What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coastal Seed Co Oaxacan Colombian

JockBudman

For what it's worth...

The description of oaxcan X Colombian sounds a lot like red snake which is oaxcan X punto rojo. Flower times range from 10-20 weeks, although I mainly grow from a batch made by @bleepboop using a 10 week mother (still really need to break the habit and run some from the longer side of the stash)

Is it hybridised? Who knows - doesn't feel that way to me but a selection of photos from grows over the last year or so are below for any who want a look

View media item 18715455
View media item 18715069
View media item 18715071
View media item 18710583
View media item 18710584

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I have no Earthly idea why someone that has a supposed Colombian Gold; a true, non-hybridized CG, would cross it to a weak, way indoor and inbred Oldtimer Haze.

I would not weaken a true Colombian Gold in order to rehabilitate an Old Timer Haze.

Now if maybe thats all the person had to work with well...necessity is the mother of invention.

Hello Lugo:tiphat:

Both Colombian Gold 72 and Oth are plants that have been reproduced for generations indoors.

When I saw Colombian Gold 72 I saw that it suffered a great lack of vigor and in addition a genotype of less than 60 days of flowering was found. I don't know what it was but that wasn't Colombian Gold 72.

I have had several Colombian varieties and in addition to the genetic analyzes in my opinion OTH is related to old Colombians that is why the OTH males were used to refresh the line, in addition to the fact that no Colombian Gold 72 males were found since there were not many seeds and All the weak plants were eliminated and only females remained.

OTH I also saw inbreeding depression, plants with little vigor, no resin, weak effect, small plants....But all that was eliminated and both female and male champion plants were selected.

I know OTH well since a large number of plants were examined.

Since no Colombian Gold 72 males were found, OTH was used to give new blood and revitalize the line.

As I say, OTH is more extreme-wild than Colombian Gold 72, at least what I have seen and in my opinion Colombian Gold 72 has improved compared to what I found.

In both OTH and Colombian gold 72, the best was selected, with the best effect, more resin, more vigor and more NLD plants.

I leave a photo of Colombian Gold 72 comparing genotypes.

While one had quite a bit of flowering, the other did not even show the sex.

Athena (Colombian gold 72 x OTH) is a great variety that I recommend trying.:dance013:

Attachments

• C.GOLD 72.jpg
    C.GOLD 72.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 56
  • OTH Purple.jpg
    OTH Purple.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 53
  • OTH Purple 3.jpg
    OTH Purple 3.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 50
  • OTH Purple 2.jpg
    OTH Purple 2.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 52
  • OTH Green.jpg
    OTH Green.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 47
  • OTH Green 4.jpg
    OTH Green 4.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 50
  • OTH Green 3.jpg
    OTH Green 3.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 54

RobFromTX

Both Colombian Gold 72 and Oth are plants that have been reproduced for generations indoors.

When I saw Colombian Gold 72 I saw that it suffered a great lack of vigor and in addition a genotype of less than 60 days of flowering was found. I don't know what it was but that wasn't Colombian Gold 72.

I have had several Colombian varieties and in addition to the genetic analyzes in my opinion OTH is related to old Colombians that is why the OTH males were used to refresh the line, in addition to the fact that no Colombian Gold 72 males were found since there were not many seeds and All the weak plants were eliminated and only females remained.

OTH I also saw inbreeding depression, plants with little vigor, no resin, weak effect, small plants....But all that was eliminated and both female and male champion plants were selected.

Since no Colombian Gold 72 males were found, OTH was used to give new blood and revitalize the line.

As I say, OTH is more extreme-wild than Colombian Gold 72, at least what I have seen and in my opinion Colombian Gold 72 has improved compared to what I found.

In both OTH and Colombian gold 72, the best was selected, with the best effect, more resin, more vigor and more NLD plants.

Athena (Colombian gold 72 x OTH) is a great variety that I recommend trying.:dance013:
Thanks for the details friend. An exciting sounding cross for sure

Lugo

Veteran

Hey thanks for the feedback!

I'd still insist that some "wildcaught" but verified, Sun grown landrace being introduced would be a no fail on either side unless like I said and you mentioned as well, the OTH has something special for you, which I can totally dig.

These plants sometimes carry the energy of all the people that have kept them around and that alone makes them unique.

Its just the business end that irks me lol

✌️💀🌺

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Hey thanks for the feedback!

I'd still insist that some "wildcaught" but verified, Sun grown landrace being introduced would be a no fail on either side unless like I said and you mentioned as well, the OTH has something special for you, which I can totally dig.

These plants sometimes carry the energy of all the people that have kept them around and that alone makes them unique.

Its just the business end that irks me lol

✌️💀🌺
That would be ideal. Add new blood from a local variety that has not been hybridized with short flowering plants.

But that's hard to find these days...

funkyhorse

Many things to comment
More than half thread is offtopic, very interesting offtopics
I look at post 37. How many people and how many plants involved in doing that?

Then I see post 39. I bought Mangobiche CBG 35 euros per pack of 10 seeds, it means 3,5 euro a seed.
These people dont post pics and request 5,70u$s per seed on a repro.
How come a repro is more expensive than the original??? Forget about the quality. How come they are worth so much money?

@PandoraSeedBank
Very interesting what you post. I am not a commercial grower, I just grow for fun and the seed I make is for myself, so sometimes my point of view is conflicting with commercial interests.
I dont know how long it will last this hobby but I have fun while it lasts

I grew CG72 and everything is posted on the CG72 thread
I grew it outdoors in a greenhouse. Buds look different outdoors
I had 8 females, one of them trifoliate mutant which was faster than the rest and 1 male. You comment no males. Very interesting. How many females you had? I had one purple, I see more than one purple picture from yours. How many purples you had?
I suspect JGL reproduced with a reversed plant or some kind of magic like that
I made seed.
The CG72 x CG72 cross gave clear inbreeding depression, foxtails and pearls with low productivity

¨Double California¨: Seedsman Haze x CG72. Both strains come from California. CG72 was sent from Usa probably California to Spain Cannabiogen in 2010. Why would they call it colombian? Why 72?
Good vigor and decent yield matching parents for Double california

I crossed (Seedsman Haze x Ohz90) x CG72 and vice versa
Foxtails and low productivity

Northern Thai 2008 x CG72
This one by far was the best cross done with CG72. One of the plants was intersex and culled.
It gave a monster plant, very productive with a better high than CG72

If you still have the CG72 clones, try sourcing some decent landrace pure race males to pollinize them. But they are not short flowering times and outdoors CG72 is not that long flowering, it finnishes around 2-3 weeks before the winter solstice.

I had a few plants Oldtimer Haze I made seed with and tried. The male progeny is not stable, phenos all over the place and inbreeding depression. Did you try the progeny of your cross?

bleepboop

For what it's worth...

The description of oaxcan X Colombian sounds a lot like red snake which is oaxcan X punto rojo. Flower times range from 10-20 weeks, although I mainly grow from a batch made by @bleepboop using a 10 week mother (still really need to break the habit and run some from the longer side of the stash)

Is it hybridised? Who knows - doesn't feel that way to me but a selection of photos from grows over the last year or so are below for any who want a look

Absolutely mate, when i first clocked this thread and checked out the listing for it - they looked very familiar structurally.
Cannabiogen Redsnake 79 Oaxacan x Tolima Columbian

full

full

full

full

JockBudman

Absolutely mate, when i first clocked this thread and checked out the listing for it - they looked very familiar structurally.
Cannabiogen Redsnake 79 Oaxacan x Tolima Columbian

full

full

full

full
Just the most sexy of lines...

I've chucked another 3 on to germ because I can't seem to countenance doing a grow without them, even though I was going to skip them this round. Nope, I need my snakes in the jar.There's one popping up already so they're still vigorous after a few years in the fridge.

Anyway, to get back on topic, if the coastal seed co line is anything like the red snake it will be worth running. I can't see how this pairing could go wrong really, it's two classic sativa lines with a great combined high.

RobFromTX

Many things to comment

Then I see post 39. I bought Mangobiche CBG 35 euros per pack of 10 seeds, it means 3,5 euro a seed.
How come a repro is more expensive than the original??? Forget about the quality. How come they are worth so much money?

@PandoraSeedBank
Very interesting what you post. I am not a commercial grower, I just grow for fun and the seed I make is for myself, so sometimes my point of view is conflicting with commercial interests.

I had 8 females, one of them trifoliate mutant which was faster than the rest and 1 male. You comment no males. Very interesting. How many females you had? I had one purple, I see more than one purple picture from yours. How many purples you had?
I made seed.
The CG72 x CG72 cross gave clear inbreeding depression, foxtails and pearls with low productivity

¨Double California¨: Seedsman Haze x CG72. Both strains come from California. CG72 was sent from Usa probably California to Spain Cannabiogen in 2010. Why would they call it colombian? Why 72?

This one by far was the best cross done with CG72. One of the plants was intersex and culled.

If you still have the CG72 clones, try sourcing some decent landrace pure race males to pollinize them. But they are not short flowering times and outdoors CG72 is not that long flowering, it finnishes around 2-3 weeks before the winter solstice.

I had a few plants Oldtimer Haze I made seed with and tried. The male progeny is not stable, phenos all over the place and inbreeding depression. Did you try the progeny of your cross?

You grew the original CG72 from Underground or was it from a different source? I believe the purple phenos he has posted are of the OTH he used in the cross

Youre right about things going off topic. I should have called it the colombian by default thread :D

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Many things to comment

@PandoraSeedBank

I made seed.

Hello Funkyhorse.

As I said, this variety suffered from a very very high lack of vigor, many plants were eliminated in growth, they were not even able to stand on their own, they bent to the ground.
So they were killed without mercy.

Then only a few plants remained and they were all female. No male. To make Athena, the best female of all was used.
Luckily, a great plant came out with good vigor, good resin and aroma and above all a good effect.

More females could have been used but I prefer to use only one good one and not include plants with a lack of vigor, without resin, without odor, with a weak effect, hermaphrodites...
Only the best.

NO purple flowers were found. The photos I've uploaded of purple plants is OTH.

Sorry for diverting the post. Now let's get back to the main topic.

All the best.:tiphat:

RobFromTX

Well i placed an order for some CG72 and Mangobiche from Underground Seeds 10 days ago and, while they were quite responsive until i sent payment, I haven't heard a thing from them since then. They didn't even respond to the follow up email I put up a few days ago. I don't understand why folks like this think its okay to take someones money and just leave them hanging in the wind like that. Lessons learned. Last time i go through private channels to buy seeds

Last edited:

cbotany

Well i placed an order for some CG72 and Mangobiche from Underground Seeds 10 days ago and, while they were quite responsive until i sent payment, I haven't heard a thing from them since then. They didn't even respond to the follow up email I put up a few days ago. I don't understand why folks like this think its okay to take someones money and just leave them hanging in the wind like that. Lessons learned. Last time i go through private channels to buy seeds
They're probably at the convention in spain, and getting hounded by orders, I've never had them fall through

RobFromTX

They're probably at the convention in spain, and getting hounded by orders, I've never had them fall through

Okay so they're hung up. But is it so hard to send a brief email explaining that? Its a sloppy way to do business. I'm glad you've had luck with them but its the first and last time they get my money

BC LONE WOLF

This thread is very good and thanks to all of you that put information in here. Colombian varieties are in high demand again, and true Oaxacan has been my "white whale" for some time.

I take extreme precaution anyone selling Pure or True Oaxacan, I think that thats even harder to find than true Colombian. I kinda gave up sourcing Oaxaca, maybe one day I will go to Oaxaca and find something...

What do you guys thinks about hippie genetics, I know the story is hard to digest (seeds inherited from dad from a 70s bail of imported weed...), but the grow shown around the pheno looks legit Colombian. If its repro from someone or a legit story is another deal. Could be worth trying.

I find it interesting to not find males on a certain line, I would credit that to a possible self pollinated aka intersex female, then the progeny would have a higher rate of females. Which could explain why certain Colombians are now looking the same, like same phenotype within a Heirloom/landrace genotype?? sounds like a worked line. I haven't got any identical phenos and I am working with some landrace varieties. A true landrace genotype should have lots of variants result of open pollination, from my pov and results obtained.

Question for Lugo, are you the one working with Zomia?
Zomia is supposed to do a Colombian drop this year, that could be great as well.

hey Rob any news from the seeds??

☮️

edit; from that MBx60sLB I popped 3 seeds, I had 2 males and that one female I have posted pics. I didn't like the males they showed BroadLeaf traits and I was out of space so had to let them go. I don't regret the decision but proofs that males should be in a line specially if regulars. I also think this line has been worked to certain extent specially the Lambsbread side. Swami don't say anything about the source of his Mangobiche, could it be he repro from Cannabiogen?? who knows...
our collective still holds a couple more beans of this kind. I yet to smoke it to see effects, still drying.

0C7AAFE6-57ED-4390-AF0B-A260FCE9F914.jpeg
7BE7EB9C-9015-476D-9B46-E1283E33872B.jpeg
B42D90A8-56A8-44D9-908D-E6D28CCE943C.jpeg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

This thread is very good and thanks to all of you that put information in here. Colombian varieties are in high demand again, and true Oaxacan has been my "white whale" for some time.

I take extreme precaution anyone selling Pure or True Oaxacan, I think that thats even harder to find than true Colombian. I kinda gave up sourcing Oaxaca, maybe one day I will go to Oaxaca and find something...

What do you guys thinks about hippie genetics, I know the story is hard to digest (seeds inherited from dad from a 70s bail of imported weed...), but the grow shown around the pheno looks legit Colombian. If its repro from someone or a legit story is another deal. Could be worth trying.

I find it interesting to not find males on a certain line, I would credit that to a possible self pollinated aka intersex female, then the progeny would have a higher rate of females. Which could explain why certain Colombians are now looking the same, like same phenotype within a Heirloom/landrace genotype?? sounds like a worked line. I haven't got any identical phenos and I am working with some landrace varieties. A true landrace genotype should have lots of variants result of open pollination, from my pov and results obtained.

Question for Lugo, are you the one working with Zomia?
Zomia is supposed to do a Colombian drop this year, that could be great as well.

hey Rob any news from the seeds??

☮️

edit; from that MBx60sLB I popped 3 seeds, I had 2 males and that one female I have posted pics. I didn't like the males they showed BroadLeaf traits and I was out of space so had to let them go. I don't regret the decision but proofs that males should be in a line specially if regulars. I also think this line has been worked to certain extent specially the Lambsbread side. Swami don't say anything about the source of his Mangobiche, could it be he repro from Cannabiogen?? who knows...
our collective still holds a couple more beans of this kind. I yet to smoke it to see effects, still drying.

View attachment 18974132 View attachment 18974133 View attachment 18974134

Ive heard good things about hippie cannabis genetics. No seeds yet but im not going to play cat and mouse with these guys either. I'll just cut my losses and move on. Zomias got some nice looking strains. Im looking forward to Lugos seed drop too (y)

BC LONE WOLF

Ive heard good things about hippie cannabis genetics. No seeds yet but im not going to play cat and mouse with these guys either. I'll just cut my losses and move on. Zomias got some nice looking strains. Im looking forward to Lugos seed drop too (y)

Terrible review for this company if they pull that BS move

Lugo

Veteran
I'm confused. If the Columbian is Lugos, I'm assuming it's pure. Does anyone know the bacground of Rasta Luis' Mexican (the suspected hybrid?)
Well ive heard of Rasta Luis' Mexicans getting out to Hawaii but really haven't seen a plant.

Any references appreciated!

Latest posts

Latest posts