What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Collective

Do you believe its important to preserve cannabis bio diversity by reproducing landraces, heirloom ?

• Yes

Votes: 127 98.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

byathread

Cool, u show a list,.or a link?
First of all What would u consider a landrace, is a introduced strain a landrace after 10 Years? Here i north scandinavia we have strains inbreed for over 50 Years. They are really stabalized and stabil for our climate.
My opinion would be that your adapted Scandinavian seeds are indeed modern landraces, and something to be preserved! As for the question of OG Kush or other modern hybrids I would say definitively NO. Why? Because they are hybrids, F1s and not IBLs. A strain can only become adapted and "native-ized" by inbreeding within it's own line for years and decades (and centuries). I appreciate all the modern stuff and variety, but I think we are doing a disservice by not breeding/selecting quality hybrids across multiple generations. I respect all breeders, but particularly those folks going to F6, F8, F10+. That's dedication, and reaps unique rewards.

420empire

Veteran
agree on that statement.
Yes they are considered landrace and really nice. Bald lala, Thy crewet, heinke, tanska, Hybrids from hell, and a hella of lot more local unknow breeders. They keept some sweet grass for sure.
Even though I love heriloom, landraces, then milk, zkittles, gmo, g.crack, silverhaze, cheese,etc. are lovely too. It all about picking the right profile for your mood(I think). But yes there is a lot of polypoly today. your truely right, alot of people don´t work a line. It takes years without a big operation + if no analytic equitment for genome your playin with, the seems like a long road ! But hey out ancestors used their body as the true test.

Hellablaked

Awesome! Count me in, sounds more fun than freemasonry..

How do I get a secret decoder ring and my first dossier?

... but seriously, how can I help?

Shit seems important and doing something important is important to me.

Even growing old important imports while imbibing port in Portola portapotties..

...Sorry I'm a wee bit stoneD

acespicoli

Using the Seed Exchange​

What is the Exchange?
Who can use the Exchange?
What is available on the Exchange?

What is the Exchange?​

The Exchange is a seed swap, where gardeners from around the country offer seeds they've grown ("homegrown seeds"). The Exchange is facilitated by Seed Savers Exchange, a nonprofit dedicated to preserving and sharing heirloom seeds. The organization started with the sharing of seeds within a small group of people in 1975 and has continued to expand over the last 40+ years. The Exchange you findhere is a continuation of that tradition and facilitates the sharing and preservation of seeds amongst gardeners.

The organization maintains a Seed Bank containing over 25,000 varieties at their headquarters in Decorah, Iowa. Some of the varieties from the Bank are distributed in the Exchange and 600+ varieties are made commercially available to the public in the organization's seed catalog. The revenue from the seed sales, aswell as donations and memberships, serve to maintain the organization''s collection and promote and encourage the tradition of saving and sharing seeds.

Why does it matter?​

Participants in the Exchange have saved thousands of rare heirlooms from extinction by connecting with new seed stewards to carry on seed saving traditions to the next generation. Many of the heirlooms that have entered the marketplace in recent years were shared here first, and many more heirlooms are still only found in the gardens of this community.

This grassroots seed-saving community is saving and sharing America’s gardening heritage for future generations. The more people that participate, the stronger it will be. Please join!

Who can use the Exchange?​

Anyone can browse the Exchange, but you must have an account on the Exchange to request or list seeds. Sign up here.

What is available on the Exchange and what can I list?​

Exchange community members offer thousands of homegrown, heirloom and open-pollinated seeds to other Exchange members. “Homegrown” simply means the seeds were not grown by a commercial operation. We define "heirloom" as a seed that has been passed down from generation to generation within communities and families.

All of the seeds offered by Exchange listers are open-pollinated and non-hybrid - if you grow these seeds into mature plants, the plants will produce seeds that you can harvest and plant again next year. They are also non-patented, meaning that they can be grown, saved, and shared freely. Many, but not all, of Exchange listers offer organically-grown seed.

You'll also find potato tubers, garlic bulbs, apple tree cuttings, and other non-seed material for propagating new plants within the Exchange

Joined long ago, thought it was a worthy endeavor!
Anyone using PGP ?

Last edited:

acespicoli

anyone still IRC ?

acespicoli

For pure sativa on this list anyone see anything that is worthy? - Sorted by day length.

Name of the strainBreeder
Colombian BlackBreeder Choice Organisation150
Pure HazeBreeder Choice Organisation150
Pernambuco GoldBrazilian S.C.150
Santa Marta ColombianBrazilian S.C.150
Aracaju RedBrazilian S.C.150
Vietnam Tourist HempGreen Hornet150
Kerala ChellakuttiKhalifa Genetics150
Acapulco Gold - PreservationMassMedicalStrains150
Mulanje GoldMount Zion Seed Cooperative150
Double ZamalUnderground Seeds Collective147
Oldtimer's HazeACE Seeds140
Colombia MangobicheCannabiogen140
Andhra BhangIndian Landrace Exchange140
Cambodia Mekong River DeltaIndian Landrace Exchange140
Idukki GoldIndian Landrace Exchange140
Colombian GoldLandrace Seeds135
Colombia Punto RojoCannabiogen133
NepaleseThe Landrace Team133
Green HazeACE Seeds126
Purple HazeACE Seeds126
Double ThaiACE Seeds126
Purple Haze x Panama F1ACE Seeds126
Purple Haze x ThaiACE Seeds126
Colombian Gold 72Underground Seeds Collective126
Mekong HazeDelta 9 Labs126
Kullu ValleyKhalifa Genetics126
Santa MartaFarmer Brown Seeds125
Kerala GoldIndian Landrace Exchange124
Haze-4-DayzBoneyard Seeds Norcal121
Panama Red PureCalifornia Connoisseur Genetics121
Panama Red x Black CongoCalifornia Connoisseur Genetics121
HazeBlueHemp Switzerland120
Oaxacan GoldCryptic Labs120
Divine SativaDivine Seeds120
K1French Touch Seeds120
Sri Lankan GanjaGreen Hornet120
Thai StickACE Seeds119
Green Haze x ThaiACE Seeds119
Assam Hash PlantIndian Landrace Exchange119
SuratgarhIndian Landrace Exchange119
Black Congo PureCalifornia Connoisseur Genetics116
Mango BicheThe Landrace Team116
Mangu KarotFrench Touch Seeds115
Mango BicheHisens Crew115
Zamal Kalitè PoivréHybrid Department115
Oldtimer's PupilMassMedicalStrains115
2046Medical Seeds Co115
Green Honduras HazeACE Seeds112
Purple Honduras HazeACE Seeds112
Malawi GoldChristiania Seedbank112
Colombian BlackGage Green Genetics112
Colombian GoldGage Green Genetics112
KalimpongIndian Landrace Exchange112
Eastern Manipur-BurmaIndian Landrace Exchange112
Black ForrestKingdom Organic Seeds112
Pure ZamalApeOrigin110
PiffBrazilian S.C.110
Highland GuerreroCryptic Labs110
Mango PepperFrench Touch Seeds110
Filipino KibunganKhalifa Genetics109
Thai HillThe Landrace Team109
Malawi GoldAfropips Seeds105
Malawi MiniAfropips Seeds105
Durban PoisonAfropips Seeds105
Double JamUnderground Seeds Collective105
ColjamUnderground Seeds Collective105
Jamaica Blue MountainCannabiogen105
SikulIndian Landrace Exchange105
Lao Luang PrabangACE Seeds102
Green Haze x MalawiACE Seeds102
Purple Haze x MalawiACE Seeds102
Panama HazeACE Seeds102
Mauritius x EthiopianACE Seeds102
LlaneraThe Landrace Team102
GambiaThe Landrace Team102
Nepalese JamACE Seeds100
Original HazeAuthentic Genetics100
Angola RedBrazilian S.C.100
Oh/OthxSativaB Seeds Co100
Hawaiian HazeCosmic Wisdom100
Golden HazeDr Greenthumb100
Willie NelsonGage Green Genetics100
Mango ZamalMandala Seeds100
WalkaboutMr Nice Seedbank100
CarmagnolaNorth East Hemp100
HondurasACE Seeds98
Golden TigerACE Seeds98
Golden Tiger Third VersionACE Seeds98
Nepal HazeCannabiogen98
North Indian Red StemChristiania Seedbank98
Chocolate ThaiDutch Flowers98
M2Elev8 Seeds98
The original HazeFlying Dutchmen98
Green House ThaiGreen House Seeds98
Laos Muang SingKhalifa Genetics98
IdukkiThe Landrace Team98

For our purposes here what should be removed ?
Maybe all the hybrids keeping only single source no mixed location strains?
Will keep seeds listed from defunct sellers in hopes someone saved old packs
Anything missing ???

Last edited:

acespicoli

Name of the strainBreederDays Flo
Alien TechnologyObsoul33t Genetics?
Chem 91 x Talk of KabulBodhi Seeds?
Chitrali #1Breeder Choice Organisation?
Golden Triangle AkhaThe Real S.C.?
Lashkar GahUnknown or Legendary?
Mazar I SharifSeedsman?
Oregon AfghaniClone Only Strains?
Original Afghani No1Growers Choice?
SoCal Master Kush x Uzbekistani HashplantBodhi Seeds?
Iranian Early Flower BX2Oregon Green Seed41
LebaneseBlueHemp Switzerland43
Landrace AfghanistanCartel Seeds45
Chuck BerryApothecary Genetics46
Original Afghani #1Aficionado Seed Bank46
Original Afghani #1Seedsman46
Cosmic AfghaniCosmic Wisdom49
Hash PassionSeedsman49
Lolab ValleyIndian Landrace Exchange49
Enemy of the StateHY-PRO Seeds50
Kabul FastDivine Seeds50
Afghan MotherPaul N Chuck Seeds53
Hash StarGreenLabel Seeds53
Master KushElev8 Seeds53
Pure AfghanDNA Genetics Seeds53
Turkish LandraceUnderground Seeds Collective53
Purple KushHuba Seed Bank54
Agha Black (Maruf Black) PreservationRed Scare S.C.55
Agha Red (Maruf Black) PreservationRed Scare S.C.55
Kashmiri SirnooOld World Organics55
Afghan Kush +BSB Genetics56
AfghanicaAnesia Seeds56
Afghanistan HashplantAnnibale Genetics56
Combat Cookies2 Guns and a Guy S.C.56
Freak Chunk Deep ChunkThe Real S.C.56
Mazar I SharifRed Scare S.C.56
Mazar-i-SharifACE Seeds56
Northern LegendAztech Genetics56
VerryBerry KushNasty Nugz Seed Co56
Alien TechnologySeeds6658
AfghanSpliff Seeds60
Black AfghaniUnderground Seeds Collective60
GG AllinSouthern Star Seeds60
Pakistan Chitral KushACE Seeds60
Pakistani Hash PlantAficionado Seed Bank60
Permanent ProfileGI Genetix60
Purple Kush '68 IBLPrimordial Beanz60
Quebec PlutonHash Hands Co60
TaskentiCannabiogen60
Uzbekistan Hash PlantNomad Seed Bank60
War Trophy2 Guns and a Guy S.C.60
ZenaksKoalatea Genetics60
Azad KashmirRed Scare S.C.63
Cider Kush (X18)The Real S.C.63
Hindu KushIndian Landrace Exchange63
KabulDivine Seeds63
Mazar i-Shariff x Mazar i-ShariffNew420Guy Seeds63
Mr. EMassMedicalStrains63
The KaliBig Buddha Seeds63
YumboltCBD Seeds63
ZanjeerIndian Landrace Exchange63
Hawaiian DuckfootPua Mana Pakalolo64
AfghAlienSunleaf Seed Co65
Shambhala KushTrichome Jungle Seeds65
Maruf KandaharIndian Landrace Exchange66
BaharakAfghan Selection67
BalkhAfghan Selection67
ChimtalAfghan Selection67
KholmAfghan Selection67
Mazar-i-SharifAfghan Selection67
Mazari LandraceIndian Landrace Exchange67
SheberghanAfghan Selection67
Afghan LemonKhalifa Genetics70
Balkh HashplantKhalifa Genetics70
GhazniThe Real S.C.70
IranianThe Real S.C.70
Maruf BlackTonygreens Tortured Beans70
Purple DashtACE Seeds70
Purple DashtiIndian Landrace Exchange70
Sheberghan HashplantKhalifa Genetics70
Balochistan Black TigerIndian Landrace Exchange77
Manar GhazniIndian Landrace Exchange77
Arghandab II KandaharIndian Landrace Exchange84
Pre Soviet AfghaniFarmer Brown Seeds90
Balochistan Quetta Purple Selection #1Indian Landrace Exchange98
Balochistan Quetta Purple Selection #2Indian Landrace Exchange98
For pure indica on this list anyone see anything that is worthy? - Sorted by day length.

For our purposes here what should be removed ?
Maybe all the hybrids keeping only single source no mixed location strains?
Will keep seeds listed from defunct sellers in hopes someone saved old packs
Anything missing ???

Pakistan Selections / Direct DescendentsAfghani Direct DescendentsHindu Kush Direct Descendentsfew rare others
Azad Kashmir » Pakistan - Indica Azad KashmirAfghan Cherries » AfghaniAfgan Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica AfghanistanKarakoram Kush Karakoram - Indica Hopar Valley Karakoram - Indica Gilgit-Baltistan Hunza Valley Karakoram - Indica Gilgit-Baltistan
Balochistan Black Tiger » Pakistan - Indica Mastung, BalochistanAfghan Hash Plant » Afghani x AfghaniAfgan Kush Special » Afgan Kush x Afgan Kush MutantAta Tundra Alaska x Kazakhstan - Indica Ata Tundra USA, Alaska x Kazakhstan - Indica
Balochistan Quetta Purple Selection Nr1 » Pakistan - Indica Quetta, Balochistan F1Afghan Helmand » Afghani HelmandAfghan Kush » Hindu Kush - IndicaOuzbekistan » Uzbekistan - Indica F12
Balochistan Quetta Purple Selection Nr2 » Pakistan - Indica Quetta, BalochistanAfghan Mother » AfghaniAfghan Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica AfghanistanUzbekistan » Uzbekistan - Indica
Chitral » Pakistan - IndicaAfghani » AfghaniAfghan Kush Early Harvest » Afghan Kush fast versionUzbekistan Hash Plant » Uzbekistan IBL
Chitrali Nr1 » Pakistan - Indica IBLAfghani Bullrider » AfghaniAfghan Kush Plus » Hindu Kush - Indica
Cider Kush X18 » X18 x X18Afghani Heirloom » Afghani S1Afghani Hindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica
Citral » Pakistan - Indica Probably IndicaAfghani Nr1 » AfghaniAfghani Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Citral » CitralAfkansastan » AfghaniBaghlan Hashplant » Hindu Kush - Indica Baghlan province
Djinns Gift » Pakistan - Indica IBLApex Dominus » AfghaniBaghlan Hindu » Hindu Kush - Indica Baghlan province
Gilgit Valley » Pakistan - IndicaAurora Borealis » Northern LightsBaharak » Hindu Kush - Indica Badakhshan province
Jhelum Basin » Pakistan - Indica Neelum districtBC Mango » AfghaniBlackout Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
NW Balochistan Nr4 » Pakistan - IndicaBomb » Afghani F1Ceres Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Old Man Purps » Chitral Kush Purple PhenoCherry Queen » Afghani Fat Cherry Afghani x Afghani Old Mother GhaniCherry Jam » Tuna Kush x Tuna Kush S1
Pakistan Chitral » Pakistan ChitralClementine » Afghani x AfghaniChitrali » Hindu Kush - Indica Chitral
Pakistan Chitral Kush » Pakistan - Indica ChitralCosmic Afghani » AfghaniDynamis » Hindu Kush - Indica selection probably
Pakistan Chitral Kush » Pakistan Chitral KushDesert Storm » Afghani x AfghaniFrosty Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica
Pakistani Hash Plant » Pakistan - IndicaDouble G » AfghaniGhazni » Hindu Kush - Indica Ghazni province
Pakistani Hash Plant » Pakistan - IndicaHybrid X » Northern Lights non-smelly phenoGolden Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica probably
Pakistani Hash Plant » Pakistan - Indica Probably IndicaIndian » Northern LightsGordo Master Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Pine Tar Kush » Pakistan - Indica IBLKandahar Black » Afghani KandaharHindu Dream » Hindu Kush - Indica
Pine Tar Kush » Pine Tar KushKush 4 » AfghaniHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Purple Dasht » Purple DashtLa Cucaracha » AfghaniHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Purple Dashti » Pakistan - Indica Quetta BaluchistanLandrace Afghanistan » AfghaniHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Purple Kush » Pakistan Chitral Kush x Pakistan Chitral KushLashkar Gah » Afghani HelmandHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Purple Pakistan Chitral » Pakistan Chitral Kush SelectionLucky Bubble » Afghani IBLHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica India F1
Purple Pakistani Chitral » Pakistan - Indica IBLMazar » Afghani Mazar-i-SharifHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Purple Pakistani Chitral » Pakistan Chitral Kush x Pakistan Chitral KushMoonlight » Northern LightsHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica Probably Indica
TNT Kush » Pakistan - IndicaMud Bight Delight » Afghani Ketchikan, AlaskaHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
X18 » Pakistan - IndicaPre Soviet Afghani » Afghani Chimtal district x Afghani Chimtal districtHindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica Tajikistan
X18 Pure Pakistani » X18Procrasta » Afghani x Afghani F2Hindu Kush Heirloom » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica
Purest Indica » AfghaniHindu Kush x Hindu Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Purest Indica IBL » Purest Indica x Purest IndicaJager » Hindu Kush - Indica probably
Purple Afghani Kush » Afghani S1Jager » Jager x Jager S1
Road Kill Skunk » Afghani probablyJahkirevi Kush » Unknown Cali Kush probably
Road Kill Skunk » Road Kill SkunkKetama Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Spanish Nights » Northern Lights SelectionKush » Hindu Kush - Indica Probably Indica
Sterling Green Skunk » RKS Xochipilli Sterling Green x RKS Xochipilli Sterling GreenKush Rau300 » Hindu Kush - Indica
War Trophy » Afghani Purple pheno x Afghani Purple pheno IBLKush del arriero » Hindu Kush - Indica
LA Pure Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica Probably
LA Pure Kush F2 » LA Pure Kush F1 x LA Pure Kush F1 F2
Lemon Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Master Kush » Master Kush probably
Master Kush » Masterkush
Masterkush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica
Masterkush » Masterkush
Mature Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Michigan Sweet Pine » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica F2
Mountain Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Narkush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica F1
NineTails » Hindu Kush - Indica 80's
Oregon Raspberry » Hindu Kush - Indica probably
Pakistan Valley » Hindu Kush - Indica
Pink Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Post Traumatic Purple » Hindu Kush - Indica
Pure Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Pure Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica Probably
Purple Skunk » Hindu Kush - Indica IBL
Shivas Cheeba » Hindu Kush - Indica
Sinister Kush » Unknown Kush Probably
SoCal Master Kush » Masterkush Selection
Sweet Valley Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica
Topanga Pure Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica probably
Tuna Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica
Tuna Kush » Hindu Kush - Indica x Hindu Kush - Indica
Zmoothiez Zignature » Hindu Kush - Indica IBL

Last edited:

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Now that's a strain list!
I'm not sure what you're asking... what is worthy for you, for me, for us? I'm interested in the Zamals, the Zamal Kalitè Poivré looks killer. The French Touch offering are intersting. Someone gave me the K1 that they repro'ed, but I've not grown them yet. I'm growing a Mulanje Gold right now so I can't say what I think yet. And then, what's the criteria for removing them?
but man, this list is really sweet

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Which IBL landrace strains from Africa do you have in the collection? I have travelled across East African countries collecting a variety of potent landrace sativas such as Ethiopian Shashamane Sativa and Kilimanjaro sativa from northern Tanzania. You can see them on my blog - eastafricagenes

Here's a photo of an eight-week old Ethiopian Shashamane sativa plant that I'm hoping to harvest in mid-September
Smoked that.Was really nice.

picture - 2023-09-15T194436.514.jpeg

acespicoli

Hiya @acespicoli,

the green hornet “Vietnamese tourist hemp”…is that the original Vietnamese black? If yes, would be a REAL gem.

Peace,
F2F
They may be different, I will ask Charles what he knows about it and maybe he can add to the description. Either one both great real gems yes!

F2F

The other day I clicked on one of the banner ads here on ICMag, North Coast Genetics, and noticed they have VB.

Interesting find @goingrey, devils in the details 😉 wonder the origins of that offering.

I’ve only grown crosses so don’t know what they should really look like. What I’ve seen on IG seems much much more NLD than that full flower pic. Who knows…

Peace
F2F

acespicoli

They may be different, I will ask Charles what he knows about it and maybe he can add to the description. Either one both great real gems yes!

Nam Black is a sativa variety from Dutch Flowers and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±70 days) and outdoors. Dutch Flowers' Nam Black is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.

Dutch Flowers' Nam Black Description​

Logo Dutch Flowers
I had the good fortune to get some VietNamese (aka Nam Black) seeds to grow out. These babies are pure SATIVA:
Seeds were soaked in H20 overnight. Most sprouted in 24 hours. 100% germination. Put in Organic Soil under 120 watts fluros. Vegged 5 weeks. Very distinct LONG Sativa leaves, Lime Green color. Plants develop into drooping umbrella form. Under HID's, plants STRETCH! Mine ended up at 2 1/2 - 3 1/2' in 3 gallon pots. Very branchy. Two phenotypes: One taller, leafier, more branching; the other shorter but heavier flowering, especially on the main stem. Fluffy white pistils. Plants start "putting on the weight" after 5 weeks. Final time 9 - 11 weeks.
Final product is "old time Sativa". Fruity Mango flavor. High is super Trippy Sativa like weed from the 70's. High can bring on paranoia, racing heart beat and hallucinations for those not used to it. Not for light weight smokers!!!!! This stuff is EXACTLY what I remember was around during the 70"s. You can almost hear the whoomp-whoomp of the Nam choppers. A great outdoors "Summer Day smoke". Just don't smoke it before your landlord or Mom comes by.... Hehehhehehe....
A 10 in my book! Sensi

These were from AF who asked me to test em.
These babies ARE NOT your typical Seed Bank seeds. They're pure Sativa, so they need tons of light, and patience. HOWEVER... for those willing to wait the 10 or so weeks, or have access to outdoor fields, its the real thing.
Indoors during the last few weeks you really need to use an extra fan, cause these babies will suck up water! You aint gonna over water these girls - they just pass it thru their huge Sativa leaves. Genetics for the Mecong Delta...
The high is exactly like the stuff I remember from the mid 70's. I recall some "body bag" weed (don't ask)that had a similar high: every puff took ya to another level, and there was this hum or buzz sound-noise in your head! Best smoked with a good friend at your side, if ya know what I mean. Odds are maybe one of you won't freak, hehehhe...
Yup, right up there with the old Columbian, Thai, and Panama stuff.
If you're into SCROG, these are it - very branchy and a million bud sites. Sensi

Nam F1 (Vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka Vietnam Black, aka NAM weed) -Original F1 cross: -Male Northern Vietnam/China Boarder (indica influence) -Female Southern Vietnam outskirts of Saigon (truebreeding pure Sativa NAM) Breeder's description: Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she's an extremely potent exotic sativa. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICIAL USERS: usually resulting in shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy - support recommended. A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period. Indoor Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt Original Auction Description

here's my experience with the Nam:
Can you find good Mom's from 10 seeds? Most definitely! I had 10 for 10 germ, and btw, it was definitely one of the fastest germinating strains I've run across in years.
I ended up with 6 females, 4 males. Of the 6 females, I kept 3 with the best flowering characteristics, due to space limitations.
There are 2 phenotypes: One produces more bud sites early on, close to the main stem, and is less leafy. The other is leafier, more branchy, but produces bigger buds later on, particularly from side shoots. Either one is most suited to scrog - there's lots of stretching and branching. ( I went bush style route to "test' the strain, and they ended up stretching 4x initial 12/12 height!) I have one Mom that probably could have filled a small screen all by itself! (May have pics soon...) This is a low odor strain: little odor early on, later during heavy flowering a very subdued Mango odor. Being an almost pure Sativa, don't expect heavy "frost trichomes", but dont let that fool ya - this baby builds up the thc levels. High is rocket up, visual trippy. Takes a bit to "get yer bearings" if you're not used to Sat highs, hehehehe.. I would suggest a minimum of 400 as it likes to just keep on stretching and making more and more buds, so light penetration is the thing. Like I said, the perfect Scrog plant. Fert requirement is nominal, I would suggest more N early on and back off the N later on to keep the stretch down. This is a 10 to 12 week plant, so don't be choppin her down at 50 days! Sensi

Questions on Nam Black:

1. How uniform is it? How are the odds of getting a really nice mom (and dad) out of 10 ?

2. What planting density do you recommend in scrog for this plant. The plant in the pics covered how much space when flowered with no veg time in the chamber? I'm trying to get a feel for the timing/density with this strain for the set-up AF is building right now (2'wx4'lx4'h cabinet, 400hps on a linear mover, water-cooled light).

3. How strong is the odor? Anything in particular to be aware of? Any unusual nute preferences?

Short version:

1. very uniform. 4 to 6 females from 10.
2. 3 plants/ft2, 7.8 ft2, easy to time flush.
3. strong pungent, but easily manageable. Impatience = beware.

Long version:

1. She's very uniform in regards to potency, height, leaf structure, bud structure, and most general flowering givens with a rare exception. The main difference in phenotypes I've noticed from the norm are the odd "nothing but bud" single donkey dick like individuals, usually identified by the short, somewhat squat and bushy veg appearance (SOG) nearly butt naked when fully mature. Of the 10 from the above picture, 6 were males, 4 were females. Of the 4 females, 3 were very identical in appearance and in performance (ie.. strong branching, uniform tight internodal spacing, tall, water guzzling vigorous growth,) all great flowering prospects. I've made the effort to clone and keep all 3 mums as new additions in the veg room, for future cloning. The remaining female is the odd "nothing but bud" pheno, which btw, is looking really nice even scrogged right now. I'll try to post a picture of this pheno so you can easily spot it, as soon as reasonably possible. The fathers were all very uniform, though I didn't spend enough time with the males to able to give you a fair and more in depth description. So, to answer your question, ... even with my bad luck, I've managed to secure 3 outstanding ScrOG mums, even faced in a low fem ratio predicament. You should end up with 4-6 uniform mothers to painfully choose from, out of 10.....

2. Given a standard basic flat horizontal scrog, with the screen set 12" above the medium : 3 plants per ft2 works well, done only with MATURE clones. The ones in the pics covered 100% of the available 7.8 ft2 canopy planted at a density of 3 plants per ft2, with absolutely NO veg time in the chamber (done with 6" single topped clones). The buds ranged from 2-18 inches long with the average bud measuring between 8-12 inches long. The larger the plant at induction, the more likely you'll get away with using fewer plants, i.e.... additional veg time. Your friend may want to take into consideration the ventilation requirements which may present themselves amist growing in such a dense bud canopy. His 4x2 space gives the perfect opportunity to slide out the centre 24" module which leaves just enough space to confortably train inside the cabinet, a great opportunity to save work and training time, and of course, taking advantage of vertical screens ect...Done properly, your friend's 400W water cooled light should produce an abundance of outstanding buds on the heavy side. Timing should be easy with an overcrowded excessive amount of shoots "that you have to clip away!" that should begin to rise when they begin to bulk in the 6th week. The mimum reccommended finishing time is 9-10 weeks.

3. The scent is very strong, but not enough to worry about. I've found that all will exhibit this trait fairly well, though I wouldn't say the smell isn't as overly intense like many of the "skunk" varieties avail. Nothing to lose sleep over. But, be aware of premature flowering (12/12 induction "pre"- alternating phyllotaxy ), which is EASIEST trigger for hermaphrodism. NEVER induce flowering until alternating phyllotaxy. Can seem forever on a near pure sativa, .... but a mistake unfortunately made by many, myself included. Further veg time followed by re-flowering always proves that the trigger is environmental rather than genetic, at least with this strain. As for nutes, I feel it's one of the most vigorous plant I've ever grown, very hardy and forgiving. It's done well in the past using dirt bio, dirt chem, dirtless hydro, and looks very promising in DWC hydro and DWC aquaponics "so far" (even for a hydro-illiterate, like me) LOL. You should easily excell my efforts with your hydro experience I feel that most ppl will consider her a waterhog, and hardy and tolerant (nominal req's for survival, at the same time it handles force feeding well). Overall, an easy plant to grow and evolved, well,... ideally for scrog.... Ultimate

Donated by Anonymous (check Private Breeders Stock) Heritage: ---------- Nam F1 (Vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka Vietnam Black, aka NAMweed) -Original F1 cross: -Male Northern Vietnam/China Boarder (indica influence) -Female Southern Vietnam outskirts of Saigon (truebreeding pure Sativa NAM) Breeder's description: --------------------- Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she's an extremely potent exotic sativa. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICIAL USERS: usually resulting in shortness of breath,
difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy - support recommended. A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period. Indoor
Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt

Indoors, these can finish faster and can be tricked. Outdoors in Northern Humboldt with straight VB out near Redding area. The record so far is 12lbs. That's good buds in 100gal grow bags, custom soil and done Sept-Oct. and that's taken to full term. Smoke this stuff and hang on for the trippy ride.

From Billygoat

Waiting on more info

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Much love, spicoli. This is very much needed as these days we are seeing a genetic genocide from these large farms popping thousands of seeds and only selecting a few keepers for production and to pollinate hype cuts, with no real preservation

Things I haven't been seeing around lately are:
Cabecca De Negra
Mauritius
Angola
Ghana
Gambia
Senegal
Zambian
Ecuadorian
Aruba
Gypsy Thai Stick
Red Thai (RSC)
Gypsy Zamal

I would vote for Green Hornet, Afropips, CBG, USC, Cryptic, Blue Hemp, and French Touch as sources of the purest and rarest landrace genetics and as such take priority. But thats just me.
Impressive list.

Latest posts

Latest posts