What's new

Coffeeshop changes in Amsterdam

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
We need a good smoker friendly coffeeshop, the quality of some of the "best" places there is awful, they could just as well sell tobacco, thats how awful it is in worst case...

shinobi

Nice Hashish Pics. Farmer... Do you make your own or is that import? Any details...god damn! we all love a nice resin :woohoo:

Peace.
Shinobi :joint:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Import 2nd grade moroccan, dont know what its called, other was better, dark an bubbly, the thicker blonde one is also bubbly but not as good...

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
okay everyone ... I heard the utopia coffeshop was for sale when I was last there ...it has a hostel aswell .... not sure how much but I spoke to the owner and he said around 1 mil (£) Im sure there are a few up for sale pretty regular .... who else wants to help ?
Im sure a small colective could manage it
I would definately contribute if I can , and you know we
would have the best smoke in town with an IC Lounge : )

Peace

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Hehe, Utopia is my favorite hotel...would love to buy it and change some things...I want a job so bad, been unemployeed for a long time except for the occasional hours in the bar, so, if anyone needs a dealer or a grower........:wave:

Last edited:
G

milehigh said:
Yes, that is the one. It has three levels so the apartment must have been changed back some time ago. I have been to some nice meetups there.
Tip: at the dealer counter you can see the rooms above thru a CC system monitor. Check if your friends are there without going up...

mh

thanks milehigh,

gotta say i m sorry to hear that it s been taken over and we lose another quality independant , E ,F + and more recently G at the floyd were always nice to deal with and prices could be haggled over , doubt there will be any haggling with the dampkring dealer , they re attitude has always been pretty bad ime and more take it or leave it , another tourist will be through the door anytime happy to pay their over the top prices .

yeh it was early 90s, his apartment was top floor . when he left they opened the top floor back up for a table football machine ,after that they installed a big snake tank !!

when he worked there the puf counter was on the middle floor at the back ,those were happy daze .................

peace............sr

G

Who remembers when the picaso had seperate shops accross the street from each other ? one for weed , one for hash . the locals used to queue out the door to buy quality import hash ,something unimaginable these days with so many prefering to smoke weed(most of the commercial weed sold in coffeeshops nowadays has been skuffed before being sold to tourists :wink:) .

peace........sr

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
stepinrazor said:
Who remembers when the picaso had seperate shops accross the street from each other ? one for weed , one for hash . the locals used to queue out the door to buy quality import hash ,something unimaginable these days with so many prefering to smoke weed(most of the commercial weed sold in coffeeshops nowadays has been skuffed before being sold to tourists :wink:) .

peace........sr

yea man , i remember that for sure, i went to buy hash there all the time. And a icmag coffeeshop would be awesome, wouldnt it. The name could be : "all cured".

Haha good luck guys! I hope you'll manage but being Dutch I wouldn't want to dive into things like that anymore. Hippie days are long gone and the more you sell, the greater the chance you'll have to buy your kilos with people you'd rather stay away from. I'm glad I'm just able to grow my own. No hassle with laws and authorities, no risky business. Laws will only get sharpened I'm afraid. There's been a policy of discouragement for years already and I'm surprised to hear Amsterdam still has shops where both alcohol and cannabis are being sold. In the greater part of Holland local authorities have strictly separated the two by demanding seperate entrances, spaces and permits if the two are sold under one roof. Also a befriended shop owner got arrested a couple of months back for supplying his own shop stocks. You're only allowed to have a daily amount of 500 grams in store, so he ran out of merchandise and went to get some more from his 'secret' storage. He got followed and they arrested him when they found the amount in this storage far exceeded the allowed 500 grams.

There's something really sick about being a shop owner in Holland. The whole chain is covered under the policy of toleration, except the supply-side of it. The weed is supposed to fall out of the sky right into the coffeeshop counters; if someone finds out it doesn't your shop can be closed for a determinated period, including a fine for the owner. So yeah, you can make a small fortune by running a coffeeshop, but it's by no means a carefree life. Don't forget about the potholes. :bandit:

Last edited:
G

Moppel said:
yea man , i remember that for sure, i went to buy hash there all the time. And a icmag coffeeshop would be awesome, wouldnt it. The name could be : "all cured".

:D hehe , yeah , an icmag cafe would rock! the Turkish from the picaso was usually stricly night time smoke back in the hotel for me!
nice to hear from a fellow oldtimer Moppel :wink: , the Doors Shops(big and small) have also gone downhill from those early days . the polm and punjes P(owner of the doors back then) used to buy exclusively from the Morrocan man driving a Lamborgini was out of this world tasty and very potent . looks can be so deceiving , this hash looked gray dry and cold , but a little body heat and it turned to soft butter !:D

where do you like to buy your hash these days Moppel? anywhere still sell real punjes ?

peace......sr

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
you mean puntjes. I buy my hash in the Topweazle (Vechtstraat, tram 24 goes there), coffeeshop for locals, top hash for good prices.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
im curious, what does puntjes mean?
ive had polm before, but i dont even know what thats supposed to mean either

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
it was the name of a hash from marocco in the 80´s and early 90´s. Good hash but nothing special imho.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
ah much obliged moppel, appreciate your expertise. Perhaps i can see an example of your work when i make it out there.

as you are such a veteran, might i inquire how full melt bubble generally runs for?

Last edited:
G

Moppel said:
it was the name of a hash from marocco in the 80´s and early 90´s. Good hash but nothing special imho.

there was punjes , and there was punjes . only came to holland in very small quantities. it s like anything , one coffeeshop hears another coffee shop has grade 1 moroc by the name off punjes , and starts calling their best moroc punjes .

moppel , real punjes is very special . only made by 1 family in morocco , the recipe/method is very much a family secret ;) .

peace........sr

G

we will have to consult the king of cannabis on this one moppel :D :D

peace bro