Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is exactly what's going on.

I heard a story (who knows the validity) that several shops were shut down recently in the Denver area by the FBI for tax related violations. Supposedly these shops were run by organized crime types. Be safe people, if it doesn't feel right you have the right to walk away.

High

I went to S.E.C.A.M. in Franktown a couple days ago.......very nice guy, just opened this week.....purple candy sent me for a loop last night, strong........not a huge selection of bud, 4-5 kinds but if you are out that way check them out, nothing over $60 8th, $20 a g.....call to get directions as its kinda hard to find

Do you have any contact info on them? New one I would like to check out.

TIA

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
What's up Rez! Welcome to the Colorado forum! Im pumping Rez gear out around here like crazy! If only I could get on that VIP list.... Haha

There was a giant bust last year in fort Collins, the one where the guys were growing in the shop on a big piece of land with a shitload of hydro trays... Apparently they were busted in part by the DEA watching at Way to Grow. Seems to me the Feds would have a hard time distinguishing medical from non and would waste too much time and money to make it worth it.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's up Rez! Welcome to the Colorado forum! Im pumping Rez gear out around here like crazy! If only I could get on that VIP list.... Haha

There was a giant bust last year in fort Collins, the one where the guys were growing in the shop on a big piece of land with a shitload of hydro trays... Apparently they were busted in part by the DEA watching at Way to Grow. Seems to me the Feds would have a hard time distinguishing medical from non and would waste too much time and money to make it worth it.

Wasting time and money is a primary function of the DEA! I guess if you need to visit the grow shop, you should take the bus, and don the baseball hat/aviators.

K

Kola Radical

Boulder DA wants to fuck with the dispensaries... just because he can. Nice coverage of Green Mnt in Nederland:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_13272894#idc-container

This is already bringing a lot of heat, so I don't think much will come of it. He is just trying to save face because he lost that medical marijuana case out of louisville.

I wonder if any dispensaries are open tomorrow, monday the holiday?

Purple Crack??? I love it when these dealers call stuff purple this and that and its green as can be. Purple is a color! haha

yep, remember the lady that said.....

"Jill, what do you think this is?" asks one employee, holding a fragrant, fist-sized nugget of marijuana. The grower had named it as one strain, but the employees suspected otherwise.
"I think [the grower] got a Haze clone that was mislabeled," one of the men says. Leigh inspects it for a moment and then agrees.
"I think it's probably Haze," she says. "Let's bottle it as that and sell the product for $400."

H

hazedandinfused

Boulder DA wants to fuck with the dispensaries... just because he can. Nice coverage of Green Mnt in Nederland:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_13272894#idc-container

This is already bringing a lot of heat, so I don't think much will come of it. He is just trying to save face because he lost that medical marijuana case out of louisville.

I wonder if any dispensaries are open tomorrow, monday the holiday?

stan garnett is a fucking joke he wants to forward his own career by preying on sick people

Ms_Weekend

Do you have any contact info on them? New one I would like to check out.

TIA

legalmarijuanadispensary DOT com is where I found them

but Ill post the info on here....very nice guy (deff not cartel type owner)

Dispensary Name South East Colorado Alternative Medicine (SECAM)
Dispensary Address 7517 East State Hwy 86 On Burning Tree Dr.
City Franktown
State Colorado
Zip Code 80116
Phone Number 720-346-2772

call to get directions, as my gps wanted me to go 20 miles farther down the road with that address

stop ragga!
that was my idea!
damn you!LOL
I have spoken with a few owners and they seem to be into it. I for one would like to see what some of these caregivers are putting out in seed.

Hi there we are working in it! Seeds should be available Statewide from Sweet Hemp Seeds around April of next year.

We are a Colorado based seed company consisting of licensed caregivers and our patients. We have been working with several Colorado heirloom varieties (several od strains from Paonia, and a great sat bred up in Ward), as well North American, Spanish and Dutch genetics. Some of our growers are breeding indoor stock, while others are working on improving the outdoor strains we'll offer.

And yes, even though its not generally done by most seedmakers, we test grow all our creations before we release them, unlike 90% of the providers in the industry.

Our goal is to provide reliable, affordable genetics for the licensed medical patients and caregivers in Colorado.

best regards,

SHS

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SHS, keep us updated as to which shops you will have your products. Paonia Paralyzer... that takes me back.

P

Paco

SHS, are you going to be doing the paonia purple? i love that one more than chem.
I think i saw your poly tunnel from the crestone needle last week

High

Visited SECAM in Franktown yesterday. Nice little place. Good prices on their meds. $12/g of bubble hash was the best deal, imo. $20/g for top shelf, $14/g for mids. Those prices include tax, so not too bad. The Critical Haze is nice, but could be manicured better.

Pretty small place with limited selection, but they just opened. The owner spoke of adding more variety and lowering prices soon.

Should have asked if an appointment is still necessary after my initial visit. I prefer walk in style places.

If you live in Elbert or Southeast Douglas counties, saves a much longer drive into Denver or the Springs for other dispenaries.

Cheers.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone been to Medicinal Gardens of Colorado in Ft Co? http://www.sowshallyereap.com/
Gonna check this place out Friday, and I will post a report. Got the following info off the Interweb...

"Fort Collins' friendliest, most professional dispensary is here to serve Colorado-legal Medical Marijuana Patients. All locally-grown, pesticide-free medicine, our experienced staff has been involved in the movement for years and know how to help you :) Housed in a historic stone building, "420 Howes" is your destination for top-grade medicine, friendly, personal service, and real-live growers and Community members.
Ask around, our reputation is unmatched. Founded by two long-time Fort Collins residents and Community activists (one of them is the co-founder of the Colorado Harvest Cup), we strive to set a new standard in cleanliness, warmness, professionalism, knowledgability and care. Though our strain menu is constantly changing as new crops are ready, count on strains like AK-47, Durban Poison, LGS, Colorado Cough, Kali Mist, DJ Short Blueberry, SAGE, G-13, and many others to be available on a regular basis. $13 grams always available, as well as daily specials, and we carry a variety of edibles and other oils and preparations. Our secure and welcoming environment, as well as community bulletin board and Community connections will keep you coming back to see us :)
MANY strains available in clone form. If we don't have it, chances are good we can get it, with a large Legal grower-base available to us. We've got t-shirts and hats too (new designs every week!) so you can represent your cause and your love in style.
ample of clone strains we have on hand (depending on demand - when we're out we can get them to you on order - clones are in high demand and availability can vary - call ahead to be sure if you plan to make a long drive:

Blueberry (DJ Short)

Blueberry x Northern Lights (nice yield and faster finish than DJ BB)

Colorado Cough (C-1)

Double Bubble Kush (Bubblegum Pheno)

Durban Poison

Elmo's Haze

Ganesh's Dream

Grape 'god'

Island Sweet Skunk

Jamaican Lambs Bread (and Breath, they're different...)

Kali Mist

L.A. Confidential

NYCD

Strawberry Cough

Sweet Tooth

White Widow

Dutch Purple

Da Hog

SNIPER420

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself here. I've been following this forum for a few days now while waiting for my account to allow me to post. I'm in the Lone Tree/Highlands Ranch area. I'm going to be applying for a card this week, so I'll let you know how it goes. It's nice to see there's a good scene here for the most part. Even if some of the dispensaries aren't in it for the right reasons, it seems like this thread has a good group of people that can support each other.

EDIT: I was hoping to get in at Green Mtn, but I had no idea there was a waiting list until the 19th! I'll be out of town the next two saturdays too. Mike, any chance of a cancellation tomorrow?

VAtransplant

^Sniper, I had called a few weeks ago and was told they were booked solid but the guy advised I call back on Monday to check for cancellations. Called that monday around 11am like he said and bam, did it the following saturday (3 days ago). Woot

SNIPER420

^Sniper, I had called a few weeks ago and was told they were booked solid but the guy advised I call back on Monday to check for cancellations. Called that monday around 11am like he said and bam, did it the following saturday (3 days ago). Woot

Thanks VA!, I was hoping that might work tomorrow, but nothing was open as of about noon today. Wish me luck! I have a couple weekends out of town coming up so I'm hoping that I can get in on a Wednesday.

In other news, I called CannaMart (who are currently closed and moving) and they referred me to a physician's assistant who told me that they're running a "Special" now for new patients...you ready?...$300 doctor fee plus $90 for the application. oh, but when you get your card they reimburse you with medicine. What a deal. I think I'll hold out for Green Mtn.

K

Kola Radical

After the farce I went through today just to get a quarter ounce of meds, I'm looking for a new caregiver. I guess I'm going to have to drive to the Fort or Ned to find a decent dispensary. I am tired of getting ripped off.

Today I bought 3 hash capsules and even without scales you can tell they all weigh something different. One was nearly empty. Since you have to buy a pack of 3 for 15 bucks, you can't weigh each one and you shouldn't have to. You should be able to trust a fucking medical service. This is the same place where I paid $35 for the clones that turned out to be shwag.

I really need to find a caregiver that I can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts