What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
rednick. that cross sounds interesting. what was the female that got pollinated? also, pheno hunting isn't too expensive. you just need to find the right system to run.
I don't know, best guess right now is it is some sort of ISS pheno. Got it back during card trading in '09.

My point with pheno hunting was opportunity cost. 'Cause I always have to take the top performers to Round 2, and sometimes there is a Final Round Battle to the Death....
I just have to get better at saying 'fuck it, pitch it!'.
:blowbubbles:

Space Case

Veteran
Colorado Growers Thread

Pheno hunting can be expensive when youve wasted 3 months of nutes and electricity for cardboard flavored hemp plants, i.e. Shit phenos. And then you are stuck with 2+ lbs of it...

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Pheno hunting can be expensive when youve wasted 3 months of nutes and electricity for cardboard flavored hemp plants, i.e. Shit phenos. And then you are stuck with 2+ lbs of it...

i dunno about you, but i wouldn't label anything hemp that i've ever grown. maybe i'm just lucky *goes and knocks on wood*

i've popped 1000+ seeds, and i find i have more of a problem narrowing down killer phenos then worrying about shit phenos, guess i'm a glass half full type of guy though.

Space Case

Veteran
i dunno about you, but i wouldn't label anything hemp that i've ever grown. maybe i'm just lucky *goes and knocks on wood*

i've popped 1000+ seeds, and i find i have more of a problem narrowing down killer phenos then worrying about shit phenos, guess i'm a glass half full type of guy though.

Depends on the seeds you are running. F1 hybrids will always have something at least halfway decent, especially when the mother is a clone only. But if you are hunting down good phenos in old stock, you can get stuck blah phenos. Tom Hill's Original Haze for example, is 95% shit hemp, 5% amazing phenos. I ran some of BOG's Blue Kush, not one keeper. Tom Hill's X18s, there were some fire phenos, but everyone had to be tossed due to hermie issues. Just rollin' the dice...

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran

You got by easy - add some spider mites, root aphids and powdery mildew.

About 6 months of trouble and a couple lost prizes.

But the lessons learned put me ahead in the end.

As to the roll of the dice - it's like a woman - some turn my crank - some can't get me started.

barnyard

obviously, lots variables involved...

obviously, lots variables involved...

but a good general guideline:

10 seeds will get you 8 plants
8 plants will get you 4 females
4 females will get you one really good female

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
4 females will get you one really good female

if you're looking for the really good pheno's i like buying atleast 30 seeds if i can. 10-15 females, and 1 of them should be some killer kill.

i remember reading that shanti went through 2-300 haze females before finding the killer pheno he wanted to use for breeding. that's dedication.

I pulled between .6-.7 - I've seen people push 8 OGs under a light to damn close to 2 lbs in aero setups, but I'd be damn happy with the .8 you're pulling myself.

To be fair, 2/3 of the cycle I ran were mostly-dead clones I took in out of sympathy, so it was practice in problem solving for those guys. They did alright, but were super nute-hoggish towards the end and I think they were underfed starting in in week 7. Oh well - that's what the next cycle's for, right?

Just for reference, what was your yield that was disappointing?

I'm just curious where I fall.... I'm getting about .8g/watt.

If I grew higher yielding strains, it would be higher. I grow for potency.

picture.php

man oh man the Poudre River is rocking today

S

Stankie

I'm running a fairly 'water-only' homemade soil mix, using only meals, minerals, and teas. Lots of compost/compost teas. Getting over 16z's off 3 plants under a 600w. 4-5 weeks veg.

Ganesh
Gan9.jpg

Ganesh23.jpg

Blueberry Gum
BBG33.jpg

BBG44.jpg

Pineapple Express is hanging now
PEcut1.jpg

Those are lookin happy!

How big are the pots you're running - rootzone area is a potential limiting factor; also, like Rednick said, more light never hurts.

That Blue Gum is a sexy cut - I was just talking with i.smoke.kush about her, actually.

So on the surface, it looks like you're doing about .75 g/w (16*28=448; 448/.74666). BUT the Gram/Watt rule is based on square feet of canopy space; theoretically, you could have put twice as many plants under that light and likely have pulled 1.3+ g/w, which is absolutely fuckin great in an amended soil mix!

I'm running a fairly 'water-only' homemade soil mix, using only meals, minerals, and teas. Lots of compost/compost teas. Getting over 16z's off 3 plants under a 600w. 4-5 weeks veg.

Ganesh
Gan9.jpg

Ganesh23.jpg

Blueberry Gum
BBG33.jpg

BBG44.jpg

Pineapple Express is hanging now
PEcut1.jpg

spunion

I can't find any info online for this strain but there are a few dispensaries that carry it. I got a clone of it...looks like pure indica

d4nk

my friend grabbed a grandoggy purps off of cl the other day. that picture of the poudre is gorgeous and i knew it was that canyon for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.