What's new

COCO, BLUMATS AND VEG+BLOOM. 1 GPW GOAL. GAME ON!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so now that ive sorted through my seed runs and found my stable keepers its time to move ahead full speed. all of my keeper are 1/4 lb capable untrained and untopped from the seed run so with proper tactics i should do well with these. the strains are: Mosca negra tsi fly and sweet tooth, S@nnies herijuana, barneys farm critical kush and female seeds AK47. this is still a getting to know you type run lol. new nutrients that i hope will do well and be hassle free and only 6 of my plants are of full size at the flip. i squeezed in quite a few clones that i didnt want to kill off and didnt really need. these were all multi potted with several(2-4) in each 3 gal pot. im going to wrap the pots in plastic netting supported by stakes and scrog the branches into the support net. i think they will do quite well since they are mostly branchy stretchers. as of right now im only running 2 600's but when they fill in more i may light up the third or wait to my next veg round is done. one 600 hps and one 600 red spec mh. gonna run only red spec mh from now on. Blumats are plumbed into a brute trash can with 3/4" feed line and kent system barbs. i hope veg + bloom holds up to the hype. if not ive got all my house and garden as back up lol.

anyways ive never hit 1GPW. ive gotten close but not lately since they have been all seed runs looking for the unicorn lol. now ive got 5 heavy hitters and i should get damn close if not hit the mark. here's a pic of the strain line up. it goes tsi fly 1 and 2(2 is the keeper) s@nnies herijuana, fms ak47, bottom left is critical kush and bottom right is moscas sweet tooth.

inthe back of the flower pic theres a few fms white widowxbig bud finishing up. they didnt quite make the cut but are still pretty good. smell very blueverryish and soured fruit.

and a tip for anyone who is having problems curing their stuff: get some little digital hygrometers and put em in your jars. theres a great thread called "a perfect cure everytime" i think. it takes all the guess work out of it and as you slowly get em down to the proper range...watch out! i cant even open my jars without stanking up the whole house lol. my tsi fly and sweet tooth smell out of this world. just disgustingly awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 14
Sounds like you've done some nice prep for this run. I've always wanted to buy a bunch of seeds and try to find some bomb phenos of stuff that I don't see around much.
Good luck the GPW Goal I'm sure you don't need it!

DocCrow

new nutrients that i hope will do well and be hassle free

Looks promising. A lot of guys on here are using only Jacks Hydroponics and Jacks Cal Nit through the whole grow in coco and having incredible hassle free results in t he PPK systems. You should check them out, ImaginaryFriend, OldOne, and Delta9nxs all have awesome threads on the subject. Plus the nutes are cheap, like $25 bucks for a 5 lb bag. Your setup looks awesome though.

Have you run the FMS ak-47 before? I have some en route right now, that I cant wait to pop.

DC

jerryoconnell

Pulling up a chair:lurk:

Was interested in the blumat system pulled the trigger after following your last grow. Interested in the herijuana heard many good things about it considering running a few seeds looking for a heavy body narcotic stone.

Grow on!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Looks promising. A lot of guys on here are using only Jacks Hydroponics and Jacks Cal Nit through the whole grow in coco and having incredible hassle free results in t he PPK systems. You should check them out, ImaginaryFriend, OldOne, and Delta9nxs all have awesome threads on the subject. Plus the nutes are cheap, like $25 bucks for a 5 lb bag. Your setup looks awesome though.

Have you run the FMS ak-47 before? I have some en route right now, that I cant wait to pop.

DC
there are some bad ass phenos to be found in there. i kept the short bushy one that finishes at about 60 days. baked potatoe size top bud and then good solid side nugs of straight fire. i have nothing but good things to say about it. it smells so raunchy and amazing. coffee, cheese skunk. its great and they just glisten in the light. if you get a good pheno(which isnt hard) and you take good care of her you will have some of the best hybrid smoke around.

Attachments

• AK.jpg
    AK.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Pulling up a chair:lurk:

Was interested in the blumat system pulled the trigger after following your last grow. Interested in the herijuana heard many good things about it considering running a few seeds looking for a heavy body narcotic stone.

Grow on!
herijuana is AMAZING! i still have 5 seeds left i wanna pop so i can pheno hunt some more or breed to make more. anything ive gotten from s@nnie has been great. i want to snag some jackberry when i get time and room. too much going on at the moment. i still have chemmy jones and some sssdh i need to pop lol

the first pic is herijuana and the rest are killingfields as well as my avatar. some of my best times stoned were halloween last year around a fire watching a shitty horror movie on a projector on the side of a buddies house and half of us killed a phatty killingfields joint and laughed til we cried lol

Attachments

• IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 12
  • HERIJUANA.jpg
    HERIJUANA.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 11

DocCrow

there are some bad ass phenos to be found in there. i kept the short bushy one that finishes at about 60 days. baked potatoe size top bud and then good solid side nugs of straight fire. i have nothing but good things to say about it. it smells so raunchy and amazing. coffee, cheese skunk. its great and they just glisten in the light. if you get a good pheno(which isnt hard) and you take good care of her you will have some of the best hybrid smoke around.

Awesome! I need some good keeper moms for my perpetual sog!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
lights came on soooooooo.......they are already reaching for the sky! looking good. and as you can see even though this is my fifth of sixth blumat run i still make some dummy mistakes. i broke a couple rules while setting these up so i figure i will let you know what i did and how to avoid it lol.

1. never put more fluid in your res than your pond liner can handle lol. thankfully i caught it quick but i probably dumped a few gallons in the liner lol. gotta love the safety of thick ass pond liner haha. once your shit is dialed it is safe to fill her up. id say wait at least a week or so. they have never failed on me except i clogged em up running some kelp extracts and gunky additives. dont do this btw. not a good idea. i'll save this for number 3 haha

2. when setting up your blumats for the first time it really helps to hand water to the level of wetness you would like your coco to be and then install your soaked and filled blumat carrots and let them sit for a day or at least 8-12 hours should be good. this is where i messed up and almost ran into rule number one! lol. by doing this step you allow the ceramic cone to expand/contract to the level of wetness of your coco.

when you first set them up you are supposed to fill and soak them for an hour to hydrate the cone. when you first install them the cone will be much more wet then the coco around it. the blumat can be dialed to a clinging droplet but as the moisture equalizes the cone dries and opens the valve ever so slightly causing the flow to open up. i just plopped them in there and set them and rechecked an hour later. i thought they were fine but they were not! easy fix, take your time and set up proper lol.

these things will make you seriously lazy. if you thought you were lax before just wait til they are running themselves and you start thinking "i can leave for a few days or more". there is initial distrust but once you dial them in you will become a believer in free time again lol. ive left for a week or more at a time thinking i would come home to a disaster only to find the happiest looking plants ive ever seen. they work.

3. where were we........ ah, additives. dont do it! lol stay away from all the gunky organic shit. if you want it then mix it up separate and hand water. no, hand watering wont hurt the cycle. the blumats will sense the extra moisture and close off til they get back to where they need to water agian.

4. probably one of the most important things and hands down the easiest way when first dialing in is to put a saucer under each pot. if one runs a little you will know which one right away and be able to correct. you might not think that it would be that hard but when u have 15 gal of nutes in the bottom of the tent and they are all sittting in it and soaking it up its damn near impossible to tell which was the dirty little bastard that has caused you to now make more slow ass RO water and remake your entire res lol........ its happened. tents are great with their double lined bottoms. saved my ass many times :)

i think thats it for the educational segment of this post haha.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
mehhhh after all that i forgot the pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 11

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so my veg + bloom showed up in two days :) its nice being close. i cant speak for results as of yet but i will say im running at 3/4 strength with only drip clean added and i hit on 6ph dead on. i just throw a big submersible in the res and get it churning and then SLOWLY sprinkle in the powder. soon i wont even bother to check ph anymore. from what i hear it doesnt swing at all since its in a drip system dtw

Desert Hydro

Veteran
small updates. everything is responding nicely to the transplant/switch to flower. the strecth has begun! the nutes seem to be doing great. no drift in Ph yet.

i am going to start planning/designing a V stadium but i was wondering if anyone has experience running blumats in an elevated pots in a stadium? do i have to be the pioneer?

i was thinking of simply splitting the main feed line into two with a "T" barb so i can have a high and a low line. the high line i would split into two again with a left and a right side.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 12

Tyga

Veteran
Ps. PH will drift.... I know mine does a little bit. Yours might not but make sure to keep an eye on it just in case! Mine was also PH perfect for a while... now its not haha. All the veggers get 5.5Gram/gal and drops my ph to 4.5 so then I need to adjust.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ps. PH will drift.... I know mine does a little bit. Yours might not but make sure to keep an eye on it just in case! Mine was also PH perfect for a while... now its not haha. All the veggers get 5.5Gram/gal and drops my ph to 4.5 so then I need to adjust.

Tag this show good luck!

Tyga your ph drops too 4.5 are you sure that is calibrated? Mine is usually dead on 5.8 - 6.0 after a fresh mix of vb. Like op no adjustment needed.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my ph is 5.8-6.0 on the dot every time. i think i will do what rives suggested and start it around 5.5 ish and let it slowly drift to 6.3 and then bring it back down to optimize uptake of all vital nutrients

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i forgot to tell you guys i just ordered s@nnies jackberry and flying dutchmen pot of gold today. im real excited for those two as well as my SSSDH and chemmy jones seeds i have and need to pop. gonna have too many to know what to do with lol

and my order from s@nnie is coming with a killingfields cross. KF X katzu kush? not real sure what the kush is but any KF is BOMB. thats whats in my avatar and my old purple grows. lost my moms due to bugs a while back :( between the jackberry and KF cross im gonna have some more purple in my garden yet again :)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my ph is 5.8-6.0 on the dot every time. i think i will do what rives suggested and start it around 5.5 ish and let it slowly drift to 6.3 and then bring it back down to optimize uptake of all vital nutrients

DH, this is actually the opposite of what mine does - it drifts down over time. I think it may be because of the DTW aspect, because it is the opposite of what I would expect.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
good to know i had that backwards lol :)

anyways i found a pick of some jackberry on the opengrow forums this is 4FourHorseman's pic not mine. gonna be a real pleasure to run i think

Attachments

• gallery_2984_2011_76811.jpg
    gallery_2984_2011_76811.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 10

Tyga

Veteran
Tag this show good luck!

Tyga your ph drops too 4.5 are you sure that is calibrated? Mine is usually dead on 5.8 - 6.0 after a fresh mix of vb. Like op no adjustment needed.

Positive.. Bluelab Ph pen which is calibrated once every 2 weeks. If my PH was off by 1.3 then that means my coco girls would be being hit with a 7+ PH and I would imagine be very sick.. Which they arent haha.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
a huge difference between transplant day and now already. its crazy. i think i can bump up the feed a bit to a full tsp/gal now as i am gonna start flushing the white widow x big buds. all is well.

the last pic is of the quadruple potted herijuana clones making a nice little bush. they look like they are ready for more food :)

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG