What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco! Blumats! Seedlings! My first grow journal!

70/30 is my preferred ratio maybe even 65/35 :)

wet dry periods are for new transplants, seedlings die overnight in coco, if not kept moist.

If you let the coco get dry, it dicks up the ph, and is hell on the roots. Especially if you're adding perlite, they'll root just fine if you keep them moist, and water to a little runoff every day. Once the blumats are up and running just keep them moist with a constant slow, steady drip. I wouldn't recommend feeding above 1.4-1.5EC with blumats either. I run ~1.0EC(or less) for most of the grow:tiphat:

Yeah that's what I thought too, low-EC feeding is apparently the way to go with blumats... I can't wait for the show to really get started over here :biggrin:

So here I am with an nothing-much happening update again! The guys and gals keep steady growing up - the TK x ECDS bx2;s are somewhat smaller than the others, but such is life. Maybe they will catch up once i get the bigger pots and such fired up. That might take a week or such still because the grow shop I ordered my stuff from put my order on backorder :booked: I also seem to have a runt in there.

Overall a bit stressful week, weekend can't come soon enough.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 17
The grow shop I ordered from told me that the normal perlite mix was out of stock and sent me a perlite/guano/worm casting-enriched mix instead. How does this affect my grow? Less feed I'd guess? Happy easter everyone :)

The grow shop I ordered from told me that the normal perlite mix was out of stock and sent me a perlite/guano/worm casting-enriched mix instead. How does this affect my grow? Less feed I'd guess? Happy easter everyone :)

Botanicare readygrow aeration by chance? Use that at work, I do

It will just give them an organic boost at transplant, and willbe used up/lost in runoff by the end or third watering. That is assuming you get your blumats dialed in

CoCoSativas

Hey,

time for me to start my very first grow journal. I really hope this doesn't go to shit.

Soooooooo... this is the deal: this is my fourth grow overall, so all help is welcome. I've grown only in coco so far, with HESI nutrients, so I'm going to stick with it. What's going to be new is that I just placed an order on some blumats which have been producing tremendous results for everyone else so I thought it was high time for me to jump on the bandwagon. They should arrive any day now.

The strains for this grow are the following:

Cannaventure Cookie Wreck x ECSD (x11)
Cannaventure Triangle Kush x ECSD bx2 (x10)

and some failsafe femmed freebies:

CC Black Kush
HSO Chocolate Mint OG
Dinafem Purple Afghan Kush

Overall I popped 24 seeds straight into pure coco, and some four days later all but one had popped up and started growing leaves :) I also seem to have a trifoliate one?

Pics: seeds as i put them in the coir, a groupshot from a few days ago and the trifoliate baby. I'll try to put up better pictures from now on :laughing:

5* thread. Top rating!!! Ill keep watching cool genetic choices

CoCoSativas

Yeah that's what I thought too, low-EC feeding is apparently the way to go with blumats... I can't wait for the show to really get started over here :biggrin:

Low ec is better with blumats because its constant irrigation.

I preffer low ec period for coco, except for when i add pk boost, my ppm is 600 max, 200 of that is in the tap to start on average i add .8 ec of food, for a total 1.2 ec

Botanicare readygrow aeration by chance? Use that at work, I do

It will just give them an organic boost at transplant, and willbe used up/lost in runoff by the end or third watering. That is assuming you get your blumats dialed in

It's actually Ugro Superior Air or something like that... Ugro anyways, it's growth technology's coco brand. Been using their bricks so far, decided to do bagged coco now for a change :biggrin:

5* thread. Top rating!!! Ill keep watching cool genetic choices

Low ec is better with blumats because its constant irrigation.

I preffer low ec period for coco, except for when i add pk boost, my ppm is 600 max, 200 of that is in the tap to start on average i add .8 ec of food, for a total 1.2 ec

Thanks :biggrin: It'll get better once I get my order so I can properly pot them up :laughing: And thanks for the feed tip too! My tap water has barely anything in it, last time I checked it was 50-60ppmish with a freshly calibrated meter.

Ugro is the worst shit I've ever used.

Canna coco (straight) + add your own pearlite. For the win.

Ive tested initial runoff of a lot of coco bags. Outta the bag Ugro runoff is 1500ppm, canna is 125ppm.

Make sure you rinse it at least twice before using it...

Cyco coco was the second best I tested at about 250ppm out the bag

I highly recommend canna coco. Cocosativas will agree.

Ugro is the worst shit I've ever used.

Canna coco (straight) + add your own pearlite. For the win.

Ive tested initial runoff of a lot of coco bags. Outta the bag Ugro runoff is 1500ppm, canna is 125ppm.

Make sure you rinse it at least twice before using it...

Cyco coco was the second best I tested at about 250ppm out the bag

I highly recommend canna coco. Cocosativas will agree.

Oh man :laughing: :laughing: I'll do that. Thanks for the tip!

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Canna coco also contains trichoderma, i just learned that. Nice bonus. The brand i have available locally is pretty good, about the same price. Ill have to try canna bricks, that seems the cheapest option.

Canna coco also contains trichoderma, i just learned that. Nice bonus. The brand i have available locally is pretty good, about the same price. Ill have to try canna bricks, that seems the cheapest option.

From wiki:
Trichoderma is a naturally occurring fungus in coco peat; it works in symbiosis with plant roots to protect them from pathogenic fungi such as pythium. It is not present in sterilized coco peat. Trichoderma is also destroyed by hydrogen peroxide.[citation needed]

Pretty sure canna steams their coir, killing all everything, washed, then they re add ONLY trichoderma harzarium. This particular trichoderma has a beneficial effect on certain endomycorhizzae, especially - you guessed it - cannabis' favorite myco, glomus intraradices

Thanks everyone for chiming in :biggrin: Nice to see ya'll here.

Girls have really grown in past few days, and such, desperately need to be potted up. More room wouldn't hurt either, so I'll probably put up the tent as soon as my order arrives. So, hopefully these will be the last pictures from the closet and the next ones will be from my DR120 under 1200w of MH and HPS :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
Please don't put all 1200w up at once, your plants might dry up and burn.

I'd start with your mh like 3-4 feet up, work the hps in Lil by Lil as they grow bigger.

Please don't put all 1200w up at once, your plants might dry up and burn.

I'd start with your mh like 3-4 feet up, work the hps in Lil by Lil as they grow bigger.

Yup, that's what I thought too. Plus I think that in my case 1200w is over the point of diminishing returns in veg, flower is of course a completely different story...

Just a lil update: my order finally shipped today. I should be getting my stuff by the end of the week! I'm really excited about this grow!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts