What's new

Co2 Extraction a reality!!!

hammalamma

Veteran
Its so funny how much people obsess about such a shitty type of extraction,......... that they don't even have:laughing:

I will ask again, what is the other 60%? And if it is such a good type of extraction why is there 60% other shit? Every "co2' hash i see in person is usually bho honeycomb. If you got from a dispensary its not co2.

Butane works just fine get off this stupid train sheeple!

KiefSweat

Veteran
I think its your locale. In some states where manufacturing BHO is illegally you will see a lot more C02 oils on labels.

here these are the only products sold as co2 oils and are such that. You can pay double for half as much too compared to 70% wax.

http://delta9tek.com/co2-extraction/
http://organalabs.com/

and the chart above explains the purity of co2 oils, so look up whats actually in a resin gland there's your other 40%
much like how EtoH extractions are less pure but extract more.

KiefSweat

Veteran
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...xOCHCw&usg=AFQjCNFiGGycoP6gBktY12S2H4XsuoymjA

Steam distillation, hexane extraction, and supercritical CO2 extraction were
compared using lavandin and Indian ginger root. Interestingly, "Several cooked dishes
(soup, fish, poultry) were seasoned with ginger prepared by the same three methods,
Tasters commented favorably on the flavor balance and fresh characteristics of food
seasoned with SCC02 extracted ginger" (19). It was reported that the yields of the
lavandin extracts were 3.0 % (steam distillation), 1.2 % (hexane extraction), and 3.5 %
(supercritical CO2).

http://sunhere.aaaoe.com/show.php?s=51242&lei=2
RAW MATERIALS AND ORIGIN:
Take high quality of dehydrated ginger pieces, which have been washed, sliced and sun dried from fresh rhizome of Zingiber officinale Rosc as raw material. The raw materials are Origin from Shandong province of china.
PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY:
Grinded the raw material, and manufactured by using supercritical CO2 extraction.
DESCRIPTION:
Reddish Brown to Light Brown oily liquid,having the spicy taste of Ginger.
COMPOSITION: β-elemene, Phellandrene, Gingerol, Zingiberene, Shogaol, Gingerdione,etc.
Gingerols(6- gingerol) 16~30%
Ginger Oil≥35%
CHARACTERISTIC:
• Pure Nature. 100% ginger Extraction, no residual and chemical additives.
• Original Aroma and Taste.
• High quantity of active component.
• Can dissove in vegetable oils completely and higher than 70% ethanol

different plant but should give you the idea of oleresins from a co2 machine.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
different plant but should give you the idea of oleresins from a co2 machine.

Bro, I bow to your knowledge, you are leaps and bounds ahead of me in this (concentrate) Game--
That being said...why are all the CO2 extract vids using "something else"-- I have yet to see an actual extraction from cannabis that was legitimate enough to believe--
Like it has been said, it seems that all the ppl claiming CO2 extraction cannot tell you how (its a secret!! lol) it is made...precisely--
And if it is a case that you need a Lab and (expensive) Lab equipment to do it...what good is it for the most of us??:tiphat:

KiefSweat

Veteran
well thats just it you need some serious equipment for a co2 extractor.
co2 extraction will never be avaialble on the level for the home consumer to make their own.

As far as I know worldwide I can only name I think 3 places making legit Co2 concentrates. Currently its more legal issue. In a few years when its a safer business to get into then i think more co2 oils will be a reality. But you gotta look at it like other essential oils and the like, there needs to be enough production to make the cost feasible.

KiefSweat

Veteran
After more research a liquid co2 (not subcritical) extraction might be possible but that's really small scale.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
well thats just it you need some serious equipment for a co2 extractor.
co2 extraction will never be avaialble on the level for the home consumer to make their own.

As far as I know worldwide I can only name I think 3 places making legit Co2 concentrates. Currently its more legal issue. In a few years when its a safer business to get into then i think more co2 oils will be a reality. But you gotta look at it like other essential oils and the like, there needs to be enough production to make the cost feasible.

And this is what I'm addressing-- I am not saying co2 extraction doesn't exist...even if it is somewhat of a Unicorn-- Lol
But there are thousands out there claiming theirs is a co2 extraction...or all the oils in their D are co2 extraction...and it is simply bullshit-- How to tell the difference??
Sorry if I am taking this in circles...don't mean to...just didn't see another turn to make--:)

KiefSweat

Veteran
I am not positive on the laws around here, but I'm sure there is some truth in advertising law that still applies to medical marijuana. I only have seen those 2 companies selling what they call a co2 oil. In this market I know of these 2 companies, in some other states I would say its bullshit.

I should say these are products that are licensed etc, so its not like its someone writing with marker on the package. Its quite the opposite actually.

GrassMan

Veteran
CO2 yes but why supercritical?
GW patent is based on subcritical extraction post decarboxylation and prior winterization.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7344736.html

Batch size: Approximately 60 kg
Pressure: 60 bar±10 bar
Temperature: 10° C.±5° C.
Time: Approximately 8 hours
CO2 mass flow 1250 kg/hr ±20%.

Peace.

hammalamma

Veteran
I am not positive on the laws around here, but I'm sure there is some truth in advertising law that still applies to medical marijuana. I only have seen those 2 companies selling what they call a co2 oil. In this market I know of these 2 companies, in some other states I would say its bullshit.

I should say these are products that are licensed etc, so its not like its someone writing with marker on the package. Its quite the opposite actually.

First it was 3 now 2, those c02 extractors must be failing fast:laughing:
I am sure after some research it will only be 1, and after some more 0.
Lets remember the golden rule of the the intraweb, PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!:woohoo:

hammalamma

Veteran
CO2 yes but why supercritical?
GW patent is based on subcritical extraction post decarboxylation and prior winterization.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7344736.html

Batch size: Approximately 60 kg
Pressure: 60 bar±10 bar
Temperature: 10° C.±5° C.
Time: Approximately 8 hours
CO2 mass flow 1250 kg/hr ±20%.

Peace.

Way more plausible.:tiphat: I could be wrong, but subcritical does not seem to have any advantages over traditional extraction methods. If something is not broke, don't fix it.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
We've been talking subcritical at this site the whole time; it's understood this isn't a science forum and we mean extraction with CO2, instead of giving some range or talk about exactly 1071 psig or whatever. If GW Pharma says 60 atm or so is best, there's probably a good reason.

And it sounds sensible: At atmospheric pressure CO2 is completely non-polar, but it's more polar than butane when at room temperature and 4000 psi. A happy medium is found where it's less polar than butane, but at the cost of yield unless there is a lot of pumping, added alcohol maybe as the patents say, and preferably recycling.

KiefSweat

Veteran
First it was 3 now 2, those c02 extractors must be failing fast:laughing:
I am sure after some research it will only be 1, and after some more 0.
Lets remember the golden rule of the the intraweb, PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!:woohoo:
I gave you the links and pics, you don't want to believe, that there are 2 companies in Colorado and GWpharm making co2 extracts. There's no point in arguing with a dining room table.

and subcritical or supercritical doesnt matter, you still need some serious equipment.

and let's remember the rules of life where people actually invest millions of dollars into business and buy this equipment, in a state where an industry is developed and regulated too. Argue all you want and keep on asking to see pics but thats the way it is not in Cali Brah

KiefSweat

Veteran
We get all of our infused products out of our own trim. we want to make sure our products are organic so we dont buy from MIPs. Instead we contract them to make products for us out of our organic trim. Delta 9 labs made the CO2 oil we currently have. The extractor is pricey and we are not quite there yet.

The scene has definitely changed. It has been taken over by corporate types that decided to try growing weed. most of the people that actually knew what they were doing got weeded out because of convictions and residency issues. Now we just have a stack of F!@#d up rules that inhibits a growers ability to cultivate freely. Sad!"​

Last edited by a moderator:

GanjaPharma

the extract that GW pharm makes is an ethanol extract. they may have included Co2 extraction in one of their patent applications, but sativex is currently made much like rick simpson oil.
note that i am not re-entering into the fray of debating the mythological reality of Co2 extraction, I only want to comment about what GWpharma ACTUALLY USES to make their extract.

i was gonna post the powerpoint presentation, but i dont have it on this PC so here is a VIDEO (as alien a concept as that is to the Co2 believers) watch the whole thing...and around 1:50 you can see the rotovaps he has going, the coldfingers, and all that ethanol getting reclaimed.
[YOUTUBEIF]http://youtu.be/Jkp2mXlb6oI[/YOUTUBEIF]

http://youtu.be/Jkp2mXlb6oI

hammalamma

Veteran
I gave you the links and pics, you don't want to believe, that there are 2 companies in Colorado and GWpharm making co2 extracts. There's no point in arguing with a dining room table.

and subcritical or supercritical doesnt matter, you still need some serious equipment.

and let's remember the rules of life where people actually invest millions of dollars into business and buy this equipment, in a state where an industry is developed and regulated too. Argue all you want and keep on asking to see pics but thats the way it is not in Cali Brah

Have you ever seen erl come out of one of these machines with your own eyes?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I'm sure there are persons able and willing to buy the smaller commercial units, and the weird dark supposedly CO2 extracts could be for real.

I would say its for real why you might ask, well you see in boulder they have amazing co2 oil for $25 a gram in indica,hybrid,or sativa its very clean and very nice used to be around $60 a gram but the flood is here so all the prices are great for the patients who cant afford alot

I would say its for real why you might ask, well you see in boulder they have amazing co2 oil for $25 a gram in indica,hybrid,or sativa its very clean and very nice used to be around $60 a gram but the flood is here so all the prices are great for the patients who cant afford alot

I agree with that! I was amazed at 25$ prices... now it's almost standard. My favorite ones come in the syringe's. There is one place in Boulder that has prices ranging into the 70's for oil's so crazy! I think it's because they create individual batches from specific plants and trim. Any ways I've been getting really potent shatter hash for 30-35$ and it lasts a long time with my oil rig.

hammalamma

Veteran
At those prices its not c02. Sorry.