What's new

Colorado Edibles

I'll tell you why it makes you poo, gives you bubblegut, etc.....

YOUR BODY'S NOT REALLY DESIGNED TO EAT IT!!!!!!!!!

Think about what it does to your scissors or your hands when you trim, the thc is in the resin, and the resin is meant to protect the plant, not your stomach. Sure, it's got great medicinal value when eaten, but it just doesn't digest all that easily. So, sort of a drawback. Maybe worth it for some, not for me..... I refuse to eat it, haven't for years. I don't even accept the free edibles I constantly get offered. It's just not for me, but, to each his/her own. If you like edibles, there's no shortage around here!

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Greenmopho

I'll tell you why it makes you poo, gives you bubblegut, etc.....

YOUR BODY'S NOT REALLY DESIGNED TO EAT IT!!!!!!!!!

Think about what it does to your scissors or your hands when you trim, the thc is in the resin, and the resin is meant to protect the plant, not your stomach. Sure, it's got great medicinal value when eaten, but it just doesn't digest all that easily. So, sort of a drawback. Maybe worth it for some, not for me..... I refuse to eat it, haven't for years. I don't even accept the free edibles I constantly get offered. It's just not for me, but, to each his/her own. If you like edibles, there's no shortage around here!

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

YUP!!!! I just eat homemade edibles because its rude to turn down someone's homemade goodness, but other than that, I avoid 'em!

I don't like edibles at most places (dispensaries), but I do try them. I've had both the farmacy drinks and dixie, I preffered dixie, but make much better drinks at home without the whole gut issues.

Mr.Weekend-I also use BHO only in my edibles, and my patients LOVE mine, well I like my edibles too. I found the "flavor" shop, so I'm all trying out all these new flavors.. I prefer to make hard candies... which I make in 3 strengths, it just depend on how much BHO I add to my hard candy mix.

I just made mango, blackberry and peach candies and also some walnut and chocholate chip cookies the turned out really well... but my husband has told me that I must stop making cannabutter as it smells up the neighborhood and BHO is easier for us to make. With our new extaction thing my husband made for me we are now getting about 5.5g of oil with 2 cans of butane and about 1.5 oz of matierial, so it's getting really dialed in... and he's still working on my recylceable extractor that he's building. It is taking a little longer than I thought it was going to take.

GMP and cannagirl- you guys missed a good show last night.

No probs. I took cuts of the strains you wanted from me this past weekend so they'll be ready soon. Jack Herer, my NYCD and the scarlet venom?

I also made some super nice BHO with the NYCD, and blueberry as well as mixed trim bho.. and my death star now has a nice cure on it and you guys haven't tried any of that yet. How did the cheese and flo turn out?

I have a very high tolerance and have yet to find a commercial edible that has done much for me. I have eaten whole bags of candy, whole loafs of banana bread (supposedly 5 super strong doses), etc and never felt what I was wanting. I make my own butter / brownies which I consider strong and similar to other posts I am sure that one would make most people have an anxiety or panic attack.

So I see the other side of it as well. If I was making them for commercial sale, I would think it would be better to avoid freaking people out by making a weaker dosed product. Unfortunately, since there isn't a standard dose it makes it hard for both extremes cases of tolerance to appropriately medicate using commercial edibles.

Which is why I know my patients really well, some of them can't be trusted with my super potent stuff. It sounds really weird of me to have to say something like that. If you're able to make your own edibles and they are good, I advise sticking to that. You didn't happen to get those at J&J or the green cure did you?

Full Spec Betty

While it's true that there historically hasn't been a way to determine the doses in edibles available to us in Colorado, research has demonstrated that there are specific dose recommendations based on a variety of factors including the symptoms that are being treated, the experience of the patient, and the age/weight of the patient.

As little as 10mg Δ9-THC is medically effective in some cases, whereas I've watched heavy users eat 90mg lollipops with little psychotropic effect. Really, what it comes down to is that individual patients need to figure out what works for them, and then find edibles that use better descriptions than "3x" to describe the amount of cannabinoids in the food.

There's a great table in this paper that demonstrates a starting dose vs. heavy consumption. Basically, .1-.2mg of THC per kg of body weight will be psychoactive and 1-2mg of THC per kg of body weight will send most patients to the hospital.

Hope that helps.

While it's true that there historically hasn't been a way to determine the doses in edibles available to us in Colorado, research has demonstrated that there are specific dose recommendations based on a variety of factors including the symptoms that are being treated, the experience of the patient, and the age/weight of the patient.

As little as 10mg Δ9-THC is medically effective in some cases, whereas I've watched heavy users eat 90mg lollipops with little psychotropic effect. Really, what it comes down to is that individual patients need to figure out what works for them, and then find edibles that use better descriptions than "3x" to describe the amount of cannabinoids in the food.

There's a great table in this paper that demonstrates a starting dose vs. heavy consumption. Basically, .1-.2mg of THC per kg of body weight will be psychoactive and 1-2mg of THC per kg of body weight will send most patients to the hospital.

Hope that helps.

Why the hospital? The symptoms of overdose are not that distressing in my experience. Sure the patient will blackout and be difficult if not impossible to wake up, but to think that should result in multiple other drugs being given intravenously to a person is just beyond bizarre. :tiphat:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Couple things I can think of that would make a big difference in my edibles buying experience.

#1 List the exact strains used in the edible. (I have only seen ONE edible that actually listed the strain and I've been to a LOT of dispensaries.)

#2 Water cure to remove any extra crud.... you don't use premium bud ALL the time, so why not make sure the extra ferts and dirts and chlorophyll are out before you begin processing it.

#3 Can you say Non-Dairy, no Corn Syrup, good stuff for your body edibles? :D I'd LOVE to just buy pre-made edibles.... but 90% of them are sugar/dairy based and I can't tolerate eating that stuff all day. Heh.

Keep up the good work. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts