What's new

co2/flowering

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
picture.php

ok i just picked this up bought it used. now i hooked up last night and turned on. Went back to check on it like 5 minutes later and it was frozen. does any one know what this means. do i have a leak and got burn on a bogus regulator.
I am also on day 19 of flower i will post updated photos when the lights go on.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
your flow rate is too high. co2 is cold when it comes out if it comes out too fast it freezes the regulator. lower your flow rate. the blue and black knob.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I will try to turn down the flow rate what should it be at. i have a 4x4x7 room and i dont have a monitor for the co2 so i am winging it. i will just have to get one of those syringes that they have to check the co2 in the room.

razor ridge

your regulator should control the flow rate, .7cf an hour is a good starting point, they can't use but so much, any more is wasting your co2

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I did a complete change out of water last night. this is the third change out. My ph dropped a bit thats why i went ahead and changed out. i had it bubbling for a couple of days that way i can have the ph where i want it right at 5.6 the only additive i had put in this time is floralisious plus and i have the ppms right around 1000 for my third change.
I cant wait till the lights go on so i can see if turning down the co2 regulator works.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
ok so i finally got the co2 dialed in no more freezing regulator. it was running at 15 min intervals all night long and i checked this morning and it was still going with no problem. any input on additives 3 to 4 weeks in.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
i am not sure if any one knows what kind of nutes i am using. I have been using gh bloom and micro for hard water. i bumped up the ppms to right under 1ooo and with my next water change out i will be over a 1000. i added carbo load last week for a week and i was using great white for my beneficial bacteria. when i change out my water the other day i only added florilicious plus a different beneficial bacteria. I am going to do another change out this week end. I will be on week 4 then.
picture.php

this was day 18 and it has been a couple of days now and with the added co2 now i will have to post new pics soon to show the process.

meddeadhead423

ive been having problems with my regulator too. it wont fasten properly and it also doesnt work as well either. do these things go out quite frequently??

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
meddeadhead423..... I am not sure if the regulators go out this is my first time using co2. after my little episode with the regulator freezing over i have not had any problems. now i keep my fingers crossed and wait for the results.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
ok i am on day 23 of flower... and i finally got some pics and i am going to upload so you guys can see.
picture.php

picture.php

here is a group shot now the one in the middle and the one in the front right are both alpha diesels and for some reason they dont want to stop stretching.
picture.php

picture.php

so here is the update i will take some more in a couple of days to show progress.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
me too BCity..... i hope to see a noticeable difference with using the co2. I have grown this strain last time and i want to see the difference. I am still looking for some added input on some additives. I am going to change out my water this weekend and i want to add something to pack on the weight. I am keeping a close eye on everything this time i want the most out of what i am doing with no problems.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ok so i was doing a little research on advanced nutrients line of additives and i was thinking about getting sensi zym, hammerhead p,k 9-18, and sweetleaf. I have used sweetleaf before but i have never used sensi zym and hammerhead. It says hammerhead is suppose to be one of the best products on the market.

loco81

i dont know much about your line of nutes but i am using botanicare with great results! i have a detailed feeding schedule for their stuff if you want. i am happy with it and a lot of peeps i know swear by it so we will see

G

Gobwats

You said you left your CO2 on all night, are your lights on during this time as well? The plants only utilize CO2 during the photoperiod, it's all part of the photosynthesis cycle; running CO2 during the dark period is wasting gas and can lead to building up toxic levels. Your flow rate should be set to match the desired levels for the volume you have enclosed; I have a formula somewhere that I'll have to dig for or you can probably find it by googling CO2. Plants do love it, but it is not hard to give them too much and cause lots of problems.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I only use co2 while the lights are on i dont remember ever saying i use it during the lights off but if i did, not meaning to.