What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Chunky pigs, I don't know any smokers here at the moment but the ones I did know get the "creepy" and stay away from the "regs". The guy I get my bud from doesn't smoke but he seems to know the good stuff.I think most if not all smokers here burn the best they can buy (I don't any that grow). Everyone here likes the new hybrids and I think the reason there's no bud coming to the states from here is due to cocaine having much more profit. I would think that some Colombian weed still gets exported to the states but I stopped seeing it around 85. It does bring back the memories though and I love having it. I will grow some out with some other "pure" strains I have in the next year. Thanks so much for your interest.

Peace from Colombia!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fine Colombian

The fine Colombian

Pure sativa bursting with mature seed = Irresistable!
You must know her, this is not top self Colombian but it does indeed represent a pure landrace sativa. This is not a racy, clear, motavational high but more like a up down sensation with an overall sense of well being. It's a rich and rewarding experince that reminds me of my youth. The super potent White widow has nothing on it although I really like the sweet skunk and must say the taste of the skunk is 100% better.

Peace from Colombia!

bigherb

Veteran
Im grateful for this thread the pictures are beautiful and the descriptions an stories are PRICELESS .It's great too see these buds an get the scoop first hand

Please let your friend know that many folk in the community are thankful for the preservation of those classic strains an not all that glisters is Gold .Im apprecaitive an i wasnt around for the golden years but Ive learned since joining the net how precious an what made these strains soo speacial .

Thanks to some great folk in the community such as Charlie ,Dubi we have access to a aquire some of these Gems

1luvbigherb

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
the last bits of nice lumbo in the early 80's where I lived got really expensive pretty fast.
I can remember people getting price sensitive when the ounces got around $60. there was
other weed that looked about the same but had a shitty buzz. then it all went to hell quickly.

It makes me happy that somewhere down there might be farmers with that old school herb from my youth. it would be so awesome if we could have legally imported buds from the south again. I was working in that part of the world a few years back but the quality of the weed I could find on the street was pretty poor compared to a medical state but now and then I would find something that would deposit me back to the 70's for a couple hours.

I'd love to see how they process, cure, package, commercially down there if you ever get to a farm, I think great commercial had a better taste than indoor med style weed.
something like fermentation going on in the process. maybe it was the time it took to smuggle it. you are lucky to be hooked up down there. enjoy a fat doob for me!

Rinse

Veteran
You must know her, this is not top self Colombian but it does indeed represent a pure landrace sativa. This is not a racy, clear, motavational high but more like a up down sensation with an overall sense of well being. It's a rich and rewarding experince that reminds me of my youth. The super potent White widow has nothing on it although I really like the sweet skunk and must say the taste of the skunk is 100% better.

Peace from Colombia!

I dont know much about S.American strains, but I know the high you speak of for sure, had it in African weed.
About the taste, when I first started growing I liked to grow a few pure sativas and a few pure indica's, not many hybrids, I usually found the indica's tasted better, landrace sativa's tend to burn a bit hot in the joint - unless well fermented, then they become very smooth and earthy.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Old Lumbo!

Cool bro,you gonna try an unlock some genes with those seed?
That was my pass time thing,to grow out brickweed lookin for jems!
Most folks dont have room or time to grow out enuff to find jems.....
its a cool adventure anyways!
i have found VERY good plants that way,but out of thousands some times..but they are there!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy 2013!

Happy 2013!

Happy 2013!
Thank you so much to all, I agree 100% that fermentation has everything to do with the color, smell, taste and to some extent the effect of this sativa. This practice of fermentation curing is employed all over the world and of course is in no way unique to Colombia however to me Colombian cured in this fashion is unique. I do enjoy the somewhat harsh smoke from this type but I prefer the modern jar cured bud any day. I’m spoiled and like variety so this traditional sativa is great, in this “clump” there are many different colored and tasting buds. But let’s face it; what really matters is the effect that and that’s the only thing that I really care about. This stuff looks rough but normal for what it is and the smoke is harsh and strong but the high is just what I like and reminds me of what I was burning 30 years ago. The QWISO I made with the shake taste nothing like the bud, it has a beautiful cherry candy flavor and the high is the same but more intense. Of course I plan on growing this strain and finding out what she’s really like. Don’t worry; Colombia is a big country with some very remote regions that have been growing the same pure strain for decades. Sure there has been wide scale influx of imported genetics but they haven’t spread everywhere and the pure landrace Colombian sativa is still here.

attachment.php

Colombian Sativa

attachment.php

Lumbo Classic

attachment.php

Clean Cbo 2012

Happy holidays from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Past Grows

Past Grows

I grew these plants out @ 2700mts in Colombia in 2006.

attachment.php

LST Punto Rojo

attachment.php

Coastal Green (left) Santa Marta Gold (Right)

attachment.php

Coastal Green

attachment.php

Santa Marta Gold

Peace From Colombia!

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the pics and stories. Those buds look exactly like what I smoked late 70's.

Couple questions, how do they ferment the buds? How is the high of the Punto Rojo?

I can get seeds of Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen. The 'up and down' high sounds better to me than the energetic clean high you described. More laid back. Am guessing the best smoke is more energetic and clean?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian Punto Rojo!

Colombian Punto Rojo!

Hi yesum, I’ve honestly never seen or talked to a Colombian grower (that I know of anyway) to find out how they ferment the finished harvest however I assume it is to do with “sweat” drying. That’s where they cut the plants and just stack them in a pile in the sun to dry and this pile ferments the bud. Like I say I’m just guessing here but the bud is exactly the way it was in the 70s, the look, smell, taste and even the fantastic effect. As far as Colombian Punto Rojo I think it is the best all time cannabis in the world and I highly recommend it hands down. To me the best Punto Rojo delivers and perfect high, one that not only gives you great ideas but also the ability to enact them should you want. I wouldn’t say it’s clear, motivational, like some Mexicans or even the Gold’s but it’s a deep rewarding experience. I hope this helps you out and please do grow out and try the fine Colombians and even the hybrids as I find the Rojo shines though on most crosses.

attachment.php

High Altitude Colombian Punto Rojo 2005

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Colombian high

The Colombian high

Ok I just smoked a small bowl (wood pipe) of a little bud piece, maybe six good hits. This is one of the lighter colored buds from the same lb in the pictures. The little bud had 3 nice seeds in it and the rest crushed down to the perfect size for my bowl. The first hit is always the best and the smell and taste are distinct and profound. The smoke is thick and harsh (water pipe really helps this) burning my throat and lungs which of course brings on the coughing. It’s not bad and within seconds I’m hitting it again but the fresh taste is gone however the favor is still there, the smoke is a little harsher but tolerable till the end of the bowl. After smoking the 2nd hit I begin the feel it and its nice, warm waves of euphoria and well being washing over the body. Two or three more hits and I know I’m good and leave my smoking area and go to the computer. Now it’s coming on well and after 20 minutes or so I feel the peak, depending on when I smoke it then I’m doing something or start to do something I enjoy. The high is not what I would call “energetic” because it motivates me to do things on the couch or in bed. The computer, video games, TV, music and such is what the high makes me want to do; nothing physical or social, sex is what first comes to mind. The high is clear in the sense I don’t feel confused or disorientated and there’s no trouble focusing on objectives. I think after an hour and half or two I’m ready to smoke more without feeling tired or sleepy like some Colombians do, I think this is one of the differences in the high altitude and low altitude varieties comes into effect. I know this sample was grown at a relatively high altitude and this is displayed in the effect, I prefer the high altitude grow bud. Then of course I get the munchies from hell and try not to eat too much as not to feel bloated all day. This is good Colombian to me because of the clean ending euphoric effect but this is not top shelf primo Colombian.
What I consider to be top shelf Colombian (be Gold or Punto Rojo or some other Colombian strain) is not “pressed” or sweat cured but its light fluffy colorful aromatic sinsemilla buds. The what I would call top shelf Colombians are rare and most I’ve had I grew myself down here but the effect is spectacular, leaving you just wanting more. I love them all but here is some sinsemilla I grew (in Colombia) from Santa Marta Gold seed.

attachment.php

SMG SINSEMILLA!

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
oh man, if I had money, I'd buy me a small piece of land up in the highlands around Bogota and just retire...

I'd buy in the venezuelan andes, but shit is fucked beyond repair out there.

keep buying all kinds of herbs out there red, and keep us posted

peace from Israel!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gettin better

Gettin better

oh man, if I had money, I'd buy me a small piece of land up in the highlands around Bogota and just retire...

I'd buy in the venezuelan andes, but shit is fucked beyond repair out there.

keep buying all kinds of herbs out there red, and keep us posted

peace from Israel!
Thank you all very much. There is so great places to buy land and farms here for great growing no doubt but it isn't cheap. Man what is the herb (or hash) like in Israel my friend? I hope to not have to buy too much more weed soon as I hope to get moved and start growing again ASAP. I have no place outside or in to grow where I am now but I had to get something growing. Here's a Colombian Skunk seedling that sprouted in one of my wifes flower pots. I just pushed one seed into the soil last week and it popped right up but there's no direct sunlight getting to it so I doubt that it will do much but at least I feel good having something growing.

attachment.php

Baby Skunk

attachment.php

Morning lumbo

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
saludos red! that morning pipe looks great! and your seedling also :)

out here the hash is usually good, sometimes great and seldom shit, but it's difficult to get (at least for me) and a bit expensive. herb is virtually non existent unless u have a connect that knows a grower that has some extra to sell, won't be cheap for sure.

a couple years ago I bought a couple times so called 50g bags of green, mostly seeds and stems and very dry, but at least clean, non pressed and good carrot earthy smell. grew a plant from the seeds, very nice, not the best, but nice nonetheless.

have u been able to find fresh corinto brick? we used to get it for about a year about ten years ago in vene, triple cost than what regular brick costed, but oh so worth it!

peace!

J

Javadog

Wow, I just had a flashback from my youth.

QFT!

I learned, long ago, that Columbian seeds, treated well, made
far better smoke than that from which they came. i.e. the addition
of just proper handling (drying, curing, etc) made for some pretty
decent smoke.

....knew nothing about growing and yields were abysmal, but it was
surprisingly decent stuff.

Thanks for sharing,

JD

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Paz, I really miss good hashish, I lived in Germany for a few years back in the early 80s and smoked some very fine hash. I never saw any bud there at all but at least you can get hash there. The weed scene for me here has changed since I left in 07, when I returned in 2011 I had to find someone new to get bud from. My other contacts got lost over the time I was gone. Now it seems there is nothing but really nice non local gentics expensive bud on the market. Then I ran into my old contact and he picked up this pressed bud for me, a real treat since it had been awhile since I had any. This looks just like the rest but the high is really nice and clean, no burn out or headache like some of this stuff gives me. Its some nice stuff to hold me over till I can grow my own. I'm sure that corinto is still around (this that I have now might be corinto, he didn't have a name for it) but I haven't gotten any that I'm aware of. PM me if you ever come out this way.

Peace