What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mango biche

mango biche

I love the purple look of the punto rojo,
did you ever come across mangobiche?
It also seems to go purple, see pics in this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=250815
Hi Rinse, I love that purple as well and I've seen so many differnt types of bud here. However the "mangobiche" I know here is the green mangos they sell on the street in cups ready to be eaten with salt. I never heard of a strain with that name but I will ask my guy about it. I read the thread about it and I'm sure its from here, I just haven't knowing see it yet. Colombia is a big country that has some of the best climates on earth for growing fine herb. Many treasures yet to be found!

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Santa Marta Gold Sinsemilla

Santa Marta Gold Sinsemilla

These buds were grown by me in Colombia back in 06.

attachment.php

The seed was obtained from seeded bud from Santa Marta Colombia

attachment.php

This is a high altitude tropical Sativa like no other.

attachment.php

After a long 6 month cure the buds true potancy came out as well as the taste. Top shelf Colombian SMG Sinsemilla.

Peace from Colombia

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Corinto

Corinto

Have you come across purple corrinto red rider?

Hola feralct, I have had a lot of Corinto here, it is a very common strain around where I live. However I don't recall ever seeing a purple in the mix. I did get some very nice green bud from the Caribbean coast back in 06 that really got purple when I grew out some of its seed. Most of the Corinto I get here is greenish brown and pressed, it is more expensive than the regs and more potent. Here is some purple Colombian from the coast (that I grew out) and some that was grown (not by me) near Bogota.

attachment.php

Colombian Coastal Green Sinsemilla

attachment.php

Local domestic Sativa Sinsemilla

Peace from Colombia

Last edited:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
oh man I remember your balcony grows, pure beauty.

one thing I do NOT miss at all about Ven and Col, are the cumbia and vallenato, truly dislike it with a passion, good riddance, don't get me started on the regeton bullshit either...

but every place in the world I've been to have their own shitty music akin to vallenato et al. crazy...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cumbia!

Cumbia!

oh man I remember your balcony grows, pure beauty.

one thing I do NOT miss at all about Ven and Col, are the cumbia and vallenato, truly dislike it with a passion, good riddance, don't get me started on the regeton bullshit either...

but every place in the world I've been to have their own shitty music akin to vallenato et al. crazy...

It's so funny I read your post right when someone in my neighborhood started playing some cumbia very loud. But yes I get bored with the local music here and the reggaton (sp) the young people listen too is a funky mix of rap and cumbia or something and you can’t go outside without hearing it somewhere. I have been posting a lot of my old pictures and trying to get back where I left off back in 2007 when we moved back to the USA. I’ve been back down here for over a year and haven’t been able to start a grow. But it’s a new year and I hope to get something growing soon. I miss that balcony so much lol.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
;) Hey broz' when i said "cumbia" i said "old 60's one" lol, it means the real old traditional stuff not the actually crazy music soup of course... Real old cumbia is a true gem of Carribean musics for me musician,

Peace

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
red, perfect timing lol u see? that was my life 24/7, regardless of whete you went or in your own home, you are always subjected to loud vallenato, cumbia or regeton; there's no respect at all for neighbors, it is actually pretty sad and one of the shittiest aspects of S.A.

Roms, I know what you mean, old cumbia can be good, no debate on that one. haven't heard good vallenato or regeton though, and believe me, had tons of people trying to convert me into it; never could though...

there's also this whole self-destructive culture associated with vallenato, going out at night to drink tons and snort coca until the morning while listening to the most depressive lyrics and bad vibing music that is what vallenato is all about, ridiculous.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Entiendo amigo Bomba' :smoke: Red' please have you ever see or try a Punto Rojo x MangoBiche? Here a run indoor next months with F2ing purple hopez.. Kenavo ave chal

window

Veteran
santa marta

santa marta

hello red rider,i am new to posting here on ic but have a q about santa marta gold,is the high from smg very heavy?the reason i ask is because the only lumbo i have grown and smoked was santa marta ibl from reeferman.when smoked at first the high is up and clear but then later on becomes a bit heavy and sleepy.i know from reading reports from the 70s that this was the effect but more about the brown colombians.i must say that it looked just like your smg when grown,very thin leaves also it finished in about 12 weeks,isnt that a bit early?maybe he bred it towards an early finish.im just trying to find out if i have the genuine smg,that would be cool as i am a landrace lover.it didnt turn gold ,more of a silvery blue.still very good pot whatever it is.love your purple cola's by the way.:thank you:

Some things seem to not change much, your photos took me back to my College days of the 70's...
Thanks for the nice trip back, and for sharing.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Punto Rojo

Punto Rojo

Entiendo amigo Bomba' :smoke: Red' please have you ever see or try a Punto Rojo x MangoBiche? Here a run indoor next months with F2ing purple hopez.. Kenavo ave chal
Hola Roms, I love Cumbia but when you hear it all the time it gets old, but its part of the culture here so I respect it. I will of course keep my eyes open for anything really good here. I haven't seen any mango biche although I did ask my friend about it and he said that it was a great strain but rare for him to find. I wish you the best with your indoor run, when I get more information I will let you know.

Peace

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Santa Marta

Santa Marta

hello red rider,i am new to posting here on ic but have a q about santa marta gold,is the high from smg very heavy?the reason i ask is because the only lumbo i have grown and smoked was santa marta ibl from reeferman.when smoked at first the high is up and clear but then later on becomes a bit heavy and sleepy.i know from reading reports from the 70s that this was the effect but more about the brown colombians.i must say that it looked just like your smg when grown,very thin leaves also it finished in about 12 weeks,isnt that a bit early?maybe he bred it towards an early finish.im just trying to find out if i have the genuine smg,that would be cool as i am a landrace lover.it didnt turn gold ,more of a silvery blue.still very good pot whatever it is.love your purple cola's by the way.:thank you:
Hola window, from your discription I have little doubt that you have real sativa from Santa Marta Colombia. Remember for years Colombia exported tons & tons of seeded bud so it should be pretty common. The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta is a huge, isolated mountain range with many micro climates producing an assortment of fine strains of tropical sativa. Some say indica was introduced in the 60s-70s and I think this is true but the indica did not spread thought the entire mountain range. I have had many very differnt strains that came from Santa Marta. Not just golds but greens, red, brown and even purples, all very good. But yes the really blond sweet smelling gold from this region does have a much clearer effect that is to me better than any of the darker Colombians. If you have any pics please post them but I think you have the real deal my friend.

attachment.php

The last Santa Marta Gold I grew 2006

attachment.php

This is a clone and it finished very slow (months of flowering) and kept making new flowers up till the cut.

Thank you all for your interest.

Peace from Colombia

Last edited:

Jon 54

As I read your post I too have in front of me some real Colombian bud. It smells like a combination of earth and vanilla spice. This weed is almost impossible to get here in CA but I have a connection in Lima who brings me some every year on his holiday trip home. By far the best present of the year for me and I have access to the best CA has to offer. Jon 54 m :blowbubbles::thank you:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Export

Export

As I read your post I too have in front of me some real Colombian bud. It smells like a combination of earth and vanilla spice. This weed is almost impossible to get here in CA but I have a connection in Lima who brings me some every year on his holiday trip home. By far the best present of the year for me and I have access to the best CA has to offer. Jon 54 m :blowbubbles::thank you:

Wow sweet...I'm so happy to have you in the thread. Please tell us more about the bud and some pics if you got them. I know that Colombia still produces a fair amount of bud (I guess nothing like the 60s & 70s) but I haven't seen it in the states since the 80s. I love the pure old school sativa and try to keep it around along with my own Colombian grown bud. How do you like the effect? Do you know if yours is from the coast or inland. I'm very glad you got a nice (and very rare) gift for the New Year. Enjoy it and tell us some more.

attachment.php

Our first stop is in Bogota, to check the Colombian fields.

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
oh Bogota, my love!

when I was a 'lil kid, maybe 7 years old or so, my mom and I went to visit family in Bogota, for some reason, I hid inside this big closet full of sweaters and blankets, and fell asleep lol my mom and fam were looking for me for about 2 hours, they thought I had been kidnapped :yoinks: it was during the kidnapping craze era lol...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bogota

Bogota

oh Bogota, my love!

when I was a 'lil kid, maybe 7 years old or so, my mom and I went to visit family in Bogota, for some reason, I hid inside this big closet full of sweaters and blankets, and fell asleep lol my mom and fam were looking for me for about 2 hours, they thought I had been kidnapped :yoinks: it was during the kidnapping craze era lol...
Very good story and I can relate to it for sure as my son did something like that a few months ago. He hid in a closet at my mother in laws house and fell asleep, we looked hours for him and everyone was freaking out. We found him (thank God) but the kidnapping scare is still very remembered here in my family anyway. I have no problem with Bogota, I know the city very well and what parts to stay out of. I've never had a problem there (or anywhere else in SA) and I've done some stupid things in the past. My wife says I'm just lucky and I agree.

Peace from Colombia!

Latest posts

Latest posts