What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coastal Seed Co Oaxacan Colombian

RobFromTX

Anybody here ran this one yet? I still haven't tried their gear but have never heard anything bad about this seedbank. And anything with the word Colombian in it has my full attention

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Anybody here ran this one yet? I still haven't tried their gear but have never heard anything bad about this seedbank. And anything with the word Colombian in it has my full attention

They sound like a good outfit that's legit. The price is a little pricey for regs but the yield could make it worth it if they could finish. That strain would be perfect for outdoor grow in the deep southern US. However, I wouldn't try to grow them outdoors up north or indoors because of the long flowering time.

revegeta666

Rob and his never ending research on central American weed 😃

Lugo

Veteran
I don't want to break anybodys balls but the gentlemen in question is quite clueless in relation to anything landrace (I believe he just visited Mexico for the first time recently) and he had nothing to do with the Oaxacan x Colombian cross (as with most of his "work")

I dare say that particular cross was made in Hawaii by my ex-friend and using my Colombian Punto Rojo, the supposed Mexican was sourced through a guy called Rasta Luis.

Although I respect the guys growing skills, he does not breed or create anything himself.

Hes a whitewasher/frontman for Snowhighs old and repackaged genetics is what I believe.

Not a fan of people that work like this and I feel bad for the ignorant masses (especially on ICMag and IG) that fall for that bs.

Not hating, just being honest.

People are trying to invent legends as a prop to sell seeds and quite honestly they are taking advantage of this kind hearted gentleman and they should be ashamed.

Wolverine97

Veteran
So, Coastal is "legit", but Kagyu is getting pretty old. Some years back, he had Bob Hemphill, and Bam as his partners. At that time, I would have no hesitation buying his gear. But he's on his own now, and some of the things I see him post make me question whether he's still working legit lines. I was hesitant to post this comment, as I do respect Kagyu, and I don't know anything for certain, other than pics I see him post.

Lugo

Veteran
Haha yeah man im not gonna buy them. The 10 week flower says enough i guess. Like you im just a big fan of south american sativas and i sure wish there was more sources for them

So, Coastal is "legit", but Kagyu is getting pretty old. Some years back, he had Bob Hemphill, and Bam as his partners. At that time, I would have no hesitation buying his gear. But he's on his own now, and some of the things I see him post make me question whether he's still working legit lines. I was hesitant to post this comment, as I do respect Kagyu, and I don't know anything for certain, other than pics I see him post.
I feel you, hes got a helluva a green thumb and all but I'm a stickler for provenance when it comes to landrace or heirlooms and even more when it comes to breedings like, lets say a Colombian x Oaxacan.

No provenance..? No can do.

A passionate breeder will chew your ear off going over lineage and history jaja

Sometimes I get this 'scripted' vibe.

Ive seen so much fake, money oriented bs that yes...i'm jaded alright.

Regardless, hes an amazing grower with his own history so respect.

RobFromTX

I feel you, hes got a helluva a green thumb and all but I'm a stickler for provenance when it comes to landrace or heirlooms and even more when it comes to breedings like, lets say a Colombian x Oaxacan.

No provenance..? No can do.

A passionate breeder will chew your ear off going over lineage and history jaja

Sometimes I get this 'scripted' vibe.

Ive seen so much fake, money oriented bs that yes...i'm jaded alright.

Regardless, hes an amazing grower with his own history so respect.

I agree. It seems like 90% of seedbanks out there are all hype

Lolo94

Since noone has apparently grown the cross, what are the effects of the Punto Rojo side? As far as some of Coastals other Columbian crosses, I have heard good things about Purple Corinto x Puna Butter. Kiona (in Wahington state ) grows it and supplies select Washington dispensaries.

cbotany

I'm not trying to be that guy i'm no expert but thats a modern Colombian or Oaxacan look up brain dead seed company's Colombian. I would go with them if you want an actual sativa

Lolo94

I'm confused. If the Columbian is Lugos, I'm assuming it's pure. Does anyone know the bacground of Rasta Luis' Mexican (the suspected hybrid?)