What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco vs sunshine m ix #4 with H@G

C

chefro420

Just started some Og chem in coco . This is my first attempt with coco. I have been using pro-mix and sunshine mix for years. Decided to toss 6 in the coco and one in the sunshine mix to do a side by side . I will be using house and garden hydro flakes in the sunshine and H@G coco base in the coco.

C

csedge

U will like it. I went from ss4 to coco too. It seemed the growth rate was better but u gotta watch the ph much more then in ss4 for sure. Hopefully it works out for u.

BPJR

Im doing the same thing as well. I have about half of my garden switched over to coco. Taking the opportunity to switch to airpots too. Loving it so far......

northstate

ICMag Donor
Nice to branch out and try new things. About to make the jump to coco myself after years and many kinds of dirt. Tests are fun and I am all for some mad science have a good run and for sure will be checkin in to see how it goes. NS

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The good thing about coco is it's reuseable. IMO, that's the REAL advantage, but you do have to water more often.

MtnLivin

Just finished my first run with coco.. I have been in soil for years, I will never go back to soil. The only complaint I have with coco is having to water every damn day..

OsWiZzLe

I used CoCo for a few years then switched to Sunshine Mix#4..... Havent looked back ever since.... They're both awsome ...I get zero lockout issues with Sunshine Mix#4 and faster growth... I can reuse both with no problems as well

GanjaPharma

H&G drip clean, never worry about salt lockout again, runoff/ no runoff/ no matter.

cant wait to see your results, so many using SM#4 will be nice to see em side by side.

Very Nice I made the switch this yr too.. Just be careful to not to reuse coco if u use H&Gs shooting powder. Drip clean,Roots Excelurator & shooting powder are the shiznit!

C

chefro420

in order for this to be any kind of scientific experiment you should do atleast an even number of both.sorry but this aint scientific at all and your results arent worth spit. mods really need to monitor these shady tests

Mod did approve thanks! :blowbubbles:

i dabbled in the coco a few years ago, it worked exceptionally well, if not for a bad ph spike, it would have been a exceptional grow !
Kind Regards, FT

Sleepy

Veteran
chefro, we look forward to your continuing this comparison.

of all of the suggestions made, and the few members actually starting a comparison grow, can we please leave the arguments out of this and let the test start before the thread starter just calls it quits!

no wonder so few of us are willing to do anything like this.

sheesh!

Burt

Veteran
the biggest secret for coco is runoff-at least 30%
you will have no more problems-i am a mizer by nature and found that not allowing for runoff was the sole cause of all my problems-just collect the runoff for your veggies and fruit garden

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
burts 100% correct you need to have 30% runoff every watering... if you do not you will run into problems...

C

chefro420

Thanks for all the advice! Im gonna need as this is my first run. As some people have suggested this isn't a SCIENTIFIC test , maybe the results will mean something, maybe they will mean shit!:thank you: If you don't like it , please go else where . I understand that 6 in coco , and 1 in ss#4 isn't the best , I don't need you to inform me about it.

Anyway on with the show. SO far the clone in SS#4 is taking the lead. The coco are slightly yellow . This is prob due to my inexperience . I will get up some pix this weekend, and go into detail . All positive comments and criticism are welcome , as I have a lot to learn about coco !

Latest posts

Latest posts