What's new

Coco Cola's...hopefully

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a cheepo table top ca be made from a piece of corrugated roofing placed on a wooden frame. make sure you have a slight drop, so the water runs off to one end where you have a tank waiting to collect it again.

even a low density sog needs 15 plants per 400 watt, otherwise you need to think about scroging. costs a bit more in the veg phase but keeps your plant count right down.

i find i get the best results with 30 plants per 600 watts. my 600 watt light is made to light up 1.5 meters by 1 meter. this system allows for a very short veg phase and still gets you a gpw with out too much trouble if you know your strain, or are just plain lucky with a good yielder like the PP or super skunk that is easy going. a lot of people make it difficult on them selves to get good yield numbers by adding too many watts per meter. meaning that each plant has to produce more with less space. of course that's referring to a few lamps together not singe ones.

Xtrakritical

Yeah VT I noticed the newer Hydro PBP nutes have "for Hydro, soiless, and Coco Gardens...

Also I been using this line for a while and also just noticed Liquid Karma is labeled Catalyst... not sure if this is new on the label, but I have been told any organic nutrients require a catalyst...

a friend of mine uses the meta-naturals explained this to me, he uses liquid compost and budswel with great success...

Also Ive read a few times that calmag should be used if using RO water...
could be used with tap water, but in small doses... I have it and rarley use it since Im not sure and have done my share of hot mixes!

I guess when u accumulate so many diffrent additives, and you want to use em all, thats pretty easy to do! lol

lookng good there Dalton!

Xtra

Dalton

Thanks Gaius, I wish we had that conversation 3 months ago. My thinking behind the smaller plant count came from soquick's old threads. He had them pretty spaced out and had big yeilds. The buckets I have are 2 gallons like his, the only differnce I thought would be less plumbing and no hydrotron. But as you can see I'm not going to get anywhere near what he had gowing. He also had alot watts and experience kicking in his favor though. (Can we get a moment of silence SoQuick)

So I can fit 36 of those funny looking buckets in each 4X4 would that be enoungh for
800 watts?

I'm leaning away from scrog because I wanna stagger the timing on my tables. So I'll always have plenty :)

I was also wondering if I throw in another 400 to overlap each table since they are gonna be right next to each other would that help the edges of the table, since a 400 can't really go 4 feet wide?

VT- What was your old recipe for the pbpro?

Xtra- I got coco colas hopefully and you got coco colas and a few budshots. I'm jealous man yours look pretty fabulous. Thanks for stopping in. I'm gonna have to ask for your recipe as well.

Thanks Alot Guys

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
>>>VT- What was your old recipe for the pbpro?<<<

veg
10ml/gal PBP pro grow
1 tsp/gal LK
1/2 tsp/gal Silica Blast
2tsp/gal Cal/Mag+
5ml/gal Sweet
Enzymes

Bloom (still using the PBP pro hydro line til I run out lol)

15ml/gal PBP Pro Bloom
2 tsp/gal LK
15 ml/gal Sweet
1 tsp/gal Silica Blast
Enzymes

My source water is less than .1 EC

I handwater daily and the plants I have in bloom look great

peace

Dalton

Today is a sad sad day. Woke up to nanners, pretty much every plant on the table. I'm still in the process of pulling them all and I'm not sure if I'm going to find all of them. Their kinda hidden in buds. So I knew something was gonna go wrong my first run, I didn't think it would be this. I'm not setting up the other table now, I'm gonna wait and take a Holiday. Then I'm setting up the whole room proper and I'm coming out swinging next round.

G

Sorry to hear about the mishap. But I do think you got off to a great start for a first run. Just a little tweaking and you will have us all drooling fer sure.

Take Care

Mo,

Dalton

Thanks for the condolences VT, Yeah I got minor light leaks coming from that plastic'd off veg area. I'm gonna have to get the real panda plastic next time. I didn't think it was that bad, but I was wrong

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I just went through the same thing bro...I had light leaks also....I had cracks in the boards I used to partition my room. When I setup at my new spot I am getting that foam spray stuff for cracks and crevices....and the panda is good....when stapling it I will always use cardboard from now on....I had leaks from tiny stapler holes....

I'm sure you'll learn from this and bounce back stronger than ever...hoping I will as well....

peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sorry to hear the bad news Dalton. lets hope you managed to pull all the naners of the buds, how much more time would they need? with a bit of luck and perseverance you can still get a mostly seedless crop?

Dalton

Thanks, Vt, Mr.Mo and Gaius for all of the kind words. I pulled like 20 bannanas yesterday and probably close to 50 today. I'm gonna keep trying as hard as I can. I'm at day 41 today So I have roughly 19 more days to go. It turns out it's only the indica pheno that hermied...so far. I'm hoping it's not a genetic thing. Because I killed off all of the clones for the more sativa pheno.That plant is just a fussy eater and a small producer. I have yet to see that plant happy so I don't know this could be my fault. So I'm left with one set of descent female gene's and know I'm worried that I could herm even under perfect conditions. I'm gonna have to keep running misty for at least another 3 months until I can get my hands on something better.
So I'm pulling and I plan on doing a good scrub down after harvest. Is there anything else that can be done?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
It'll still be potent...that's genetic....
As I understand it....the pollen (if it's even viable) viability is only a week or so (not real sure...but this is what I was told in PM by a knowledgeable grower)
Some strains are just more sensitive to stressors....
Nothing else can be done far as I know....outside of environmental control and light proofing....

G

I had a bluemoonshine go hermie banannas on me at 35 days flower awhile back.. It released so much pollen that it looked as if a coke head had been storing his stash on my fan leaves.. I was sickened just about cut em all down..

I chose not 2 and boy was I happy in the end... I harvested 20ounces from 7 plants and there wasn't but maybe 30 seeds in the entire batch...The hermie musta been shootin blanks :confused:

Hope ya get a low seed count Dalton :wave:

Dalton

lol I hope I have a low seed count. In all aspects
Feeling much better now. I went back and read this whole thing to recap and in every post, I'm like a nuerotic nut. Yeah VT the HERB is still gonna be potent :) I definately have been making myself nuts w/this whole growing thing. Time to get back into my other hobbys and get some balance. Everything is looking real good right now. I'm staying on top of the bannanas and I see no signs of pollen. I am seeing alot of crystals forming and the pheno I kept Is really filling out nice :)
Once again thanks everyone for riding along w/ me and being really Helpfull.

Dalton

Hey whats up everybody!
I'm sharpening the scissors and drooling as I type
Iv'e been flushing for 4 days and tommorow it's chop time
heres some preharvest shots

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
:woohoo: Dalton

congratulations on the harvest man! it's looking pretty good in there.

have you chopped them down yet? enjoy the fruits...