What's new

Colorado Edibles

MrWeekend

Whats going on CO!

Curious as to what edibles youve tried, like/dislike, & what you would like to see.

We currently have a fairly successful edible, but would like to get little feedback from you guys on what you like. Its really hard to get any reliable feedback from patients from a disp, unless someone goes to the hospital, or comes back & complains that it didnt work.

Which brings me to another question. Dosing. Do you feel you got a better deal when you buy a super strong edible for $10, or an ok one for $5?.....I find it IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone with one strength. Some people go to the hospital for a half dose, and Some complain about not feeling a full dose. Any suggestions from the IC community?

Sorry for rambling, but Id love to hear what you guys have tried & so forth.

-Weekend

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
hit and miss but make 2 strengths and tell people to eat half at a time.

I haven't found any eatables at dispensaries worth a damn so far.
When we make them they are pretty good but i'm guessing most people would go to the hospital.. I use bud not trim and i find it works much better for those with tolerance.

I'm stressed about eating anything i didn't make sort of like now i don't want to smoke anything i didn't grow or i want to inspect the hell out of it.. but even then what chem's or pesticides were used on it?.. i don't trust half these people out to a make a quick dollar and no idea if they are using moldy trim or what ever.... im sure im just paranoid...

So if you sell in Denver you have to create the product in a certified kitchen?

MrWeekend

They make me poo.. I think they should be in a fridge.. I'm a chef... for sure in the fridge!! Other then that dose seem to vary from company to company. Is there a standard for dosing?

haha Ive heard that a few times.....always should be kept in a fridge, I have even found hard candies to last 2x's longer in the fridge.......no standard for dosing....just what ever dose works for the chef.

hit and miss but make 2 strengths and tell people to eat half at a time.

I haven't found any eatables at dispensaries worth a damn so far.
When we make them they are pretty good but i'm guessing most people would go to the hospital.. I use bud not trim and i find it works much better for those with tolerance.

I'm stressed about eating anything i didn't make sort of like now i don't want to smoke anything i didn't grow or i want to inspect the hell out of it.. but even then what chem's or pesticides were used on it?.. i don't trust half these people out to a make a quick dollar and no idea if they are using moldy trim or what ever.... im sure im just paranoid...

So if you sell in Denver you have to create the product in a certified kitchen?

Its easy to say "tell everyone eat a half at a time" but were dealing with stoner bud tenders, disp owners & even more forgetful patients...not to mention some people are so hard headed they think they can eat 3 at a time, no matter what you say..........but that doesnt stop someone from eating it, going to the hospital & trying to sue you & the disp.....just a very hard product to please everyone when dosage varies so dramatically.......as of right now our edible is a Double Dose, but weve heard of a few to many hospital trips lately which is making us reconsider the dosage.

In denver, must be made in a commercial kitchen which adds even more cost to the product. & yes it must be labeled like dave said, but thats a given for any reputable food company.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
but that doesnt stop someone from eating it, going to the hospital & trying to sue you & the disp..

is that what they are talking about on fox31 Monday night?

They keep advertising this Mondays show with free MMJ sample and look whos getting them.. and then there is this lady talking about her experience and not only did she get high she got really really high lol..

But then they jump to "Look what we found in the dumpster" and we assume its expired eatables..

MrWeekend

I saw that & im not sure what that has to do with..........I was thinking that story might have to do with animals getting in there & finding some goodies. and stumbling around the streets of denver..... that might be a vet they were interviewing.

....looks/sounds like more than just I will be watching 31 on Monday....lol

Actually, this thread reminded me of a conversation I had with Jim, the owner of Patient's Choice....and Chef. He mentioned somehow using hash to get the dosages more uniform...don't ask me how tho....

MrWeekend

Dave- no problem with keeping doses uniform, we use oil :) ........just different tolerances.

picture.php

MrWeekend

There probably should be, but at the point CO is at now, NO........that would be all we need is one more hoop to jump through & one more piece of paper to put your name on in a federally illegal profession.

MrWeekend

I think most problems with edibles in denver, is people not knowing what temps/times to cook to activate 100% of the thc.

to sell edibles in denver...you have to have a vendors license & prove your product was made in a commercial kitchen....just like if you were selling ho-hos to 7-11. Sounds alot harder than it is.

I dont think they can put a price, or dosing standards on them.....would be like saying all weed you sell has to be over 10% thc, & not more than $10 a gram....not going to happen.

Greenmopho

I have a super high tolerance, and to be honest with you, I have never *bought* an edible in Colorado that significantly got me high. They do give me a case of the bubble guts sometimes. However, I really hate when I get an edible that really tastes like there is a lot of plant matter left (earthy) and really hashy tasting also, but then, it doesn't get me high...WTF?

To my understanding, the kitchen has to pass health standards like any other kitchen that sells for "public" consumption. Since the FDA is a "federal" office, nothing can be done as far as labeling dosages...

This too, will become an interesting issue as legalization progresses...

j-fly

I like Nancy b's. But i would rather smoke a bowl any day. And putting hash in an edible is a waste of good hash.

BigSwifty

but weve heard of a few to many hospital trips lately which is making us reconsider the dosage

Damn, so you have multiple people going to the hospital because your edibles are too strong?!? I wish I could give 'em a try!

I've never really gotten much off any dispensary edibles, but I've had good edibles from my grower friends. My buddy in Oregon would make Chocolate cookies and half would have me knocked out... whereas I'll eat the 3x edibles here and feel very little to nothing...

Also, who in the hell goes to the hospital because they had a bit too much herb?? We must be talking amateurs here? All you gotta do is sleep it off... I ate a 1/8 - 1/4 once in college in the 90s when the RA knocked on my door and we were pulling tubes. I was SUPER fucked up that night! Herb definitely works eating alone without any THC extraction, but I'm sure it takes a lot more of it...

But as far as your question, I would suggest the same as someone mentioned above. Maybe just make 2 strengths and tell people to eat half...... OR make them half as strong as currently and sell them for half price!! That way people would feel like they are getting a more highly concentrated dose and will maybe eat less. Basically, just give them half instead of telling them to just eat half..:tiphat: