What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Hempy style.

D

Dalaihempy

The mango haze.

Attachments

• Cnv0122.jpg
    Cnv0122.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Cnv0125.jpg
    Cnv0125.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Cnv0109.jpg
    Cnv0109.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Cnv0111.jpg
    Cnv0111.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43
D

Dalaihempy

As you can see it was impossible to get a complete plant pic the mango haze is 8 or 9 ft long side ways and just over 6 ft tall hope this post helped a few any way i will add a few cured pics if you like.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
whoa awesome plants Hempy.... bud floor to ceiling!

did you pluck off the fan leaves? If so, when?

peeeace

Growbrass

GrnMtnGrwr said:
If coco dries out, your plants die. It's that simple

Thank you for explaining how roots work. I never said they'd die 1 - 2 days after starving. I think our definitions for the word starving differ.

Contradict yourself a bit more? And be a dick to the guy who pointed out your error instead of listening and learning? Maybe I'm missing something here.... lost in translation? Because your first statement was flat out wrong.

pinkskunk

i let my hempy dry out on the top inch or two and my plants dont even sag! my girl left my plants in 3litre pots of coco to dry out for three days one time and my girls were crispy and they came back with a good soak. plants in coco do not just die from the coco drying out at all.!

pinkskunk

hempy im trying out a new nute from vitalink,a one part coir nute and its the best iv used id say,my plants never looked so healthy,in combination with your hempy buckets life couldnt be easier! i just add pk13-14 and au60 root repair and its so simple! i took your advice and dont bother with ph either.

D

Dalaihempy

hempy im trying out a new nute from vitalink,a one part coir nute and its the best iv used id say,my plants never looked so healthy,in combination with your hempy buckets life couldnt be easier! i just add pk13-14 and au60 root repair and its so simple! i took your advice and dont bother with ph either.

hi mate there's a local nutrient line made for ow water and is also used for coco can be used in all hydro medium saw pictures of vegges grown in coco using it i was very imprest so i got some to try will soon i will post my resorts mite do a side by side test on 2 clones from same mum one doing it as i do with canna aqua other with this in house line.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
I'm sure that system works great... but if you're watering 6 times a day what's the point of having the 1.5" res at the bottom? That kinda defeats the purpose of hempy buckets.

couldnt tell ya kid, twas an experiment on bato buckets not hempy buckets, but they do share some similarities.

is anyone getting soggy coco by having 2-3" of water in the bottom of their bucket? I dont get how this could be giving you all explosive growth, seems like the coco would be 2 moist for optimal growth rates. 2-3" perched water table?

idk, i guess it works, im just surprised since when i grew hempy they seemed like they wanted for more o2... just my .02

pinkskunk

im on my second run with hempy cocoand im yet to see my coco soggy,the coco will only hold what it needs,and you will notice that the coco only ever stays moist even right after a watering.

is anyone getting soggy coco by having 2-3" of water in the bottom of their bucket? I dont get how this could be giving you all explosive growth, seems like the coco would be 2 moist for optimal growth rates. 2-3" perched water table?
Nope. Once the roots are established I have no problems. On the contrary, my res is empty at the end of the day. I water once per day with full strength nutes until I start seeing a little runoff from the drain hole. I have, however, left them for 3 days with no attention and had no ill effects. They did seem to have a little burst of growth the day after being watered from their 3 day fast...

turbolaser4528

Veteran
interesting, I wonder if you hooked up a blower to rubber diffuser hose, buried it in the perlite at the bottom of the hempy, and blasted air into the water?!

id imagine growth would explode, o2 levels would be amazing. I guess itd be cocoponics lol

basically coco on top and dwc at the bottom. hand watered of fed by a adrip system

holes drilled in sides of pots, or use smart pots for maximum air/o2 exchange at the root zone.

i will experiement immidiately

D

Dalaihempy

Some times the most simple of ideas work and work the best why complicate something that works i have run flood and drain and a nft and other ways trust me there's a reason why im still using this method the only other method i like apart from my method is nft but nft is a lot of effort and the only difference is nft is faster off the mark but once the plants in the hempy buckets throw down roots they soon catch up.

You can add air stones do what ever you like but i think you will find little to nil difference the people using the hempy buckets that in fact followed the basic formula are more than imprest the only time there not is if they have not followed it the basic formula.

Hi and thanks mistress they have a bit more to pump out before harvest thinking 2 more weeks will post final pictures before they are harvested.

pinkskunk

why dont people just try it as he puts it before goin and tryin to find ways to alter it,are yous fn dumb ar what?? hes put it out so clearly and everyone whos tried it loves it but some so and sos just have to question it.... fuckin get a bucket drill a hole and try it simple as,if it fails then try altering it or move on to a new method!

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Some times the most simple of ideas work and work the best why complicate something that works i have run flood and drain and a nft and other ways trust me there's a reason why im still using this method the only other method i like apart from my method is nft but nft is a lot of effort and the only difference is nft is faster off the mark but once the plants in the hempy buckets throw down roots they soon catch up.

You can add air stones do what ever you like but i think you will find little to nil difference the people using the hempy buckets that in fact followed the basic formula are more than imprest the only time there not is if they have not followed it the basic formula.

If no one ever experimented we wouldnt be where we are today, I appreciate your work on this daliahempy, and please dont take offense to me trying to alter this design.

I am simply trying to supply more o2 to the root zone, as this WILL increase growth rates, and yield.

Call it what you want, but you please don't get upset with people for attempting to innovate, its just not a progressive thing to do.

why dont people just try it as he puts it before goin and tryin to find ways to alter it,are yous fn dumb ar what?? hes put it out so clearly and everyone whos tried it loves it but some so and sos just have to question it.... fuckin get a bucket drill a hole and try it simple as,if it fails then try altering it or move on to a new method!

Learn how to spell before you start calling people dumb, ok champ?

I have grown in hempy buckets before, my last cr0p was grown in hempy's with coco/perlite, and I felt that o2 levels could be improved upon.

Coco holds 30% oxygen, that leaves MUCH room for improvement.

the reason the hempy bucket exists in the first place is because some "so and sos" tried something different and came up with something great.

anyway, hempy, you state additional o2 added to the rootzone will have little to no effect on plant growth, I just can't agree with this as oxygen levels have a direct correlation to growth rates in plants.

I will experiment myself and contribute those findings towards the supposedly progressive movement of this community, have a good one y'all :wave:

gardenbug

Looking at converting my 5 gal dwc buckets into something like this. Maybe even use some rubbermaids since I won't have to worry about the weight of the water flexing the tubs like I would in dwc.
Anyone switch from dwc to this and have any advice? Comparable growth and yields?
I'll be doing 6 ft trees.

Latest posts

Latest posts