What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Collective

Do you believe its important to preserve cannabis bio diversity by reproducing landraces, heirloom ?

• Yes

Votes: 127 98.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

F2F

If it runs for 120 days flower it might be in my ball park :thinking:
Haha, indeed! It’s long flowering for sure. and clear and up. My cross has NMK and A5 in it and it is still so clean it’s awesome. (bred to VB 2X).

I have a pack of repros from snow, supposed to have another two packs coming but, another story.

Peace
F2F

Sourdough Hal

I got my claws into some "original" americano seeds... Harti did a cross. It´s quite interesting, so maybe this could be a direction to go?

Cookie Wreck x New Mexico Land Grant

RIP dedication project to my best friend and right arm, Cory, AKA HARD CORE, we rode first chair together for 10 years, met showing up an hour before anyone else to ski each day. Living the life we choose with Excellence. This excerpt from his Obituary:

They actually only found about 10% of his skeletal remains. The mountain and cliffs place name he was hiking is HELLS GATE. I still hike and look for any sign, it’s still there hidden and scattered by time, Avalanches and critters. Cory introduced me to my daughters mother. The least I could do was to immortalize him in a dedicated project. And not just a named strain, but this was bred to grow wild where he went missing, that i might engage ritual cannibalism; that is to say commune when smoking the flowers grown where he reincarnates as such… Anyhow, it’s too harsh right in that zone so nothing grew there (south face cliff at 8to9k)… but it will grow as a feral guerrilla if there is a bit of rain or snow melt and fertile well drained soil.

The process was testing 6 or 7 seed started and stress tested clones i had at high elevation, a spring at 9000 feet was direct planted on its perimeter. These plants mostly thrived, but were perfect moose snacks. All of the test cuts produced well in the summer and began to flower but only the Cookie Wreck survived the snow / thaw / deep freeze early autumn high elevation harshness to produce a smokeable flower after all the pressure. This was repeated a second summer at a few sheltered forest clearing locations above 8500. Cory was hiking up to 10k and his boots were found at 8k… the locality of the feral guerrilla sacred garden plot is about 5500 where it thrives from snow melt summer T Storms and sunshine, nothing else.

The only choice for this particular project’s Stud source was the 1700 old Spanish Land Grant AKA New Mexico Land Grant. Aka the Garcia Fernando. This genetic is I assert to be THE ONLY NORTH AMERICAN LANDRACE that is not feral ditch weed. Originating form an area settled by Spanish explorers and Fransiscan friars by the end of 1500s, a real of Ranchos and Chapels well established by early 1600s, Fur trappers over wintered in the area long before the King of Spain signed the Land Grants in 1700. The Friars robes were spun hemp, ropes, protein seed for the Ranchos and of course it came over on the Barkos / ships whose sailors all well understood the medicine values of “burning the Rope” as smoking a joint was known at sea in times before. This burning of rope is in fact my first introduction to medical cannabis, another story another time.

Over time the very adaptable Cannabis plant went feral in the southern Rockies panhandle where the Spanish Ranchos farmed it for needs. The plants spread over the range of ridges, Arroyos and hills. Eventually over the more than 300 or even 400 years of feral adaptation it became a new endemic, just as it does every where it is allowed to flourish and adapt to its epigenetic influences, separated from the rest of the genetic population it becomes and Island Endemic, a Landrace with qualities all its own adapted to the land and climate it lives in.

When Nixon declared a national eradication program in the early 1970s as part of his initial War on Drugs, the then current Don of the land grant, inherited from father to son for generations said “fuck that” and refused the order. The rest of the local landowners complied with the federal mandate and engaged the eradication program. Leaving only the island of plants found on the Rancho of GARCIA FERNANDO ( i really need to check to be certain, it might be Ferdinando) but i’m certain it is GF and not FG…

Any how… when I was running the Land Race Traders Club on Facebook, the current Don, grandson to Garcia posted up that he had this genetic to trade, which i jumped on and sent him BOGD seed, and proceeded to instruct him on how to go about culling males on the mountain to improve the overall stand while keeping it an open pollinated wild stock. When i asked about how it grew…

“It can be found at all elevations from the valley to the ridges, it grows on open rocky ground. In wet years it is everywhere, on dry years it is only found in the arroyos and deep rills and ruts on the hill sides, my grandfather told me when i asked where it came from “It is old, it was old when i was young” “it smokes good” was one of the last things he told me about it. He pulled his offer to trade quickly as an unscrupulous operator took advantage and did not return a trade, and it happens that I may be the only person beside the land owner to have this genetic. I have grown it out to great delight. A potent classic sativa up head, pungent skunk and gas with a stout thick stem and some solid flowers covered in frost… not so frosty as a poly hybrid, but it does the job when garden grown… and it’s a true skunk!!!! The proof in the hybrid smoke as well… (this land race has a slight intersex issue that i have always wanted to breed out into an IBL presentation but also wanted to give the owner of the genetic time to do what he pleases with it and his prerogative, as its been over 5 years now ill be getting to letting some of that out some time ,, but its in this THC and Breath of Turquise Dragon for now..

So the Pitch was made and f1 seed grown out in greenhouse, F2 seed was broadcast by the thousands onto the side of the mountain. Most places it missed due to harsh dry and cold, but the sweet spot I found produced plants up to 8 feet tall, dense flowers and big colas with zero inputs. The open pollination of the feral guerrilla allowed for more adaptation and produced about 10 pounds of seed, these have been grown out again in the same locality as well as distributed widely for the use in both indoor and outdoor dry farm grow and breed ops. Plants can range from semi lanky sativa form to classic indica. It has the diversity to adapt to your location, the strong genetic base of the NMLG for dropping a tap root into harsh soil with no water, and the advanced medical aspects of the cookies/train wreck to find what works for your situation.

I think the best smoke report I have for the Hard Core is the night the ski lodge opened early/ pre season and there was a blizzard blowing, dumping and whipping the storm raged and a buddy stepped out with me to burn a doobie. As we puffed in the raging storm in the little nook smokers go besides the great stone chimney and far enough from the main door for not blowing back in…. Other folks started to timidly peek around the stonebulk of the chimney… then a few more and were like .. “Hey.. Whats up!?” and they replied,, oh, we were looking to be sure it wasn’t a real skunk in the smoke spot… then the lodge Manager burst out the front door yelling at us that we had skunk stank the entire lodge .. mind you the the pinyon burning in three separate open hearths, and the half dozen cigarettes to a third stick of The Hard Core…

Bless.
Have you or anyone you know grown The Hard Core? Trying to find some info before I start it.

420empire

Veteran
Nope unfortunetley.
Maybe I will ask a friend to to it.
I have to be honest, i would havebloved it in pure form. But in Some way I under stand Hati mixed in cookiewreck. Both those hybrids is Pretty americano 😊 hope u discover some fire 🔥 let ud know how it goes👍🏼

acespicoli

We hope that this new preservation work that we present to the cannabis community will please our loyal fans (who for a decade have been asking us to offer a good pure Thai again), as well as lovers of traditional pure sativas and the most purists among preservationists.

1696937541846.png

Flower 90-120 days
@dubi got some stuff for the #ICmagfam
Added to the collection
1696938047917.png

Last edited:

acespicoli

Chiang Mai

Thai Standard​

SOUTHEAST ASIAN LANDRACE SATIVA PAR EXCELLENCE
If we had to choose a single sativa among the genetic jewels offered by Southeast Asia, it would undoubtedly be a fine Thai like this, due to its high quality and worldwide relevance.

A traditional pure sativa from Chiang Mai in Thailand's Golden Triangle, recently reproduced as part of our in-depth research and preservation work with this old Thai line in several of its generations, identifying and rescuing expressions that encompass the best qualities and the most emblematic psychoactive effects of classic Thai sativas.

As an authentic pure tropical sativa, the flowering of this Thai variety from Chiang Mai is long, lasting, from 3-4 months, developing in successive re-flowerings, and showing a very high resistance to humidity and botrytis-type fungi. Its bracts and trichomes swell to enormous proportions upon final ripening. It is a variety in which the majority of the population stays green right to the end even at low temperatures, although beautiful expressions of reddish Thai can occasionally be found.

In 10-15% of the population, we found more compact, robust and productive plants, faster maturing (3 months approx), with denser flowers and better adaptability to indoor cultivation, although the most interesting terpenes and effects are, in our opinion, found in the longest flowering plants (4 months) with more spiky floral structures.

Three main terpene profiles can be identified in this variety, the first and most classic Thai is fresh, lemony, woody and spicy. In the second group we find sweet, creamy and more refined floral and musky perfumes. And finally, a third group (around 5-10%) that stands out for its intense strawberrry aromas, unusual in Thai varieties.

The effects are very cerebral, with no tolerance limits and a very clean comedown thanks to its quality tropical sativa essence, and its chemotype of high THC content and zero CBD. If you search in depth, this Thai landrace offers all the effect profiles that we find in the sativas from this beautiful country: from positive, pleasant, friendly and revitalising effects (both physically and psychologically), to more euphoric and nervous effects, even psychedelic or more introspective.

Despite the (not always deserved) bad reputation of the Thai cannabis family in terms of hermaphroditism, this well-worked Thai variety that we offer you is sexually stable, with cases of problematic hermaphroditism being rare.

We hope that this new preservation work that we present to the cannabis community will please our loyal fans (who for a decade have been asking us to offer a good pure Thai again), as well as lovers of traditional pure sativas and the most purists among preservationists.

1709143654394.png

PGRLrARNodb8bbkI8vpqG10h-oOAdoaX6aiJMIpx5y4rp7XQVXXz7DL1ixBx0e_lxlaaJ-sIiraOKo15P_eBJGZN6qFUtBld3VShRx-I6slihpqMD26gf6ERjISCzv_qYaF0ldl93XpjeYHTO6gf9EM

TipoLANDRACE STRAIN (P3-P5)
FormatStandard
Sativa / Indica ratio100 % sativa
THC10-15 %
CBDNull
CBG0.41 %
Flowering indoors12-16 weeks
Flowering outdoorsEnd of November / December
YieldAverage-High
Resistance against spider mitesAverage-Low
Resistance against powder mildewAverage-High
Resistance against botrytisVery high
Resistance against white flyAverage-High
Resistance against coldAverage
Resistance against heatHigh
Latitude0º-37º
GeneticsPure sativa of between 3rd and 5th generation from the province of Chiang Mai, in northwestern Thailand.
StructureGenerally tall, slender and elegant tropical sativa, with pale and narrow leaves and thin, very flexible stems (which can withstand the worst downpours and blizzards), long internode distance, and strong lateral branching under ideal strong light intensity conditions.
BouquetA) Fresh, lemon-lime, wood, spices. B) Sweet, creamy, perfumed, floral and musky. C) Strawberry.
HighPositive, pleasant, revitalising (physically and psychologically), energetic and euphoric, even psychedelic or more introspective.
Terpene profileIt mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of beta mircene (1/3) and terpinolene (1/3), and the remaining third distributed proportionally between beta pinene, trans ocimene, alpha pinene and limonene. Sesquiterpenes: only beta caryophyllene.
Growing TipsFor indoor growing, due to its extreme tropical sativa genotype, we mostly recommend her for the extreme sativa lovers, for breeding projects or for seed production. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering. Even reduce the photoperiod to 10/14 from the second half of flowering to favor its complete maturation.

Highly recommended for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent development in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

For outdoor growing, it requires a tropical or subtropical climate in order to reach its full potential. However, it can easily be grown within latitudes of 20º-37º, where we recommend a warm and coastal climate. The use of a greenhouse is very helpful for its correct ripening in non tropical latitudes.

It requires low levels of nutrients, especially of nitrogen. For outdoor growing, it’s best to mix a good base of organic soil, rich in guano and worm casting, and then place the plants in a sunny place and leave them to grow at their own rhythm, almost without using fertilizers or stimulators.

Genetic analysis carried out on this Thai variety from Chiang Mai show that it has a relatively common genotype (given the prevalence of this type of high quality Thai genetics in the development of some of the best modern hybrids), with extremely low genetic variability, showing direct kinship mainly with other traditional Thai sativas and from other Southeast Asian countries.

If you wish to grow varieties that have the best characteristics of our Thai parental plants, but that offer much higher yields, potency, and that can be grown indoors with good results and reasonable flowering times, then we recommend our Thai hybrids such as Golden Tiger, Thai Chi or Thai x Panama.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Thai standards are pretty high.
So beautiful, reminds me of my first sativa grow decades ago. Lucky to see this again.
Hope this remains on their catalog. The double thai and ko chang I missed out on... not this one! :D

The effects are very cerebral, with no tolerance limits and a very clean comedown thanks to its quality tropical sativa essence, and its chemotype of high THC content and zero CBD. If you search in depth, this Thai landrace offers all the effect profiles that we find in the sativas from this beautiful country: from positive, pleasant, friendly and revitalising effects (both physically and psychologically), to more euphoric and nervous effects, even psychedelic or more introspective.

they had me at this ^ and the extreme NLD phenotype pictures, so im stoked 🙏
Been hounding Dubi for almost 10 years about their thai releases lol, so thx to him pure thai again
Much gratitude!!!

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
High Acespicoli, considering the very low % of terpz in this lab Thai test i think it's especially a low grade stuff and Green kind of pheno not really representative of good psychotropic Thai. @dubi please THCV content is needed!

Here's Swaz tested by @Kagyu2 Coastal Seed Co ten years ago.

14.97 THC .04 CBD. a pinene 2.25mg myrcene 5.08mg b pinene 1.01mg

Last edited:

acespicoli

High Acespicoli, considering the very low % of terpz in this lab Thai test i think it's especially a low grade stuff and Green kind of pheno not really representative of good psychotropic Thai. @dubi please THCV content is needed!

Here's Swaz tested by @Kagyu2 Coastal Seed Co ten years ago.
Greetings Brother @Roms

Its true a little lean , @dubi goes on to say that if high potency is the goal
then one of the catalog crosses are preferred like golden tiger.

Made some fine hybrids with it
Think they are here but the Thai effects very special despite the low test on the thc agree

Wonder how it would work with the red thai ?

limegreenlimey

Angus from RSC says that Parvati is probably contaminated with hybrids as there have been reports of broad leaf and skunky terpenes showing up in those plants as retards have been bringing hybrids to Parvati and Kullu valley. Rather I'd suggest focusing on Nepalese accessions.

Also I don't think 1000's of individuals are required to preserve a landrace. I think 100 ones is already quite sufficient and even as low as 25/30 plants in open pollenation should be quite enough to maintain some measure of genetic diversity. Obviously if you can grow 1000 plants it's always better to do so but you get my point.

And yes, alas, so many landraces, so little time, ***siiiiiiiiiigh***
I am sure this is the case. Even 20+ years ago there were reports of European growers renting fields around Malana, Parvati and growing out seeds from Amsterdam up there. I haven't tasted any charas like the charas I was buying in the house early 90s for many years, which leads me to think that that landrace is gone for good. Infuriating because it really was the tastiest hash in the world!

acespicoli

cannabis farmers

Farmers keep moving ganja fields higher into the mountains to avoid police raids.
Photograph by Andrea de Franciscis

See Inside the Himalayan Villages That Grow Cannabis​

The plant is native but illegal in India, and mountain farmers rely on its cultivation.

ByMaria Tavernini
Photographs byAndrea de Franciscis
Published February 1, 2016

In the Himalayas of India, small villages thrive by growing cannabis.
This is one of them. The village, perched on a mountain at 9,000 feet (2,700 meters), is only reachable on foot. The hike takes three hours. Villagers say it’s been a good season so far—police have only shown up to cut plants twice. But those plants are a drop in the ocean. Ganja grows wild in the Indian Himalayas, and it’s nearly impossible to curb its illegal cultivation.

cannabis farmers

A farmer’s family collects dry plants they did not manage to turn to hashish before snow came.

After harvesting the cannabis indica, farmers spend hours slowly rubbing the resin from the plant’s flowers to create charas, a type of hashish that’s considered to be some of the best in the world. It can cost up to 20 dollars per gram in the West. Cannabis is illegal in India, but many villagers have turned to charas manufacturing out of financial necessity.

cannabis farmers

Villagers produce a valuable type of hashish called charas by rubbing parts of the still-living cannabis plants on their hands, then collecting the resin from their palms.

Charas gets more valuable every year, but the farmers still live a humble life. Most fields are small, and 50 buds of ganja produce only 10 grams of charas.

cannabis farmers

After a few years of education, many children seeking more advanced studies will walk to other villages—somtimes hours away.

Sadhus—Hindu holy men who went to the Himalayas in meditation—were among the first to make charas. When hippies began following sadhus through the mountains in the 1970s, locals, who had been smoking a rough mix of resin and other parts of the plant, began making charas, too. They follow the same technique today to produce what's estimated to be tons of charas a year. There are no official figures for India’s charas production or cannabis cultivation. Because it's illegal, the Indian government has never conducted a large-scale survey to assess cannabis production within its boundaries.

cannabis farmers

A local woman bathes her grandson in the tandoori (wood stove) room of their house.

cannabis farmers

Two men carry freshly cut ganja from the field. It's an hours-long walk to their homes.

Because cannabis is a native plant, it can be difficult for police to trace producers, who keep moving their fields higher to escape raids. Thousands of families in the region survive on charas production. Farmers sell the resin to foreigners, but also to Indians from big cities. Demand is rising; new guesthouses and venues for smoking charas sprout every season.

cannabis farmers

A local girl stares at the mountain peaks after a big snowfall caused her village to lose electricity.

Though the drug trade is intricate and advanced, time almost stands still in this part of the mountains. Life follows the rhythms of nature. The villages scattered on the Himalayan slopes are made up of colorful houses with dark roofs made of thin stone slabs. There’s one central tap for water, an old temple, and a few shops that sell soap, cigarettes, legumes, rice, and flour.

cannabis farmers

A local woman carries a ganja bundle on her head while pulling resin from her hands.

The history of cannabis in India dates back thousands of years. It’s mentioned in sacred Veda texts. And it’s said that Lord Shiva sat in meditation on the snowy peaks of the Himalayas, feeding on ganja flowers. Yet today, it’s all about business, with villagers selling charas to survive.

cannabis farmers

Elders sit in the village square near the temple. They were part of the first generation to cultivate and harvest the wild cannabis grown in the village today.

Himalayan communities are proud and very secretive. Strenuous workers, they live in extreme conditions and often with no alternative career options. Many farmers have never cultivated anything legal in their life. Cultivation, production, use, context—everything is imbued with spirituality and religion.

cannabis farmers

Village children playing on a steep cliff at the outskirts of the village. Families have many children, some are left with older siblings during the day.

Along with many other countries, India joined the global fight against drugs in 1961 by signing the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs. But not everyone was ready to abandon cannabis, which has long been part of religious rituals and festivities. It took 24 years for India to translate its commitment into law. The country banned cannabis in 1985.

cannabis farmers

Musicians play at a young couple's marriage celebration in the village square. Parties and festivals in the villages are like big family gatherings, with music, food, and dancing.

“Nearly 400 of the 640 districts in India have cannabis cultivation,” says Romesh Bhattacharji, ex-Narcotics Commissioner of India. “It's time for the Indian Government to stop being a slave of UN-backed policies: since 1985, cannabis use and cultivation has only proliferated. Prohibition has failed."

cannabis farmers

A farmer stands in a mountain cannabis field.

“The obligation to eliminate cannabis in countries with widespread traditional use
is a clear example of the colonial background of the [UN] Convention,"
says Tom Blickman, from the Dutch think-tank Transnational Institute.
"It would never pass nowadays."

National Geographic Logo - Home

Hiking backpacking and camping def makes for a relaxing vacation here, taking in the natural beauty! :huggg:

Leolanlan

• Atao Genetics
  • Derg Corra Collective
  • E$kobar Tribute
  • Hyp3rids
  • Khalifa Genetics
  • SAN
  • West-eu
Would vouch for any of these breeders, very good personal service ... never ordered from seedhaven
They are in excellent company of great breeders/people. Many of whom are part of the #ICfam
Maybe some previous customers here can review seedheaven for us?
Hi i did order several times. For now just to add to my collection. Sold one line once there. Gave some freebies recently. Not much feedback for now but probably because ppl do like and add the extras to the fridge while growing their main goal.

acespicoli

Just ideas,... looking for collective art icons.....
been using high CBD lately for a old complaint been helpful for the pain.
makes a few hours of sleep possible between doses during what would be an otherwise restless night.
Tendon injury cartridge and joint arthritis can definitely let you know when the rains are coming.
'78 OG AFFIE has a nice amount of CBD
1709136833285.png

Used in a extract with some essential oils a balm has been a blessing
Only had some fems of this one... its from a clone was thinking of crossing it out to CBD therapy
Maybe also one of the vibes indica heavy CBD regular seed lines,
eventually probably just do a land race selection of one of those for this purpose

A friend was graceful in gifting this, you know who you are :huggg:

THERAPY-2015-wa-220x220.jpg

CBD Crew has a world first in releasing this long awaited low THC and high CBD strain. While there are rumors of seed varieties originating out of hemp strains, the CBD Therapy is solely derived from recreational high THC cannabis strains and has taken some 4 years to try stabilize with the use of science. Fully lab tested in both USA (The WercShop) and Europe (Fundación CANNA, Spain ) all the CBD Therapy came out all low THC high CBD and the seeds were released to the market. Now after getting a lot of great feedback from growers and medicinal users, CBD Crew noticed that not all seeds came out with very low THC, high CBD. Some closer to 5:1 even a few 2:1, so CBD Crew did an extensive new round of testing of the latest seed crop to see if the variations occurred often. They found that 50-75% of the CBD Therapy seeds will have very low THC, high CBD, but 25-50% could have higher THC. No seed will produce only high THC, always both CBD/ THC. Never seeds with higher THC than the CBD, but variations from 20:1 to 2:1 can occur. In every package, there will be one or more low THC, high CBD phenos. CBD Crew are now working on making the CBD Therapy even more stable, to make it easier or the growers and users. CBD Therapy will be revolutionary in treating people who do not wish to have high THC like those suffering with Dravets syndrome, MS, Crohn's , fibromyalgia, inflammation issues, anxiety / depression or Epilepsy or those who are susceptible to the psychoactive effects of THC Cannabis. While it will not be something to cure cancer on its own, it provides a seed strain that can be controlled in one’s own grow room and further in one’s extraction making to mix together to create a best suited medicine for all types of illnesses and conditions. We do recommend people getting the cannabis lab tested if possible. While growing indoors might up the % a little, the plants will still be very low in THC compared to other cannabis strains. WARNING: This is NOT hemp and can not be grown as hemp due to the risk of higher THC than 0.5 due to it's genetics of pure cannabis.
FEMS so will have to STS this going forward
Genetics (indica / sativa):50/50
Flowering Time (weeks):8-9
Yield (gr / m2 / 600W):500
Pack Size:5 seeds
Sex:Feminized
THC % (average):0.5
CBD % (average):8-10
Ratio THC:CBD1:20+
Aroma:Flavors ranging from sweetness of fruit to truffle earthiness are held within this strain.

The other choices I had were looking thru these
1709137141742.png

The Balkh hashplant is one of the most legendary afghan cultivars. This flavorful landrace variety has been used for hundreds of years for making a sweet and fruity hashish of the highest quality. These robust plants have been used for centuries and probably even millennia for making one of the most famous hashish in the world

Afghanistan has the oldest hashish culture still in existence today. Furthermore, Balkh is arguably the epicenter of the Afghan hash tradition.
The Balkh province is home to some of the best sieved hashish in the world such as the famous “Milk of Mazar” and the “Old Golden One”.
According to the legend, Baba Ku the famous healer who first brought cannabis to Afghanistan, was burried near the city of Balkh.

High Genetic Diversity

Just as many pure Afghan landraces, this variety typically produces a very clear stone and a pleasant body relaxation. Unlike many modern Indica-dominant hybrids, the effect isn’t couch lock but rather relaxing and insightful.

Potency vary from plant to plant according to the THC to CBD ratio.
The plants range from high CBD-low THC all the way to low CBD-high THC.

This Balkhi cultivar is easy to grow and flowers relatively quickly. At first the plants all look very similar but as they flower, they start displaying a wide array of aromas, shapes and colors.
Not unlike other north Afghan Landraces, the plants can be broad to narrow leafleted.
The fastest flowering phenotypes usually display broad leaflets and are medium producers. However, the plants which require 10 to 11 weeks to flower can be very high yielders.
Although the buds can end up being quite heavy, these plants almost never need support. Their frame is very sturdy with a large and robust main stem.
Thanks to its very high genetic diversity, this cultivar can be extremely useful to pheno hunters looking for rare gems.

A Low-Maintenance Cultivar

As they flower, about 10% of the Balkh landrace plants gradually turn black. Towards the end of the flowering cycle, some of the plants have become completely black both on the leaves and flowers.
These Afghan plants are moderate feeders. They require higher levels of nutrients than most landrace varieties, though, not as much as most modern hybrids.

Landrace Genetics, central Asian landrace expert, personally aquired the seeds in the Balkh Province near the city of Balkh in 2018. The Khalifa team has then been adapting this strain to growing indoors by reducing the hermaphroditism and decreasing the amount of undesirable phenotypes while preserving a lot of genetic diversity.

This Balkh landrace variety could be a great asset to breeders and pheno-hunters looking for a cultivar full of genetic diversity.
1709137192918.png

The Baghlan Hashplant comes from a very remote village in the mountains of the Hindu Kush, where the best hash has been made by the residents for many generations. This true landrace is a real, proper hash plant with a dark appearance. The smell is intense and absolutely fantastic, for all old school lovers this landrace is the absolute 'real deal'! Most plants will turn red and many will even turn downright black when matured. Baghlan Hashplant is very easy to grow, it is extremely mold resistant, hardly needs any fertilizer and always produces fantastic results even in nutrient-poor soil. A perfect strain for both outdoor and indoor gardeners, she also grows really well on a terrasse or in greenhouses. Of course, Baghlan Hashplant is highly recommended for extraction lovers..

Got some purps and pk not sure about these
Selection and keeping a suitable specimen would be the CBD part and a little THC lifts you up
Still keeping some knock out phenos for night time ;)

Any pain killer strain recommendations ?
1709140172122.png

Think the medicine part is huge leafly has a nice search feature that covers ailments but you get alot of results
low thc or no thc and balanced thc/cbd search terms

avoiding negative effects, found my top 3 picks for Pain from leafly. Maple leaf and Mazar already !
Haven't tried the PV yet... will let you know!!! Other notable medicinal strains are Deep Chunk, Purest Indica,

>Best>>>ibes :huggg:

Attachments

• 1709136392626.png
    1709136392626.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

acespicoli

Key to four varieties of C. sativa subsp. indica1​

1.Plants usually with a THC/CBD ratio ≥7; terpenoid profile usually lacks sesquiterpene alcohols, fresh aroma often pleasant. Plants ≥ 2 m tall in good habitats; branches flexible, diverging from the shoot at a relatively acute angle (<45° from vertical). Fresh leaves medium green in color; central leaflets narrow (length/width usually >6), lanceolate to linear-lanceolate; margins with fine to coarse serrations, sometimes biserrate. Mature female inflorescence somewhat compact (flowering stems producing small to medium “buds”), with relatively obscure sugar leaves (a high perigonal bract-to-leaf index); sugar leaves with capitate-stalked glandular trichomes (CSGTs) usually limited to the proximal half of the leaves; perigonal bracts express a moderate to high density of CSGTs. Mature achene exocarp color (beneath the perianth) often green-brown.
ATHC/CBD ratio always ≥7, often much more. Mature achenes usually ≥ 3.6 mm long (Fig. 3e, f); perianth mostly sloughed off, but often persistent in places (appearing as irregular spots or stripes); exposed exocarp exhibiting prominent venation; lacking a prominent protuberant base; not readily disarticulating from plant var. indica (“Sativa” in the historical sense2)
BTHC/CBD ratio usually ≥7, sometimes less. Mature achenes usually <3.6 mm long (Fig. 3g, h); perianth persistent (covering exocarp and its venation), with strong pigmentation in a mottled or striped pattern; with a protuberant base; readily disarticulating from plant var. himalayensis
2.Plants with a THC/CBD ratio <7; terpenoid profile includes sesquiterpene alcohols, fresh aroma often acrid or “skunky.” Plants < 2 m tall in good habitats, and often ca. 1 m; branches not flexible, branching sometimes nearly 90° from the stalk axis, producing a menorah-shaped habitus. Fresh leaves dark green in color, leaflets of larger leaves sometimes overlap; central leaflets broad (length/width usually <6), often oblanceolate; margins with coarse serrations, rarely biserrate. Mature female inflorescence compact (flowering stems producing medium to large “buds”) with prominent sugar leaves (a low perigonal bract-to-leaf index); sugar leaves have CSGTs extending more than half way down their length; perigonal bracts densely covered with CSGTs. Mature achene exocarp color (beneath the perianth) often a lighter shade of olive green to gray.
ATHC/CBD ratio <7 (almost always >2). Mature achenes usually ≥ 3.6 mm long (Fig. 3a, b); perianth mostly sloughed off (appearing as irregular spots or stripes); exposed exocarp exhibiting prominent venation; lacking a prominent protuberant base; not disarticulating from plant, and often trapped in the dense inflorescence var. afghanica (“Indica” in the historical sense2)
BTHC/CBD ratio often <2. Mature achenes usually < 3.6 mm long (Fig. 3c, d); perianth persistent (covering exocarp and its venation), with strong pigmentation in a mottled or striped pattern; with a protuberant base; readily disarticulating from plant var. asperrima
1 As emphasized in the text, the differences presented here represent unhybridized plants, before extensive recent hybridization between them.
2 Historically, as discussed in the text, “Sativa” formerly represented landraces of South Asian heritage, and “Indica” formerly represented Central Asian landraces. This key is not intended for the identification of “Sativa” and “Indica” strains commercially available today.

Collection going forward will be organized to canvas a selection of the BEST possible maintainable selections
From the four categories listed here, if your selections differ feel free to list the specifics.
This post is in no way limiting, and only a way to make sure we are preserving a minimum of the historical
selections that have been local landraces in the past, eradication and loss of habitat due to urbanization etc...has cost us alot of genetic resources as a community. Hopefully we can preserve more going forward.
Overlapping resources are great,
We must remember that the best seeds to save are the ones you keep viable.
:love:

>Best>>>ibes :huggg:

Last edited:

BC LONE WOLF

View attachment 18902033
Flower 90-120 days
@dubi got some stuff for the #ICmagfam
Added to the collection
View attachment 18902037

I yet to give them Thai a run, our collective got only 5 beans from Ace. I may run them this season outdoors for repro hoping the male is in there. If not I have a very amazing SEA genotype from Philippines to cross it with as the male ratio is good.
Its difficult and costly to stay pure in the crossing and breeding, but I believe in genetic diversity in all its forms, I would even have a line selfed if thats my only option. Every little effort counts.

Latest posts

Latest posts