What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
i flushed for 8 days with clearex
i just took the top few colas off. i harvested because the trics looked ready.
i havent smoked any of this yet. im hoping that the taste is ok....
i thought a 8-10 day flush was about average?

edit:
how can you tell there is alot on N in it? color?
<-- still a hydro noob...

edit x2
the color may be a bit off because it was set to take pics under the HPS :|

You can tell when almost all the nitrogen has been removed by the coloring of the fan leaves.. They will usually start to change to a yellowish color, when growing organic soil at least, sometimes you even get some really gorgeous fall colors ( reds, oranges, purples), but that's strain dependent for the most part.

I as well would go with 2+ weeks of flushing, IMHO it makes the herb so much smoother. In an optimal situation, when burned you should get a nice white ash..
Chunky black ash at the end of the bowl usually means it should have gotten a longer flush.

C

Coloradan

damn Hank the iss is real nice. If you were doing organic than there's no flushing needed and they may finish yellow if the soil is right. Since it's hydro maybe 2 weeks at least? Does hydro finish yellow normally?

orpanic

everything can finish with the plant's true/fall colors..either yellow, purple, red, what have you. You must cut off the N and when the chlorophyll/Nitrogen gets used up by the plant towards the end of the life cycle you start to see these, no matter what media.

coloradan, why not flush with plain water when growing organic? I guess 'flush' might not be the 'correct' word to use, but rather let's say giving her straight water for the last weeks..you could give it nutes till you chop her, but your just wasting nutes IMO and a smoother smoke because she is using up her stored energy and giving a sign to start to finish up.

C

Coloradan

orpanic, imo organic nutrients are absorbed completely by the plant so no flushing is necessary (and tastes so good). whereas chemical fertilizers always stay behind a little. That's why hydro not flushed is so bad.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can tell when almost all the nitrogen has been removed by the coloring of the fan leaves.. They will usually start to change to a yellowish color, when growing organic soil at least, sometimes you even get some really gorgeous fall colors ( reds, oranges, purples), but that's strain dependent for the most part.

I as well would go with 2+ weeks of flushing, IMHO it makes the herb so much smoother. In an optimal situation, when burned you should get a nice white ash..
Chunky black ash at the end of the bowl usually means it should have gotten a longer flush.
I usually stop feeding N about halfway through flower. And flush w/ plain water 14 or so days prior to the cut (in soil). Some strains I have noticed will stay green though.

orpanic

orpanic, imo organic nutrients are absorbed completely by the plant so no flushing is necessary (and tastes so good). whereas chemical fertilizers always stay behind a little. That's why hydro not flushed is so bad.

I prefer to give them water the last weeks..try it side by side and let me know what you think. One is superior, IME. Save some nutes taboot taboot!

M

MacGyver420

i flushed for 8 days with clearex
i just took the top few colas off. i harvested because the trics looked ready.
i havent smoked any of this yet. im hoping that the taste is ok....
i thought a 8-10 day flush was about average?

edit:
how can you tell there is alot on N in it? color?
<-- still a hydro noob...

edit x2
the color may be a bit off because it was set to take pics under the HPS :|

im going to venture a guess and say that even though the leaves are still pretty green, they are going to taste great; and they look good too
you could have let them flush some more yea dont limit yourself to a certain amount of days just watch the plant... but thats a choice you can make on the next go round
peace

and hook ive seen this thing called the 420scope at a couple headshops it looked legit enough; if not maybe kinda overpriced

HookNLine

So get a 30x correct? If i get a say 60x it would be better for looking at trichomes or no? Sorry im a newbie.

I read on hear u can't look on the plant itself with the radio shack ones i wanted to get one so i would be able to.

alphaguru

nice setup!

and a 265 gph pump to recirculate everything:
IMG_3238.jpg

it should recirculate ~1 times every 6 mins.
im running it in the garage to make sure there arent any problems with it, then it will go into the tent.

i also harvested some of the top growth on my plant according to this:

the top buds were 50% cloudy, with alot of amber stems, the last part of the plant will go until the trics are amber.
on the plant:
IMG_3220.jpg

8 day flush:

the lower half of the plant will continue to flush.

nice job kelly glad to see you got a new system ready to go in place how are those cuts vegging up?

alphaguru

I think Im going to take clones and run her later. I just started another 9 alpha diesel's for the time being.

Thinking about crossing blue hash with either this juicy fruit male Ive got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts