What's new

Colorado Greenhouse 9300' (Seasonal and Year-around)

Well, it sounds like the area/environment are nearly identical.

What's been your favorite all-around strain you've had success with?

highcountrygrow

I just filled up the first GH with 3 sky walker OG's, 1 master kush, 1 blackberry kush in 35 gal smart pots. then added another 15 chem 91s in 7 gal black plastic pots. These 20 plants will be split between the two GH's for the spring run.

F

fatalxerror

I just filled up the first GH with 3 sky walker OG's, 1 master kush, 1 blackberry kush in 35 gal smart pots. then added another 15 chem 91s in 7 gal black plastic pots. These 20 plants will be split between the two GH's for the spring run.

I live in Southern Colorado about 6500 feet. What type of film do you use for your greenhouses have you looked at solarig 172? Also can you recommend any strains that are mite/mold resistant for this area? Thanks

highcountrygrow

I live in Southern Colorado about 6500 feet. What type of film do you use for your greenhouses have you looked at solarig 172? Also can you recommend any strains that are mite/mold resistant for this area? Thanks

I use polycarbonate triple-pane panels. But that solarig 172looks pretty sweet (more durable than normal polyethylene) Its more cost effective than polycarbonate panels I'm sure. But it depends on what your end all goal for your environment/space. Permanent/non-permanent structure? what are the extremes (temp, wind, hail, snow, etc.) that you'll have to deal with (year-around you'll need more structural integrity for wind/snow most likely.

As far as strains that are mold/mite resistant, In my experience my Chemdawg is very resilient to both PM and most other 6-legged pests. Blackberry Kush, Master Kush (Most heavy indica) will have varying degrees of pest resistance. Some strains might be very PM resistant but are still susceptible to mites/aphids/etc. Plant spacing and plant health will play factors of course, but if the environment is controlled you can limit pant stress and prevent things like nighttime humidity spikes that lead to PM proliferation. I had to throw out my Airborne OG b/c every year it would have a PM issue (crazy tight internodal spacing) so you'll just have to experiment with different cultivars that are available in your area to see which will work best for your specific situation.

F

fatalxerror

I use polycarbonate triple-pane panels. But that solarig 172looks pretty sweet (more durable than normal polyethylene) Its more cost effective than polycarbonate panels I'm sure. But it depends on what your end all goal for your environment/space. Permanent/non-permanent structure? what are the extremes (temp, wind, hail, snow, etc.) that you'll have to deal with (year-around you'll need more structural integrity for wind/snow most likely.

As far as strains that are mold/mite resistant, In my experience my Chemdawg is very resilient to both PM and most other 6-legged pests. Blackberry Kush, Master Kush (Most heavy indica) will have varying degrees of pest resistance. Some strains might be very PM resistant but are still susceptible to mites/aphids/etc. Plant spacing and plant health will play factors of course, but if the environment is controlled you can limit pant stress and prevent things like nighttime humidity spikes that lead to PM proliferation. I had to throw out my Airborne OG b/c every year it would have a PM issue (crazy tight internodal spacing) so you'll just have to experiment with different cultivars that are available in your area to see which will work best for your specific situation.

OK thanks for the advise. I am using a arch style permanent structure. I wanted to get 1lb per plant (20gallon pots w/3 months veg) but I am not sure if the solarig 172 will work that good for bud formation. Light Transmission 88% Diffusion 55% +/- 5% Direct 28% +/- 5%

highcountrygrow

OK thanks for the advise. I am using a arch style permanent structure. I wanted to get 1lb per plant (20gallon pots w/3 months veg) but I am not sure if the solarig 172 will work that good for bud formation. Light Transmission 88% Diffusion 55% +/- 5% Direct 28% +/- 5%

yea i like the clear polycarbonate panels! they will produce

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Hi highcountrygrow! Great looking garden. I read in your earlier posts you grow in 35g pots in a 5x5 area correct? If so what's your average veg time an yield per plant? I'm thinking of veging for three months and using 55g pots and topping multiple times. Again, great job on the plants and looking forward to more post of the garden.

highcountrygrow

Hi highcountrygrow! Great looking garden. I read in your earlier posts you grow in 35g pots in a 5x5 area correct? If so what's your average veg time an yield per plant? I'm thinking of veging for three months and using 55g pots and topping multiple times. Again, great job on the plants and looking forward to more post of the garden.

SO last summer I started took cuts around this time last year so about 4 months veg (april/may/june/july) and depending on the strain you should get a couple units per plant (5x5 space). 55 gal should work fine... I'm sure your plants will have no problem filling out that pot size. and you'll end up watering less than in the 35 gal's. Good luck!

highcountrygrow

hello fam,
i haven't updated in a while so id like to catch the thread up to speed. I put 3 skywalker OG's, 15 chem91's, a master kush, and a blackberry kush in one GH on the last week of Feb. I had to start the light dep in the end of April to prevent any reveg.
My other GH has been vegging for the last 6 wks out a variety of plants for our summer GH projects. Strains are.... Blackberry Kush, Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Scott's OG Rare Dankness, Chem 4 x SFV OG from Cali Connections, skywalker OG, Lemon Sweet Skunk, Sour Diesel, Chem91, Master Kush, Durban Poison, Sour Alien OG, GSC x Tom Hill Haze, and a few more I'm forgetting at the moment. Ill post some pictures from the past couple months and the current state of the GHs. Keep the overgrow strong!
Original Gardeners
High Country Grow

F

fatalxerror

hello fam,
i haven't updated in a while so id like to catch the thread up to speed. I put 3 skywalker OG's, 15 chem91's, a master kush, and a blackberry kush in one GH on the last week of Feb. I had to start the light dep in the end of April to prevent any reveg.
My other GH has been vegging for the last 6 wks out a variety of plants for our summer GH projects. Strains are.... Blackberry Kush, Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Scott's OG Rare Dankness, Chem 4 x SFV OG from Cali Connections, skywalker OG, Lemon Sweet Skunk, Sour Diesel, Chem91, Master Kush, Durban Poison, Sour Alien OG, GSC x Tom Hill Haze, and a few more I'm forgetting at the moment. Ill post some pictures from the past couple months and the current state of the GHs. Keep the overgrow strong!
Original Gardeners
High Country Grow

Hey high county. Do you put your whole crop out at once when you light dep, or do you stagger it like 20 plants at a time?

How long do you veg indoors before taking them to the light dep greenhouse? How long do you let them veg inside the light dep before forcing flowering? Or do you switch it right away? Thanks

highcountrygrow

Hey high county. Do you put your whole crop out at once when you light dep, or do you stagger it like 20 plants at a time?

How long do you veg indoors before taking them to the light dep greenhouse? How long do you let them veg inside the light dep before forcing flowering? Or do you switch it right away? Thanks

Depends on what your going for my friend... depending on what your trying to do, how many plants and their size when you put them outside. The strains of course. i change up my plan as needed depending on what i have ready.

F

fatalxerror

Depends on what your going for my friend... depending on what your trying to do, how many plants and their size when you put them outside. The strains of course. i change up my plan as needed depending on what i have ready.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering have you ever vegged in the light dep and bloomed at same time? How did you accomplish this?

highcountrygrow

Ok thanks. I was just wondering have you ever vegged in the light dep and bloomed at same time? How did you accomplish this?

I have indoor veg rooms but you could perpetually light dep (keep adding plants into your light dep) to limit the veg space but of course you will have to deep longer unless you light deep in july and then went into natural flowering times (strain dependent). If that makes sense?

Latest posts

Latest posts