What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco vs sunshine m ix #4 with H@G

Chomp

hey fellas, got another question.

What nutes are you all using?

Are there any omri listed organis coco nutes out there?

Cant i use a full spectrum liquid regimen just like soil?

I use General Hydroponics Flora micro and bloom (no grow) using the Lucas formula; strength depends on the size and needs of the plants, but usually 1/2 strength works well for me. My water is hard and has a lot of calcium in it so I only add cal/mag once in awhile.

:smokey:Chomp

3gunpete

right on Chomp.. BTW yur avatar cracks me up everytime.
Whats lucas formula or where on here can i find it?

noteron

The K.I.S.S method has been the easiest and most productive nute program I've used with coco. Like Chomp said the strength depends on the individual plants needs. I've been using 1/2 strength as well on all of my strains. But after this round is done I'm ramping it up to full strength (2 tsp MB per gal.), and I'm gonna add MaxiGrow to the mix for the first two weeks of vegging at 1/2 strength, just for the hell of it to see if I notice any benefits. Hempy buckets work very well when using coco. I hand-water with nutes everytime with no salt build-up because I allow about 20% of it to run-off. There is no need to flush before harvest either if you allow for a 20% run-off . Hempies+Coco+K.I.S.S = Killer Dank!

vaped

I would still flush. just because you dont have salt build up in the pot doesnt mean the plant has used all the salts up in the plant. If you dont flush till the plant looses some color 7 to 14 days your product wont be what it could be. Usually on a 70 day strain i start flushing on day 60. I use drip clean an water to run off daily i have trid plants with out a flush and it is a little hard on the lungs.

3gunpete

hey all, i still don't understand how the lucas method is so effective.
Especially during all stages . Are you really getting enough nitrogen during veg, without using grow formula?

3gunpete

can anyone tell me why or why not to use ff liquid nutes. I prefer organic omri listed products. but if i'm gonna go chemy i think id go with fox farm, cuase i've seen how easy they are as well as effective. I've been using the gh bio bizz line for years with soil. The bio bizz line doesn't say anything specific about use with coco.

So i guess my questionis this...
What makes a coco nute a coco nute and a soil nute a soil nute.
Are coco nutes just complete all in one type where as soil nutes tend to be many more individual ammendments?

I'd prefer to avoid finding out the hard way. Which is the way i've learned in the past(trial and error)
Thanx for the insight

Chomp

3gunpete,

K.I.S.S....the Lucas Formula works excellent during veg and flower. The mix makes for great growth and it has been proven countless times and in my personal experience with GH Flora Micro/Bloom there is nothing easier and is guaranteed to produce results. I do add cal/mag about every other watering or so if I feel the plants need it, but other than proper pH adjustments, that's it. It really is a no brainer IMHO

coco specific nutes will have extra cal/mag in them I think that's about the only difference, but I could be wrong because I've never used them.

You can use the lucas formula in soil, hydro, coco it works for all methods

:rasta:Chomp

3gunpete

once again thanx for CHOMPin at the bit..hehe

Are you omitting the grow because theres already enough n in te micro and bloom?

Chomp

once again thanx for CHOMPin at the bit..hehe

Are you omitting the grow because theres already enough n in te micro and bloom?

Yes the micro and bloom mixed in a 1:1 ratio is perfect for veg at varying strengths depending on age of plant, and the micro and bloom mixed at a 1:2 ratio is great for bloom....there are some deviations from the ratio like a 6:9, but I've only used 1:2

Incognegro

can anyone tell me why or why not to use ff liquid nutes. I prefer organic omri listed products. but if i'm gonna go chemy i think id go with fox farm, cuase i've seen how easy they are as well as effective. I've been using the gh bio bizz line for years with soil. The bio bizz line doesn't say anything specific about use with coco.

So i guess my questionis this...
What makes a coco nute a coco nute and a soil nute a soil nute.
Are coco nutes just complete all in one type where as soil nutes tend to be many more individual ammendments?

I'd prefer to avoid finding out the hard way. Which is the way i've learned in the past(trial and error)
Thanx for the insight

I used and loved FF for over 5years, with Promix, Coco, soil and even my own mix. The ONLY reason I changed from them was because I went and decided tried DWC, because of the space I had and went with the Canna line. I love Canna now, but still have NOT forgotten about FF. I plan to do a side by side using Canna n FF, once I get new room going and established, I will give it a shot.

FF is not full chemical nutes, nor full organic, some of their line is full organic...I think I've used most of their products, just depended on grow setup at the time, but I used the liquid nutes for over 5 years, and also tried out the 3 additives for the liquids, (Cha-Ching, I forgot the other 2, Beasties or something, and I think Karma something or other, lol)

Chomp is right about the Cal/Mag in coco nutes, well at least a few I believe. Canna on the other hand is made to use with TAP water, not RO; there's more than enough Cal/Mas already in your tap to sustain a grow, (well, at least here there is...lol) using RO (which I DID at the start of the DWC with Coco and Canna) I starting seeing nute defs, switched it to tap and everything has been smooth sailing since.

With the new room I'm building I'm still using Botanicares Coco, and still using Canna, but will likely have to switch between lines of Canna, and this time will be going back to coco in pots.... wish I could get some of those Air-Pots for MUCH cheaper than what they are! lol Wow... sorry for the ramble...:tiphat:

C

chefro420

Will get some pix when I move em in a week or so . Flushing atm. The coco buried the SS , literally .

Lorien

And dude, your avatar haunt's my dreams, please change it. Why do you have an avatar of some creepy child molester looking guy?

Latest posts

Latest posts