What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco in an Ikea Cab

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
repuk, those shots are beatiful. i love the skunk express top nug pic! nice work there.

thanks! which one? #2 or #1?

petemoss said:
Nice macros, repuk! Am I seeing some amber trichs in the skunk express?

You mean on #2? Yep! I flushed on Saturday, I thought I'll wait until the coco is dry to chop so that it dries better afterwards... is that advisable?

In fact I flushed both, Skunk Express #1 is the darkest green plant I have (Sadhu #1 is more blue) and didn't lose a single leaf in its life, so it won't be hungry if it takes a while to chop (though trichs look milky already) ... will watch for more amber along this week... both stopped shooting pistils some days ago.

More news: have the feeling that both Kali Mists are males again... But somango #3 is a girl! cut a bunch of clones already...

Last edited:

icough2getoff

Wow beautiful buds repuk! I really love how the skunk express #2 turned out, that first picture makes me drool. Not too shabby for a first grow ever! :yes: :canabis:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Glad you guys like the pics!

Here are another from Kalichakra #3, which looks to be the next:

Top nug:
picture.php

100% Crop:
picture.php

Another nug:

picture.php

100% crop: (my favourite own MJ macro to date)
picture.php

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Both skunks chopped and drying... Skunk Express #1 is nothing to talk about in yield, resin and smell. I guess dry weight will be slightly more than 10grams. unless is some veeery special smoke I won't be keeping her.

Skunk Express #2 had more yield, about 50% more max. Still ridiculous compared to mandala's strains expected yield. Slightly more resin production, but much better smell.

Mandala´s foxtails are droping due to nug weight, and some kolas look pretty decent to my noob eye:

picture.php

the forefront center is a sadhu (#3) with a superb smell and resin production, each time I pass near I want to byte it! I had to string the main stem as it would bend and break due to the main kola weight!

I did a hanger to put new clones to flower in order to sex them early w/o taking horizontal space and blocking light:

picture.php

So far both Somangos are girls! Kali Mist #3 culled (male). #5 Looks like a male, and certainly I wouldn't mind, I ran out of space for the next and this year last crop and wouldn't mind culling this laaanky, picky and slow strain. Not advised for newbies definitely.

Have a boatload of clones from the somangos Kali Mists and 4 Bubblegums ready to put to flower.

Last edited:

icough2getoff

Looking real good repuk! Those colas do look nice. Those trich pics are awesome too. Sounds like your grow is in full swing with some clones ready for flower. Lookin' forward to that. :canabis:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I waited and the girls seem to be slow in ripening... I got a good shock when noticed kalichakra #5 main kola had mold, so I right chopped it on 6th Feb. I discarded about 10 grams, but production looked good. Kalichakra #2 looked to be ready on 8th, so I chopped it, not too much resin on this one. On 10th it was time for Sadhu #1, which yielded very little (guess about 40grams, will weight everything once it's dry). That same day was the time for Kalichakra #3, which yielded a lot.

Kalichakra #1 doesn't look to be ready, as Sadhu #3, which looks the most promising trich and aroma wise.

In the meanwhile 3 of the bubblegums showed as girls, and both somangos. I had cut some clones, right now there's 4 somango #4 flowering, the seed plant and 3 clones, look like a fast flowering pheno. Somango #3 has about 4 plants included the seed one, with 4 more clones waiting for flowering / keeper.

Kali Mist #5 seed plant plus 3 clones are in the flowering tent, with another one waiting.

This time I'll try to do a SOG, as plants this big were a nightmare to handle, guess I'll have about 16 smaller plants (about 1 meter tall) in there.

Yield looks to my noob eye to be in the 500gr range. I'll weight everything once is done.

Have tasted some buds and potency and effect seems nice, Sadhu #1 being a nicely head followed by body stone. Skunks very clear and cerebral high.

B

bonecarver_OG

sorry to hear about the mould :( a lot of plants together causes a lot of humidiy - check if you can ad more extraction and ventilation?

congrats on the harvest mate! :D

peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
sorry to hear about the mould :( a lot of plants together causes a lot of humidiy - check if you can ad more extraction and ventilation?

congrats on the harvest mate! :D

peace

Yep, that's why I'll put more plants (in number) but smaller, also clones are typical straight stem without branches... hopefully that will make humidity control easier.

Are buds with slight mould useable for anything? BHO?

petemoss

repuk,
Congratulations on your first harvest! You did great--are you sure this is your first time?
Looking forward to your upcoming SOG! Shame about the mold though. I heard that you shouldn't smoke moldy buds.
Not sure about BHO, but why take a chance? Looks like you'll have plenty of buds to keep yourself medicated for a while!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
if I manage to do half as well on my first time out, I'll be well pleased... great run, Repuk

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
repuk,
Congratulations on your first harvest! You did great--are you sure this is your first time?

Yep! :) I managed however to screw in other areas... harvest time and curing. :mad:

I have yet to weight everything, but I think the whole harvest would have been between 500-600gr.

I screwed in harvest time, I didn't open the top colas to check the innards to notice bud rot :yoinks: when I chopped that last two had to discard about 60-70gr in rotten buds... I think I have lost about 100-150gr (dry) in rotten top bud overall...

I dried badly the two first harvested (inside the flowering tent with lights on), while it is still potent smoke, is brown and not very appealing.

Then I put the dried buds of another two girls into curing jars too soon... and got mould :( so I think at least another 150gr screwed. I will BHO them however.

I guess rotten bud is lost, but the mold on the mouldy one haven't rotten anything and it's just spots here and there, so I guess I'm gonna make tons of BHO :)

So far I have tasted both Skunk Express (the awful dried ones), smooth smoke, hash aroma, med potency. The other one I tested (I'm afraid i let it to dry too much) very short and squat Sadhu, #1, is da bomb in potency, at least with me, slight lemony flavour but makes me cough a lot... A couple spliff hits and I'm done for a couple hours with a very clear cerebral high, great to get boring things done.

Looking forward to your upcoming SOG! Shame about the mold though. I heard that you shouldn't smoke moldy buds.
Not sure about BHO, but why take a chance? Looks like you'll have plenty of buds to keep yourself medicated for a while!

Yes, I also heard that. Though I think everyone that has smoked crap from the street should have smoke mold/spores sometimes... I have read butane kills all spores however, and I'm not allergic to any so will try and see.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hey there Repuk!

Nice job bud! What size pots did you use???

--
TB4U

Hi TB4U!!!

I used 7Liter pots. Small for the size these plants were, had to water them daily. Problem is bigger plants + bigger pots = bigger humidity and problems trying to control it.

In this run I think I'll repot seed plants (much smaller and bushy as I pruned & LST them) into 7L pots, and let clones in 2L pots.

I have 20 plants overall in flower: 3 different serious bubblegum's, one of them looking veeeery promising, then is a loooong haired punky blonde, an impressive beauty, Kali Mist, and 2 Somango phenos, one of them very fast in flower but the most picky in is tendering.

Hope humidity control will be easier this time. Will post pics soon.

B

bonecarver_OG

:D hope all is good :D

have you tried using a dehumidifer inside the grow-space?

peace :D

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
bonecarver_OG, yep, I have an small peltier-based dehumidifier.

Update to the yield figure, I think I has been pretty close to 500gr.

I did some more smoke tests, sadly, the ridiculous yielding Sadhu #1 hasn't been beaten. Is so trich covered my grinder looks like a sugar pot after grinding... almost 5x the trichs the others have.

Tested Sadhu #3, while its smell is noticeably the best of this run, and filled two litre mason jars with her nugs, I can smoke a full 1 1/2gr spliff and get not so stoned, it's high isn't as "clear" as Sadhu #1, and it doesn't taste as it smells, guess due to just a couple weeks passed since I harvested it... I think I did the drying and curing right this time.

While just couple tokes of Sadhu #1 gets you up and rolling... with a clear brainy high great to get things done for a couple hours, Sadhu #3 just gets your mind "blurry".

Unless high and taste enhances considerably, I'm not gonna run these strains no more, but maybe Sadhu #1 in a high density SOG.

High hopes for the Somagos, Kali Mist (dank! dank!) and Bubble Gums.

Cannot wait to test a GoG Boing bong I ordered. Sadly I cannot source a bell for it to smoke BHO as lotusglass wouldn't ship outside USA or Canada :( anyone knows where to get something like this:

gongbell2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts