What's new

co2/flowering

M

moses224

I hang on hanger in dark closet 70degrees or so for 20 hours or so I then put in Brown bags 24 hours with top rolled close then I open top of brown bag and let them sit 20-24 more hours or until crisp. Then I jar and let them breath 4 hours then seal 4 hours do that for a week or until no risk of mold but buds are fresh looking then you can go to once a day without risking mold and you get an awesome looking / tasting bud

Here MIS i pulled 2 days ago (just tops of one plant) so bottom would fill in. I left the other 4 tops on

Attachments

• DSC01062.jpg
    DSC01062.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01063.jpg
    DSC01063.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 7

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
damn moses those are some pretty nugs....i have about a week or so before i chop.. Things are smelling pretty good. I dont have a carbon scruber yet but that will be my next thing i buy when i get the money.....

M

moses224

its 2 pics only one plants top was a zip dry...well 32 close enough...still have 3 left just on lower branches the mis are no bs 3-4z every time

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
nice out come i hope to get a good amount this time. i did much better this time. i think the co2 had a lot to do with it. they are pretty much done now all the hairs are orange and they are just packing on the weight. That is a good thing. I am going to harvest the whole plant when i do that way i can start all my new ones.

G

Gobwats

!Yea bud did you see that Hawaiian snow man i pulled 4 of my last and this ones double in size im thinking 6 oz......sick genetics

Got to get my seed guy working on that one for me. How is the high (I'm looking primarily for medicinal strains for pain and to sleep-Indica doms typically- but also enjoy a good Sativa buzz when I'm feeling better{makes me horny as hell!}.)

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I am more of an indica person myself. I like more of the body high. kinda couch lock..... my bubblisious is smelling pretty sweet nice aroma and a shit load of crystals.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
ok so i just did my final change out before harvest. plain phd water. I am just days away from harvest it has been along time.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
are you backing down ppm of co2 in last 2 weeks ?

:noway: I am going to leave the ppms alone with the co2. I dont know to much about co2 but i have other plants that are not as far along as the others. i have a couple that require at least 10 days longer. so to answer the question i am going to leave the co2 the same all the way through. :joint:
How long of a flush is needed. I have heard you can do a couple of day to a couple of weeks on a flush. I am going to give them about a week or two. Then they should be ready.

G

Gobwats

I like to spread it out over a couple of weeks myself. 1st week I just cut back on the nutes, still giving them some carbs and elements (cut N & Mg to 0) then the final week it's nothing but RO filtered water until they finally say "pick me" (you do talk to your plants don't you?) The CO2 stays set at the same point until the bitter end. When the lights go out that last night before harvest, I'll unplug the lights and CO2 and leave them in the dark until it's time to cut. From what I've read recently, Mg is the real culprit (not N) that gives the smoke harshness.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I am not looking for anything harsh..... I love to have a nice smooth smoke. Why is it people have any extra long dark cycle what does that do for the plant. I do you have a dark cycle like that when you are doing perpetual grow.

G

Gobwats

I am not looking for anything harsh..... I love to have a nice smooth smoke. Why is it people have any extra long dark cycle what does that do for the plant. I do you have a dark cycle like that when you are doing perpetual grow.

All plants go through daily cycles; during the photoperiod photosynthesis is taking place so stored nutrients are being plled up from the roots (the sap rises during the day.) During the dark hours the plant rests, so since there is no need for nutrients to the upper parts of the plant (no photosynthesis going on) they are stored back down in the root system (the sap goes back down at night.) Leaving them in the dark until they get cut keeps the majority of the nutrients in the root system, instead of up in your buds where they would be smoked and perceived as harshness.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
isnt that why we flush for a week or two with plain water to get rid of all the nutrients that are stored in the plant. If just using water shouldnt that get rid of all the stored nutes in the plant. I am still learning every day and thanks for all the input that everyone has.

M

moses224

isnt that why we flush for a week or two with plain water to get rid of all the nutrients that are stored in the plant. If just using water shouldnt that get rid of all the stored nutes in the plant. I am still learning every day and thanks for all the input that everyone has.

Or is he saying thats why its best to harvest in dark? Along with a flush obviously?

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I dont know i cant harvest in the dark. i have others going at the same time so i have to leave the lights on there cycle.

M

moses224

i mean cut while they are in dark you obviously trim in light.....just cut them down at night cycle....iv always heard its a old wise tale...thats why i asked for clarification....well see....

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
i meant that i cant leave them in for a longer dark cycle i have others going that are not going to be done at the same time. lol.... i know that you trim in the light..... haha...... i just had to say that. i thought it was funny when you said trim in the light. what method do you use for trimming. I have a couple of pairs of scissors and a couple pairs of hands....

boston

. I have a couple of pairs of scissors and a couple pairs of hands....

try in the dark and comeback and tell us what you have left for fingers:pointlaug

on a serious note yes i have other plants going and can not leave them in a extended dark period or lower my ppm on co2. but i do want to seprate both harvest so i can exp. whith doing so.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
try in the dark and comeback and tell us what you have left for fingers:pointlaug

haha i will leave that up to someone that is blind....lol.....I will keep all my fingers intact. I would love to have something other then scissors. Like some kind of trimmer. but as we all know they are pretty expensive.

G

Gobwats

You just want to harvest them early in the day as opposed to later in the day. Yes the flush is to rid excess nutes, but keep in mind that as long as you see any green at all, the plant still has something stored in the roots otherwise they would never re-veg.

In your situation I would either delay my photoperiod an hour that day or else be in there cutting just as soon after the lights come on as is possible. Extra sap up in the plant means longer drying time plus some nutes. Cutting midday will not ruin the smoke, but you will be harvesting matter that is in the process of living rather than resting, so you get some harshness...a good dry and cure will take care of it to where all but the discriminating connoisseur will not notice a difference.

Latest posts

Latest posts