What's new

Coffeeshop changes in Amsterdam

milehigh

Just heard that Pink Floyd has been purchased by Dampkring and sometime in late spring it will undergo a complete remodel with the aim of having the most gezellige shop in Amsterdam. It will remain open thru the remodel and will have some excellent new menu items. Dampkring will eliminate alcohol in April and concentrate on the new relationship with Kiwi seeds.

Blue Velvet purchased by Green House. No idea what is going on there.

Barneys is running the Amnesia now too.

Things are always changing.

milehigh

Last edited:
B

baccas125

Thanks for the update Milehigh always good to see you posting!!

Hey....that's the business.

The big boys want to expand, but since no more liscences are being sold....they have to take over the little guys.

potofgold

THEY MUST OF MADE OFFERS TO TO THE LITLE GUYS THAT THEY CUD NOT TURN DOWN WELL ATLEAST WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER GREAT COFFEESHOP THAT IS THE DAMPKRING SUPERB CARNT WAIT TIL IT HAPPENS . SKUNK WARS NOW COMENCE BETWEEN THE 3 U CUD SAY MOST POPULAR COFFESHOPS IN THE DAM AND NOW ON THE SAME STREET MAY THE BEST SHOP WIN

Consolidation is almost never good for the consumer.

Amnesia had good weed...a bit better than Barney's IMHO.

And I like when shops serve beer...it can take the edge off the haze...

I am pessimistic about this.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Dont worry too much about this guys, there will still be bars and disco´s in amsterdam where you are allowed to smoke.

I'm not even a little bit worried, moppel. :smoke: There will always be decent weed and places to smoke in the Dam. I just want to know why potofgold was yelling at me......for the love of god, man, get rid of the cap locks.

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
TrichomusCaesar said:
for the love of god, man, get rid of the cap locks.

LOL.

I didnt mean there wouldnt be a place to smoke anymore, coffeeshops wont dissapear. But i wanted to say that there are still places where you can have a beer with your joint.

Moppel said:
LOL.

I didnt mean there wouldnt be a place to smoke anymore, coffeeshops wont dissapear. But i wanted to say that there are still places where you can have a beer with your joint.

ahhh..I understand now. I don't think I've ever had a beer at a coffeeshop...so I wouldn't notice any changes anyways. lol But I guess it's nice to have the option....personally, I'd rather have a good glass of wine. :yummy: Take it easy, buddy.

Hey H3ad...what's crackin' big dawg? :wave:

Here's a little eye candy for y'all...Killer Queen...she's a frosty ass bitch.

17586kqnugz2.JPG

Last edited:
I was just speaking of my preference if I was to drink at a coffeeshop...of course, if they serve alcohol it shouldn't matter what kind it is.

Jeez, moppel! stop giving me a hard time :tongue:

Last edited:

milehigh

The people that run these shops read these forums, believe me. The word is out and they know they need to take it up a notch to satisfy us. I think many cannabis consumers are more educated the last few years and take offense to crappy weed or hash. And the International competition keeps the quality up as well. I see the point about consolidation, but I believe these owners will have more lobbying power with their government and should be taken more seriously as true business people which can't be bad in the long run.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
There are a few places in the dam that target connoiseur smokers, such as the Grey Area, Tweede Kamer, etc, but most of the coffeeshops target the great bulk of Amsterdam tourists that aren't too picky about what they inhale. That's where the money is.
The cash croppers growing for the dam coffeeshops often use top notch genetics, but it is still cash cropper weed you're smoking in most of the places.
The danger with seeing the little ones go and the big one's take over is loss of variety. The coffeeshop chains - and there's more and more of them - are selling big volumes. They have the same menus, and if your an enthusiastic smoker that like to make the most of your Amsterdam visit by going coffeeshop hopping, you'll come across the same weed or hash in different places.
Personally, I prefer a rare quality experience with the proprietor's homegrown, or I rather smoke my own.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i 2nd that rosy

i like to go from shop to shop sampling different strains,not go to 3 diferent coffeshops with the same menu
i mean even with the best coffeshops only a 1/3 of weed will be any good if your lucky

Latest posts

Latest posts