What's new

CO Breeders & Pollen Chuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ME TED

Any decent males found from this run are going to get crossed with the Arcata Trainwreck. Might be a while with 4-5 month flower times:yoinks: for the Golden Tiger and Purple HazeXThai.
So far all eleven PHT are above soil, ten GT, and eight of nine SSH made it as well. I still have nine more SSH beans left, didn't want the grow to get too out of control. My buddy also has a pack of Golden Tiger to search through so we should find some winners. Vash's SourDXMississippi Mud didn't do so hot, only two cracked. One bean was covered with grey mold, despite the kelp treatment. The freebies were a couple years old so...:abduct::abduct::abduct:

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice MeTEd! I've been eyeing some ACE gear as well. Love the pint glasses as well, beau jo's on a friday night FTW!

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Who's sour is it crossed with the Mississippi mud?? that sounds like a stunna! bummer they weren't in better shape... +1 for the strong sativas bro..More peeps need to grow this stuff.

M

ME TED

I believe it's Rez' Sour Diesel IBL. I prolly could have got better results, the freebies that didn't crack after a 24hour soak and 48 hours in a wet paper towel got canned. If I would've put them in soil, the other two might have popped. I'm happy to say that I got 100% from PHT, GT, and SSH though.

Cloud 9

I don't understand the breeding scene at all anymore. Used to be if you found a special plant, you would gather male pollen and make seeds, and if you were a breeder you would save the male you used and cross the same male with succesive generations of female and stabilize said plant, and then you could name it.

Now it's "I grew this plant from bag-seed, I named it Phish Soup cause I was at the Phish show, do you want a cut?"

I'm crossing my Phish Soup with Blueberry, it's called Blue Phish.......

And you're selling some seeds of Blue Phish!!!! WTF!!!! None of those seeds will grow the same plant, yet the strain has a name.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but I dunno, how much work are these guys doing? Are these Chem crosses I keep seeing stabilized? Do they back-cross to the same male 4 or 5 times? If someone knows, please tell me.

i dont think this is to harsh i have wondered the same thing. :)

i also think the term 'breeder' means different things to different people.

im new to creating crosses and trying to learn by experience. I have a general question for people here.
how many of the created seeds are you sprouting? i was under the impression that 100s had to be sprouted. like alot of people, we are trying to stay under 96 (just incase LEOs 'miscount') plants for legal reasons
anyone care to comment.

Dorje113

i dont think this is to harsh i have wondered the same thing. :)

i also think the term 'breeder' means different things to different people.

im new to creating crosses and trying to learn by experience. I have a general question for people here.
how many of the created seeds are you sprouting? i was under the impression that 100s had to be sprouted. like alot of people, we are trying to stay under 96 (just incase LEOs 'miscount') plants for legal reasons
anyone care to comment.

I think people aren't upfront enough about what they are selling sometimes.

You can buy seeds that are from an inbred line that will be more stable but a lot of seeds are F1s (the first seeds from an initial cross of the parent (P) plants), hopefully tested. I intentionally bought some F1 crosses because I can select plants to make F2s and pheno hunt, and if it looks really good I'll do the work to stabilize the line myself. Usually F1 seeds are a lot cheaper than an IBL which takes at least a couple years of work to produce.

One example is a Malawi Gold (female) x Serious Seeds Chronic (male) I picked up. In this case I wouldn't really want to backcross to the male because I'm not looking for dominant Chronic traits. Really what i want is a Malawi Gold plant that yields ok and finishes in under 80-90 days. But a lot of people may find what they are looking for in the F1s....

Cloud 9

interested to see how you guys are crossing so many strains and keeping the male pollen separated. hepa filters in/out, changing clothes in between rooms?

ragga - 10k in seeds :nono: wow!

someone show pm JoeManixx, he might have some insight in this thread (i cant pm til 50 posts).

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
interested to see how you guys are crossing so many strains and keeping the male pollen separated. hepa filters in/out, changing clothes in between rooms?

ragga - 10k in seeds :nono: wow!

I started off making seed so i would never have to buy another seed again.... simply started off by F2'ing stuff i already had, by doing this process i learnt quickly the importance of finding a stud cock for the mix and in the process...yeh about 10k down the toilet....no room for "fancy boys" showing up at my parties. But you'll never know what genetic awesomeness you may find until you crack them beans.
My patients absolutely love the fact that they are the recipients of this hard work...and are smoking dank that i can promise you does not make it to the dispensary shelves.
shot
ragga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts