What's new

COCO, BLUMATS AND VEG+BLOOM. 1 GPW GOAL. GAME ON!

Rampant

Hi Desert, nice thread. I just ordered a mini hydrometer, wondered if you have a link for the "a perfect cure everytime" thread, i cant seem to find it. Many thanks :)

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Ever sort that bulb/ballast issue?

Might be the Digilux. Buddy of mine is raving about them after switching over from Hortilux however he has had a few failures in short time that required a swap from the hydro shop.

The output ratings on these lamps looks too good to be true. 95k lumens on the 600w vs. the 88k out of the EYE.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
FF i was in my room the other night and you know that point when central ac kicks on on everything kinda flickers for a split second, well that happened and the lights went off but my ac is not running. could be the draw from the water heater that caused the fluctuation?? idk anyways i moved the lights to their own circuit with just the 2 600's on it and it hasnt happened since. i think i was coming close to the amp limit and when something of large draw came in they would surge.

rampant- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237
but the whole point is to slow dry, then jar it up with the hygrometer. you dont want anything over 70rh and you want to SLOWLY drop from 70 to the 50-60 range. i have found right at 60 to be the sweet spot. they said 50 is for long term storage. this shit wreaks the whole house up even after being sent through an automatic trimmer which is supposed to kill some of the smell. i havent noticed that as of yet lol

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Yea.. large draw can cause electronics not to fire if the power is being used elsewhere.

I've had perfectly OK t5s not light up when the circuit was overloaded. It wouldnt blow the breaker, just not allow the lights to light.

Glad you sorted it out. Got some V+B samples on deck.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
not much to see here. i wish i could speed things up for all of our benefit lol. cant wait to see some final results with this veg + bloom and see if it lives up to the hype. so far its great. just got gifted some ak clones since my mom is not up to size yet. next run i am going to run equal amounts of each strain and see what i like best and then focus on mainly that one and a few of the others.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 8

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i moved some plants around. the lights are as high as they can be and the tops were still getting too close lol. can you say COLAS??? lol im gonna have some two footers i cant tell if i mislabeled one of my plants or if all the LST'ing and MILD defoliation stunted it pretty badly. if it is the strain its supposed to be then its about 2 weeks behind because of the stress. oh well as long as it catches up i guess.

nutes are working well. ive got silica on the way. i was told that is the one and only thing that you should really add in to your v+b lineup which is great since it works as a ph up anyways and i always need to add just a tiny bit of ph up so now i can skip the ph'ing and add something beneficial that raises the ph to proper level too! gonna be running 3-5 ml per gal as well as mixing in DE into my coco from now on. i also think im gonna stop adding in hydroton into the coco. i think it reduces the contact with the ceramic and the coco and leads to dripper issues. i havent had anything bad happen i just have to adjust once in a while which is fine and still much easier than hand watering by far so i cant complain :)

next run i am gonna run a 1200w SOG and 600w vert scrog where i will flower my mothers! that should be epic. ive been doing some reading on the vert forums so i figure i will devote one light to it and see how it goes and see which GPW is better. stay tuned!

edit..... i can already tell i will be nowhere near 1 GPW goal. kinda sucks but i vegged them too big and they got very unmanagable. thats why next round im gonna do a 2 week veg SOG with AK, tsi fly, critical kush, herijuana and sweet tooth.

Attachments

• PB040642.JPG
    PB040642.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 9

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my main computer crashed. im waiting on a new power supply which should be in tomorrow and then i will get some more shit up. i cant wait to finish this run up and start the SOG and vert up :)

Rampant

Hi Desert, the blumats sound interesting, i am sick of hand watering the vegging plants every day, takes up so much time.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
blumats are great but they also have their own drawbacks as well. read the main blumat thread thats like 100+ pages and you see all the goods and bads. once you get em dialed in they are swesome.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
the silica and fan showed up yesterday and i still havent put up the fan yet. i will get to that tomorrow some time. im gonna build an insulated box for it i thihk because its load as shit. thats what i get for getting a cheapy lol.

the silica is cool. when i use the reccomended dose it makes my ph sit right at 6 flat. perfect! i have also mixed DE into my coco for the next runs as well. no silica shortage from here on out lol. i'll get some pics of the new ventilation and whatnot tomorrow.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
still havent even put the fan/filter up. i got the flu pretty bad and i havent been doing shit except playing halo 4. i might have the strength to do it today i just dont know if im up to building a a custom wooden box for the fan to keep the noise down.

the buds seem to be packing on pretty nicely right now. if this continues i should do pretty good. i am lowering the nutes just a tad down to 1.6-1.7 since i am starting to see a tiny bit of tip burn. they all look nice and healthy and with the winter temps outside the room stays perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 10

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i believe my tip burn is from low rh and not the nutes. i was only at 1.8 ec which should be fine. i was looking into low rh problems and it listed necrosis of the leaf tips and wilt which i have wilt in the veg tent and a tiny bit of burnt tips in flower and they are on the same feed.
ive stopped bringing in outside air because my rh is super low(teens) and i think its affecting growth. the temps are fine now in the 70's all the time as is so thats under control thanks to the winter chill. i put up a warm mist humididfier to see if it will keep my rh at 50%. its plugged into my sentinel so we will see. i might need a couple for that size of a room lol.

ps i wanted to ask advice about flowerin my moms. ive never dealt with such large plants before and i dont know how i should do it. im thinking about bare bulbing it in the center of them and doing a v scrog. the rest of the room will stay SOG with 1-2 week veg. i will veg my ak 3-4 weeks since it doesnt stretch much at all.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think ive seen too many of picos threads lol.....

so i had some pvc laying around and got to work on my v scrog for my mothers. im not gonna bare bulb it i dont think but we will see how it goes. it will be easier for me just to leave the reflector setup as-is for now. i dont wanna tear apart my setup for now.

ive had a change of heart lol. i think im only gonna keep the tsi fly, ak and sweet tooth. im gonna drop the herijuana for lack of taste and smell. i feel bad because the stone is top notch indica but idk. its like giving a child up for adoption. its a pretty tough choice. the critical kush is good, but its not tsi fly good. from now on all things i grow will be compared to her and those are some big shoes to fill.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 9

lvtokerr

lookin nice bro. i'm also battling low rH. I'm thinking I may need a swamp cooler to make enough humidity for my room. ill be watching to see how you fix the low rH.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think i might try and make something and get all DIY. then again im stoned right now and i will probably procrastinate or just forget all together lol

gdbud

I run blumats in a cabinet grow using a 400 watt light using GH flora micro and bloom the last grow I achieved 0.92 grams/watt. right now I'm looking at using Veg+Bloom for my next grow so I will be keeping an eye on this thread.