What's new

Coastal Seed Co Oaxacan Colombian

BC LONE WOLF

I gotta agree with the statement; "pure sativas will not flower in 10 weeks", that is a hybrid.
Specially coming from Colombia where natural day is almost 12/12 perpetually, native genetics would take longer because they can.

First red flag is 10 weeks flower, second mayor red flag misspelling the source of origin COLOMBIA.

BC LONE WOLF

I thought I had found his website but apparently its the "gascanistan" seedbank, which ive learned is quite different. Is there a legit way to order Swami gear online?
He answer by email, honestly one ofour collective member in the US order the seeds and he answered just a couple questions. Payment was done and the seeds did take several weeks but arrived and I show his MBx60sLB he wasn't lying about the genetics being authentic. Now if he just repro from someone else that mango biche I would not know, he did repro the LB from the vibes collective and sells it pure...

If you can put all that aside, Swami got the genetics for sure, he just not mainstream from my pov.

He is pretty active on his IG...

I just happen to grow his MBxLB and its fire man, and I will keep it around. Respect to everyone else that has these genetics and works with them.

RobFromTX

Has anybody here ran the Underground Colombian Gold '72? Ive heard some good things about that seedbank. Found a cross by Pandora

Lugo

Veteran
Has anybody here ran the Underground Colombian Gold 72'. Ive heard some good things about that seedbank. Found a cross by Pandora

I have no Earthly idea why someone that has a supposed Colombian Gold; a true, non-hybridized CG, would cross it to a weak, way indoor and inbred Oldtimer Haze.

I would not weaken a true Colombian Gold in order to rehabilitate an Old Timer Haze.

Now if maybe thats all the person had to work with well...necessity is the mother of invention.

Attachments

• received_745762737478297.jpeg
    received_745762737478297.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 46

RobFromTX

I have no Earthly idea why someone that has a supposed Colombian Gold; a true, non-hybridized CG, would cross it to a weak, way indoor and inbred Oldtimer Haze.

I would not weaken a true Colombian Gold in order to rehabilitate an Old Timer Haze.

Now if maybe thats all the person had to work with well...necessity is the mother of invention.

Thats some nice looking golden bud Lugo :love: . I had heard good things about their colombian gold but i cant find it online. Maybe they called it quits. I never grew the OTH but my friend did, from Ace Seeds. It had a nice buzz but definitely didn't last long. medium strength

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Theres a si

I'm quite aware but...between firemen we don't step on eachothers hoses.

I believe that Kiona has a "the buck stops here" breeder and selector so those end of the line efforts are work and more than valid 🙏

But the sourcing could be so much better!

Respect to all the work!
Yup, Zamalito is his forum name

Lugo

Veteran
Thats some nice looking golden bud Lugo :love: . I had heard good things about their colombian gold but i cant find it online. Maybe they called it quits. I never grew the OTH but my friend did, from Ace Seeds. It had a nice buzz but definitely didn't last long. medium strength
Well I understand why people cherish their old lines for sure but if they only realized it would take just one male to freshen them up. They'd be wise to make note of it in the lineage and would be thrilled to see their classic invigorated.

Or at least try it and compare.

I have a friend thats been growing a solid CG indoors for a few generations and you can see how weak it is being grown indoors and in a pretty rough winter climate generation after generation.

I advised him years ago to introduce a fresh, point of origin Colombian Gold male or even just the pollen and then look at the difference in progeny. Do that every 4-5 generations or even less and your CG will be way more vigorous and attractive.

Of course my friend did not copy 🤦

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

cbotany

Well I understand why people cherish their old lines for sure but if they only realized it would take just one male to freshen them up. They'd be wise to make note of it in the lineage and would be thrilled to see their classic invigorated.

Or at least try it and compare.

I have a friend thats been growing a solid CG indoors for a few generations and you can see how weak it is being grown indoors and in a pretty rough winter climate generation after generation.

I advised him years ago to introduce a fresh, point of origin Colombian Gold male or even just the pollen and then look at the difference in progeny. Do that every 4-5 generations or even less and your CG will be way more vigorous and attractive.

Of course my friend did not copy 🤦

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I'm going to donate seeds to a member who can be more public about their breeding/growing, hopefully he will journal it on here. I've given him some advice on landrace sativas and feeding as well, he seems up for the job

cbotany

Has anybody here ran the Underground Colombian Gold '72? Ive heard some good things about that seedbank. Found a cross by Pandora

I'm kinda just saying what I said in the last post, I'm gonna donate some seeds and hopefully he jorunals, the guys from that seed company are very nice and I've been dealing with them for years, one of the few seed companies I promote.

RobFromTX

I'm kinda just saying what I said in the last post, I'm gonna donate some seeds and hopefully he jorunals, the guys from that seed company are very nice and I've been dealing with them for years, one of the few seed companies I promote.

Is the only way to deal with them through instagram? If they still produce it i'd love to add it to my seedvault

RobFromTX

I think im going to make an instagram account today and just get it over with. Im seeing all these new seedbanks pop up and it seems to be all they deal with. I know the website link is down

cbotany

I think im going to make an instagram account today and just get it over with. Im seeing all these new seedbanks pop up and it seems to be all they deal with. I know the website link is down
I can send them an email and ask if they mind me giving it out?