What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coir and things

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
That pic was taken a couple days ago. Last night I pulled off a ton of leaves. Might have been a mistake. I guess we'll see around a week or so.

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
@TnTLabs I thought I was going to get a fair amount of light damage, but I really got none. I'm not entirely sure why. uMol was 800-1050 at top of canopy.

Encrypt

Hello Fourtay, great setup you have there.
Im finishing a very similar setup, only with lower plant count and 2 lights with light mover, trying to turn my setup to the most efficient possible..

If you don't mind I have a few questions;

What are your environmental conditions? Do you use VPD management?
Do you use a different light schedule?

Can you elaborate in your feeding schedule?
Do you use foliar spray?

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
@phases
@ben_ripped thank you
@nastynate I use the cheepo hydrofarm $120 model. Gotta charge it with a cord and it is kinda shitty in the sense you get different readings when you adjust the angle of the sensor slightly. But as a beginner meter for me, it worked well in showing me light levels in the canopy in regards to height and bulb placement.

In this room, my ac unit is a Samsung 25k btu window unit. I have ballasts outside the room. I would like to keep it 77 ish @ 60%, however, it regularly hits low 80s. I try not to exceed 65%. As the run progresses I lower rh to pull out the glands. Lately I've been feeding amended 6/9. I've tried a couple rounds of veg bloom which worked well. Veg bloom pulls out different, seemingly more vibrant characteristics than Gh. I don't smoke weed, but my friends say vb burns very smooth, and clean, not harsh, however it lacks flavor. But I guess you can't have it all. I don't usually use foliar spray. However, if I have screwed up in the veg process, I will foliar to get them back on track.

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
Right now in a couple rooms I am doing 1 plant per light in 50/50 coco hydrocorn mix 10 gallon smart pot feeding 2x per day. In a couple other rooms, 2 plants per light, 5 gallon smart pots with same mix. I've experimented with different feeding frequencies, container sizes, and dry down cycles. My best run I was feeding 3 times a day, plants were almost bone dry in the mornings.

I just use 12/12 for light cycle. However, I am trying to source a far red LED to experiment with 13/11

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
This is the chem 4 a week before chop. This run I learned not to mix RO and HD formula in the same res. It did grow the plants well, however, as the run progressed, my medium pH went irreversibly low.
BqwrbMP.jpg

Last edited:

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
Veg bloom has its perks. I haven't really used it enough to make a good judgement. It's easy, decently cheap. I get the RO formula for 3 cents per gram. which ends up being $0.15 per gallon @ 5grams per gallon RO. If you use their pk, microbe, and foliar it gets pricey. It grew chem 4 decently well for me, which this particular cut seems to be cranky. Compared to 6/9 @ $.068 per gallon it's a little over double the cost. Im thinking of using jacks 3-2-1 which would end up being $0.04 per gallon.

@robot I use 50/50 coco to hydrocorn/hydroton. that along with 3 gallon smart pots fed 2-3 times per day has been my highest success. I am trying out straight coco for the first time, gonna see how it goes.

DJM

chem 4 run looks great!

the drop in ph may be bacteria or salt build up...if it seems irreversible with lots of run off , id guess bacteria

slipdefeu

Wow your runs looks better and better, happy to see how turn the chem4 in your garden, i've some in veg for the newt grow :)
Vibes for the harvest :tiphat:

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
@DMJ thank you sir! I would like to get ahold of her again for a rematch.

Your place looks amazing

Last edited:

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
Trying a couple rooms with 1 plant per light.
This one was doing great, then the AC went out at day 50, hit 120F over night, didnt hurt them too much which was pretty crazy. mildly wilted, all smell gone. Got her smell back with vengence
lMA8p6V.jpg

pfovGfF.jpg

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
This room did 2 plants per light, veg'd and flipped under hortilux super blue 1k's, till about day 6, then switched out with hortilux 1k hps, pulled most all big fans @ day 16. auto fed 3x per day

jKnuPfm.jpg

Bn5SHu6.jpg

Unknown day: (10?)
qAi96lF.jpg

right after removing fans
5eFFk9E.jpg

day 31
kGFS2I1.jpg

Last edited:
How far from the canopy do you have those vertizontals?

My grow space is vertically challenge with only 6' ceilings so I run vertical bulbs in cheap parabolic reflectors but I like the looks of those vertizontals.

Sicks looking garden btw!

Nevermind. I read through the thread and saw this has been answered. Der..thx!

Last edited: