What's new

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
What with this clock joker?? Always some twitt gotta muddy up a thread.

Dude the big sur looks AWESOME! What's the flav like?

Nice job on those plants! Guessing next run will be even better! Nicely done bro!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The bigger sur pheno is the best smelling pot I've ever smelled in my life. I was fucking huffing it while finishing taking off the leaves. I mean I've loved weed smells before but this is the best smell ever. I've grown too many varieties to count that smell is my holy grail smell. I'll never drop this cut as long as I live.

What a plant she must be, I just read one of the best quotes
on cannabis ever, lol.

"I'll never drop this cut as long as I live."

That is why a grower grows.

Fuck yeah.

CoCoSativas

What with this clock joker?? Always some twitt gotta muddy up a thread.

Dude the big sur looks AWESOME! What's the flav like?

Nice job on those plants! Guessing next run will be even better! Nicely done bro!

Not much taste yet way to young. The high is there but the taste needs time to develop.

Next run will feature a already 3 foot tall sur going into lower. Should be epic.

So there's a new trailer park boys special live in Austin on Netflix. We blasted a bowl of big sur and laughed harder than we have all year. So maybe just maybe I have the shit I need the next time I'm down or want to off myself (pain can be scary what it will make you think like and do) I'll be laughing and smiling away.

I've needed this type of weed for a while the others while good this is what I actually needed.

I'll bet the big sur is a hell of a breeding line. May not be as much as we expect today out of a strain, but it looks like that line will create some amazing stuff...

CoCoSativas

I pulled around 2 Oz per plant except the small sur which came in 2 grams under a Oz (26 grams) so very close to the 2 Oz per plant...

Someone pm me and told me I was dreaming when I said I'd pull 2 Oz a plant in 1 gals with sativa dom hybrids. You know who you are you should be ashamed... you said you would come forward and clown yourself I hope you do buddy haha. If you are to shocked I'll let you remain anon but I hope you come out and say it I proved you wrong. This ain't soil my friend...

The dope dealers selling kush in my area their ozs half fill a sandwich bag. Mine fill it full. I'd charge 300 a zip for fluffy like this... but they would get it when they see it the whole bag is jammied if you are getting twice the stuff at 1.5 x the price I think that's value. No one's ever said dick when I ask prices though my current t was 200. It's going the fuck up next crop I have too many exotic cool things.

I see t a buddy a pic and he said he would pay whatever already. I told him this is all personal but I'll roll through and blaze some. Only a few mofos trying g this shit this time.

Edit maybe I'll just charge by bag volume and say fuck the indicas... who knows I guess I should just sell both when I get around to letting some go

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Someone clearly has never grown with coco! Prolly to busy eating his pm words to show up and man up lmao! Nice job Coco! There is something to be said about giggle pot, its hard to find these days.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hey guys all the testers are going out this week !
I finally got packages so the IC/SB stock will also go out this week !
Here is some pictures of our coco beds ! the new facility I am switching to a coco bucket System with a drain to waste collection system simply because we are growing fewer plants , I love my bed systems planting 24-30 clones per light its how real yields are achieved .
Coco great Job on everyone , I personally have never found a pheno in Big S that I really loved , that being said I often have so many great Sativa's when I do a long flowering crop that things can get overlooked .
When we bred the BSHW for the generation you are growing we had so so many great plants we ran some lab tests and multiplied based on Lab and testers .
No hybrids were being bred we simply wanted to preserve the genetics it looks like you found a nice keeper in a small few seeds .
Charles

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Charles,

Love the fact you are trying to preserve strains from yesteryear! CocoSativas found a gem there! I really miss straight up giggle weed.

Those beds look sick bro! Sweet! Are you running 1k over each lot of 24-30?

And what kind of nutrients if I may ask?

Best vibes!!

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi Charles,

Love the fact you are trying to preserve strains from yesteryear! CocoSativas found a gem there! I really miss straight up giggle weed.

Those beds look sick bro! Sweet! Are you running 1k over each lot of 24-30?

And what kind of nutrients if I may ask?

Best vibes!!

That room was 600 w at 24 per light air-cooled , I have run both 600 and 1000 if you have the room you will average higher per W with 600w we use a coco blend 70% Coco 20% perlite 10% pete Moss we have it custom blended and buy it in huge lift Bags .
I make my own nuts and use GH as a fall back as I have used it since 90-91 , its important that you adjust Calcium Mag on coco .
I like having the ability to tweak trace for each strain the room in the picture was a 50 light flip in Coco beds .
Sadly we had a major Electrical issue and it is no more , the Majority of my work is all done in Greenhouses now with 600w HPS augmentation .
CS

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

CoCoSativas

That room was 600 w at 24 per light air-cooled , I have run both 600 and 1000 if you have the room you will average higher per W with 600w we use a coco blend 70% Coco 20% perlite 10% pete Moss we have it custom blended and buy it in huge lift Bags .
I make my own nuts and use GH as a fall back as I have used it since 90-91 , its important that you adjust Calcium Mag on coco .
I like having the ability to tweak trace for each strain the room in the picture was a 50 light flip in Coco beds .
Sadly we had a major Electrical issue and it is no more , the Majority of my work is all done in Greenhouses now with 600w HPS augmentation .
CS

Major electical issue is the nicest way to put it. Oh charles must have been the most popular guy ever haha... not saying more cause it ain't my buisness but it wasn't a laughing matter. No smiles that day for sure and I'll bet not a laugh was heard for a day or two round those parts...

I don't add any cal mag. My tap runs strait 200 ppm cal (well traces of mag not much though) and the mix in the canna does me very well.

I used gh. It was ok bit I preffer the canna base food. When I broke it down because it has fulvic acid in it already and the bottle size for price I get a better deal using canna (saving on fulvic plus the canna is super concentrated and I now use in equal parts) and the weed is better. It was shiny with the gh but the bud is way better developed and the taste is better it flushed better...

Everyone is like use canna boost. More trichrome... Yeah I don't think my plants could fit it and if they should shine anymore they would blind me.

Soooo I took some of the sur into the grow store. When I opened the bag buddy frantically grabbed out cash and slammed it on the table. He was so bummed when I said I wasn't selling. I did smoke a joint with them and they were too high to function when I left. Total turnips...

I love this cut. The smell is so pretty. It is loud though, not stank loud but you sure smell it man...

Well snooze time for me. I've been up quite a while and could use some rest.

In my experience, the mechanical properties of coco are different than soil-less, peat based mixes such as Sunshine and Promix.

In a set space with equivalent, powerful lighting...... temperatures and RH maintained within specific parameters (both lights on and lights off)..... adequate air circulation... (2) identical cuts off the same mother, with similar sized root mass at start and then vegged for the same time...

...in that scenario I've found coco to perform better when constantly wet-very damp and found soil-less peat to perform better with a more pronounced wet dry cycle.

Often the size of the coco container can (and maybe should) be noticeably smaller than the size of the soil-less container for similar sized plants, especially if automated irrigation is possible or the garden has a relatively small, manageable number of plants.

Because of the properties of coco (especially when cut with perlite), it works well wet and the smaller containers - relative to plant size - allow for more frequent irrigations.

I have found that smaller containers promote internodal stretch in both narrow and broad leaf / equatorial etc etc sat/indic... as soon as the roots hit the sides and start to circle.

The stretch out and elongation is even more pronounced by higher temps, higher difference between day/night temps, light proximate to plant surfaces and of course spectrum of light.

I've found training from early veg by pinching top nodes / super cropping and then staking, trellising, screens and tying up branches to work very well.

CoCoSativas

In my experience, the mechanical properties of coco are different than soil-less, peat based mixes such as Sunshine and Promix.

In a set space with equivalent, powerful lighting...... temperatures and RH maintained within specific parameters (both lights on and lights off)..... adequate air circulation... (2) identical cuts off the same mother, with similar sized root mass at start and then vegged for the same time...

...in that scenario I've found coco to perform better when constantly wet-very damp and found soil-less peat to perform better with a more pronounced wet dry cycle.

Often the size of the coco container can (and maybe should) be noticeably smaller than the size of the soil-less container for similar sized plants, especially if automated irrigation is possible or the garden has a relatively small, manageable number of plants.

Because of the properties of coco (especially when cut with perlite), it works well wet and the smaller containers - relative to plant size - allow for more frequent irrigations.

I have found that smaller containers promote internodal stretch in both narrow and broad leaf / equatorial etc etc sat/indic... as soon as the roots hit the sides and start to circle.

The stretch out and elongation is even more pronounced by higher temps, higher difference between day/night temps, light proximate to plant surfaces and of course spectrum of light.

I've found training from early veg by pinching top nodes / super cropping and then staking, trellising, screens and tying up branches to work very well.

All my plants are different as far as if they like training my kali and the hau bac are to strong to bend and will snap. So I just do what I do sea of green which I know is not usual but neither am I.

Your post will be helpful for people reading this who aren't experienced with coco understanding the basics. Even though I'm here in the coco section I'm sure there are people watching hung just because it's stuff from reef.

Thanks everyone for watching. Dry pics come tomorrow. I hope anyway maybe in the morning

I'm going to have to consult golden tree it looks like however he's posting pics is way faster and easier than loading to the album.

helios212

no calmag or simliar product at all on coco ? mhmm I was told that it's a " must have " on coco ... about the booster ... yee losing eyesight aint nice, I think my x-mas present for ya are these nice "grow-goggles" *snickers* its not just trichome production coco, the smell gets stronger aswell ( atleast thats what I noticed in a side to side experiment , the jack47 with booster smelled more :eek:

CoCoSativas

My tap starts at .4 ec brother so I'm good on cal, and haven't seen any signs of mag def...

I can't justify the price of boost the claims I hear proven side to side or not don't justify it for me. I already have world class ganja there's not much to improve in my mind... trichrome and speed already fine with me. Even if it boosts yield I can't quantify the price.

I'm happy with what I'm doing now and probably will keep at it a while.

Looking at cannas cogr boards though. So cool

CoCoSativas

Well folks there you have it. Next grow will feature EVERYTHING I have going right now.

I'm almost sad to let this thread go. It's been going a long time. It started 18 days after I took a bad fall and left me really down. This thread and the support of the members who have reached out to me, all the kind words, it's really gone a long way to make me feel better. I'm starting to feel like myself again mostly. I'm still sore and stuff but I'm doing OK.

This crop will keep me blazing until I pull the next one. All my friends are stoked I'll have dope to sell. Everyone is bummed I'm not letting go of any of this one and it wasn't finished to its full potential. Last time I sold some and ended up buying a bunch of weed I would have rather saved the money then spend on the local garbage.

I do need to buy or trade for some indica shit soon. I have alot of sativa keeping me awake I'm sleeping like jack shit... yesterday 3 hours. I should be sleeping now for fuck sakes.

I have to get through all of reefs stuff eventually. The pure lines and anything interesting he will send my way.

Lol I can't wait to pop some of the herm seed. So far oihave only found 4 in the small sur but a bunch in the rest. Normally I wouldn't pop herm beans but because I'm convinced the herm was from bugs because only 2 plants did it and they all had the same treatment I just think the xds were more susceptible to herm under stress. That said the landrace hybrids laughed the bugs off and we're herm proof.

I love this sur pheno. I'm seriously going to run it exclusively for sale after the next run when I run for profit. It's such a amazing cut.

CoCoSativas

https://youtu.be/yxvTRRF69LY

Well folks that will be the last song and so I leave it up to you if you listen or not. It's another old rap tune. I couldn't think of a better song to end it all with. It's a very special song to me. I'll be all smiles though for the first one to listen to it and call it out for everyone. There's two versions of the song and I love both but this one I preffer.

Latest posts

Latest posts