What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking tasty man! Keep up the good work.
icon14.gif

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Balazar, I'd be concerned with those tubs cracking, they aren't very strong, that would suck for them to crack when full of nutes or close to harvest. I know they will, I've seen people double them and make wooden frames, and they still ended up cracking. Great idea though, I like how you used the UnderCurrent system for inspiration. Lowes has some super heavy duty black tubs with yellow lids that I think would work much better with no chance of cracking. :wave:

Balazar

Looking good Kelly thats a pretty purple in the buds. I flush for about 2 weeks. I use RO so its always a flush with straight RO (ph adjusted). I fill up the res with the RO and then take a ppm reading with my meter. I keep on taking readings twice a day every day. The ppm will rise and then level off at a certain point. Once they level off I change out the RO and repeat until the RO wont rise any higher than 100 ppm's. Then I cut the lights and leave them in the dark for a whole 24 hours before chopping them. I too think that burning to a white powdery ash is a sign of good flushing.

On the advice of some of you guys I just potted a few clones in foxfarm soil, raised one of my lights and stuck them on a piece of plywood on top of a section of my DWC buckets. I'm gonna do some side by side tests again using organic only in the soil. I love experiments! I always wanted to be a scientist when I was younger.:bongsmi:

Also a question for the experts: Does anyone know of a good meter that registers ppm's over 2000? I'm pushing these things pretty hard and right now I'm kinda guessing where the ppm's are. I have a nice hanna meter but it tops out at 2000 and anything above it just reads 1.

High all, I'm a medical caregiver in the great state of Colorado. Right now I'm working with Grape Ape from clone. Soil, organic, 2 1000w hps. Here's some pics. Just started flowering yesterday.

Attachments

• 100_1147.jpg
    100_1147.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1148.jpg
    100_1148.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1154.jpg
    100_1154.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1155.jpg
    100_1155.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11

Balazar

orphanic - I was interpreting the post as mixing runoff with clean water in certain percentages. Can you explain further the process for flushing in soil. My understanding was flush for about 10 days and put a lot of water through about half way through to leach the nutes out of the soil. Then mix runoff water with the RO your using to flush with? or just plan ph balanced RO?

BudGood - Nice to hear from you. Those are Kellys tubs. I use 5 gallon black plastic buckets and i use a rubbermaid BRUTE trash can with a cargo strap around it for extra support as the res.

Kelly - Those uniseals are awesome! I bet your system has a good current to it. Do you use a ppm meter? and if so
Kelly -

MrDank

Veteran
ALL CANNABIS NEEDS FLUSHED

Even organic grown plants need to be flushed of their stored nutes and also flushed of the stored nutes in the medium. I grow organically and have flushed lightly, flushed hard, and not flushed at all, and I can definitely tell the difference on all 3.

People who don't flush are the reason why I am such a pot snob and have trouble smoking herb when other people offer it to me

btw, I feed 100% organic (with NO additives or flavor "enhancers") and at 15 days from harvest I give plain waterings with 15% runoff. Then at 8-10 days from harvest, I leach the 3-gal pot of coco with 3 gallons of 6.0 ph water. And the last 2 waterings I water with 25% runoff. The past 2 years my buds have become the smoothest and tastiest I have ever sampled

Balazar

I have never done the leach after one week or used the runoff. Thanks for the tips MrDank I'm going to try that next harvest.

Balazar

WTF they are out of order. Did the ICMAG server have a time zone hiccup? I was super blazed last night. But I don't think I turned back time or rearranged the messages so this must be a server issue.

orpanic

orphanic - I was interpreting the post as mixing runoff with clean water in certain percentages. Can you explain further the process for flushing in soil. My understanding was flush for about 10 days and put a lot of water through about half way through to leach the nutes out of the soil. Then mix runoff water with the RO your using to flush with? or just plan ph balanced RO?

BudGood - Nice to hear from you. Those are Kellys tubs. I use 5 gallon black plastic buckets and i use a rubbermaid BRUTE trash can with a cargo strap around it for extra support as the res.

Kelly - Those uniseals are awesome! I bet your system has a good current to it. Do you use a ppm meter? and if so
Kelly -

First, I'm not an Orphan...:laughing: funny
But Mr.Dank was saying those %'s are the amount of run-off from the watering of the plant. Run-off can be explained as the amount of water/nute combo that come out of your media when watering. The amount that you put in has a % to the amount of run-off (excess that comes out of bottom of container/bag) Now the run-off you don't use to Re-water your plants, no. that drains to waste.
Hard to explain by typing..but anyone else that can explain better than I. Go for it. Easier done than said.

M

MacGyver420

I leach the 3-gal pot of coco with 3 gallons of 6.0 ph water.

do you adjust the PH accordingly first using a ph down?

this is a nagging question that has been on my mind please anyone feel free to answer

on a side note: I am making the switch to grow bags and coco!!! :woohoo:
going to run tru blue and flo this round im pretty excited, but ive got some work ahead of me.

floydfanx6

question for coloradoians:
how is the job market out there? im thinking of moving to colorado in a few months,would like to get a job in the IT field,,are there jobs? is it bad like in cali? a lil info before i move would be greatly appreciated :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts