What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Greenhouse 9300' (Seasonal and Year-around)

T

The_Core

Not sure where everyone is at but I am here and I think those plants look great. Very nice job. I really like how you designed your greenhouse. I suppose I would do something the same, but not as strong and insulated. I would try to cut down on costs.

Do you have problems with the plants hitting the top of the greenhouse? We are just now finishing up the season here in Sweden. Cold nights, decent day time temps, not much rain but the sun is going down fast. Sun is almost down at 1900. Anyway I will probably be asking around which strains to run in a greenhouse, in the future. Right now is about the time plants need to be done in Sweden, for outdoors.

highcountrygrow

Not sure where everyone is at but I am here and I think those plants look great. Very nice job. I really like how you designed your greenhouse. I suppose I would do something the same, but not as strong and insulated. I would try to cut down on costs.

Do you have problems with the plants hitting the top of the greenhouse? We are just now finishing up the season here in Sweden. Cold nights, decent day time temps, not much rain but the sun is going down fast. Sun is almost down at 1900. Anyway I will probably be asking around which strains to run in a greenhouse, in the future. Right now is about the time plants need to be done in Sweden, for outdoors.

Thanks for taking a look. No complaints on this summers run. As far as the plants growing into the ceiling; Im growing all kush plants in there which helps with limiting that stretchy shit... highly recommend if really trying to max your productivity per square foot... but they are trained through giant tomato cages AKA chicken wire then further tied away from the plastic if needed ( only had to do that on one side of the GH that had the lowest height). Hope that clears things up. Keep the crush on in Sweden!

S

sourpuss

Edited. Sorry was gonna ask about the greenhouse. Wanna copy the design. Then went a page back and found the answer. Buds look proper!!!

Last edited:
T

The_Core

highcountrygrow

I know we have different climates. Where I live 58N Sweden, we begin our spring around May 15th- June 1st. To be safe of no late frosts we usually get things going around June 1st.

The season is normally over around September 15th, this year it has been unusually nice and plants are still going. We should be able to keep going until about october 15th I would say.

Any thoughts on some nice strains for that time frame? 3-4 months?

Here is a Sunrise-Sunset calculator for around where I live.

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/sweden/goteborg?month=5

I was thinking to run some Mosca C99 BX1 outdoors next year as they said it can be done as little as 45 days up to 65 days. Let me know your thoughts!

S

sourpuss

I def would bury my GHs into the ground but we sit on bedrock up here so youde need dynamite(haha) or a large excavator to get into the ground a few feet. So not too cost effective for me. ill post some pics late of the GH with most of its bells and whistles in. Its very well insulated so even without heating it right now it doesnt drop too much in temp during the night. I have a poly hoop house but I have not done any insulated poly tunnels up here. The winds probably would prevent that method from working to well up here. I plan on putting 4 1000W gavitas in a 10x 24ft GH. Hoping that should be fine for supplementing

Walpini deluxe haha.... fucking amazing ideas

highcountrygrow

Walpini deluxe haha.... fucking amazing ideas

Just checked them out... cool GH but some places the bedrock won't allow for you to build into the ground. I have found doubling up the insulation values and adding a heating source (ie. wood burning stove/ thermal mass sources AKA water barrels and gravel/heaters) will have the same effect as the walipini ground-built GH

highcountrygrow

The pull down is going great. Ill post some pics of the football sized blackberry kush colas aand the bubba kush from last week that is dried and curing. After 10 yrs this was easily my best season. Zero issues. NO PM. No Mold. No mites. NO aphids. so that is a huge win. I attribute this to; the greenhouse itself (12"exhaust fan was essential and ran during the day, wall fans, and dehumidifiers running at night, GH door only closed last couple cold nights), the strains (selected PM/mold resistant cultivars, Kept plants vigor throughout life cycle (no root-locking, steady feedings, clean up bottoms of plants, and plant spacing), a couple organic preventative sprays during veg and early flower, and of course all the days of sunlight and dry humidity up here always helps haha!

Wow that looks amazing! I'm extremely jealous! I'm a student right now at CU Boulder actually! What would you recommend I get a degree in if I want to one day run a dispensary and breed like yourself?

highcountrygrow

Wow that looks amazing! I'm extremely jealous! I'm a student right now at CU Boulder actually! What would you recommend I get a degree in if I want to one day run a dispensary and breed like yourself?

I graduated from CU Boulder with degrees in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology (MCDB) and Evolutionary Biology and Ecology (EBIO). MCDB will give you the best understanding of biology that emphasizes on organic and biochemistry, molecular and cellular bio, calc-based physics, and the best lab experience if your trying to learn tissue culture procedures. But if you want to run a dispensary I would get a business degree and follow up with an MBA.

Wow! That's impressive haha, right now I'm currently an Environmental Studies Major with a concentration in Water Conservation but I may switch over! The only thing that would be holding me back is that I am not very strong at math or chemistry :( I could try business though!