarious!

:yeahthats: You'll regret it if you go... And Tim's a fucking scumbag. If you're looking for a place to meet cool people and smoke good pot, try Hoodlab on 6th & Santa Fe in Denver on a 1st Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

I see there's a category for Tincture

I have a bottle of Mendocino County Kush Tincture
that I brought from California when we moved back to Colorado

I put a couple drops in my wife's beer when she talks too much
she's sound a sleep in bed in about a half hour - hahaha

Joking about the wife, I would never slip anyone a "mickey"
not joking about having a bottle

I had never heard of the stuff until my buddy pulled out a quart of it
and filled me up a bottle as a going away present

picture.php

D

draco

3 in. of rain/hail last night... minor basement flooding, and all the work done outside is heavily damaged.

heres hoping that you outside growers still have something alive - my basil is toast.

I was doing an experimental small greenhouse with some seedlings - the utter chaos and calamity of that storm destroyed it so severely that I don't even feel bad - nature had its way and nothing I coulda done would have saved any of that!

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I was doing an experimental small greenhouse with some seedlings - the utter chaos and calamity of that storm destroyed it so severely that I don't even feel bad - nature had its way and nothing I coulda done would have saved any of that!
Yeah, most of Colorado will require a substantially sturdier greenhouse than the NorCal folk. I don't think they see the level/severity of hail/weather we do.

I just got word that a friend will possibly be bringing me back a clone of Bruce Banner #3 from their trip to Denver. Any Coloradans care to chime in on whether or not this cut lives up to the hype? Keep up the good work, neighbors!

I prefer the bb#5, but the #3 is definitely a sick cut - I'm pretty sure there are photos of her floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.