What's new

CO Breeders & Pollen Chuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenmopho

:party:
First I spend the day battlin... Then rental company wants walk through Fuck:tumbleweed:
Still all good
thanks to kind folks

This is a wild ride,
wild west coast style

Wild West Coast style? Um...the coast is like 1,100 miles away, where are you dude?

I can skratch a bit myself. got some double time chirp flare orbits!Greenmopho we should get up and cut sometime, we may have some friends in common. I know a lot of cats that skratch in co

Bring on the tables!! got 4 tech's kickin at the moment....BOOYA!

Shit, I don't really know enough people that DJ in Colorado, let alone scratch or juggle. I'm kind of a hermit in that respect, but I'd love to kick it with some people that can throw down. I need to get out there and meet more people.

I rock the Grandmaster Technics 1210s, with a Stanton Focus Fader mixer...gonna drop the cash one of these days for the Pioneer 909.

Ragga, good to see you joined the crew too! Seems like there is some congruency to mixing records and chucking pollen...4 DJs just came out of the woodwork on this thread! Maybe I should change the name to CO Breeders, Pollen Chuckers, and Beat Jugglers...LOL

Me and a buddy setup like 6 techs, 2 keyboards, 2 MPCs, and 3 laptops around us for like a week, we didn't really leave the studio/living room at all for days!

Heres a link to a stupid little mash-up I did a few months back...not on decks, but in Ableton, but junglist's confused deadhead/drumnbass head should appreciate this...

http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_Metropolis_Notorious_BIG_vs_the_Grateful_DE.m85642.html

Hope this doesn't reveal my identity!

Anyway, we should all get down on a little battle/jam session...

Greenmopho

I ve puffed more dank in the phil zone than you have in your whole life.:laughing:

:comfort: Its okay man, its gonna be alright....

And I would seriously doubt that man, you should check my street cred and started threads....when I'm not broke I have a minimum habit of 6-8g per day....I grew up in Miami with Cubans, Columbians, Jamaicans, and some of the most fucked up white people you can ever imagine! Hanging out with crazy Jamiacans, you burn through a lot of trees. We once rolled 2 oz. of kind bud (crypie as they call it down there) in a single banana leaf. When it got down to the roach, it fell apart, and we rolled 10 very large joints out of just the roach, determined to smoke all 2 oz. in 1 night!!!

Anyway, this isn't a *whose dick is bigger* *whose smoked more* discussion, lets get back to chuckin' pollen!

....amazing how music and the good herb always seem to mix...me, I don't know nuttin bout "chuckin" pollen...but figure I may learn a thing or 2 here. I do know I have 2 Snow White mammas....got the femmed beans from Nirvana....can't wait to see how they produce. If they are as nice as I have read, I may wanna try...seems like it would be an interesting "project". Time, I've got plenty of....

Last edited:
I think Bud Spleefman made some good points but at the same time, those of us mixing this and that to see what we can find that's new and unique aren't defining the scene. If someone was just chucking pollen at this and that and trying to commercially sell the seeds, his criticisms would be very valid but for the most part we (pollen chuckers) are just making seeds for ourselves and our friends.

I was just speaking about the scene in general, not anyone specific.

There are plenty of "clone only" strains running around, like Strawberry Cough, as a prime example. It's NL#5 x Haxe (Sensi Seeds) with a special Strawberry Pheno. So, is it called Sensi Seeds NL#5 x Haze? Nooooooo......... and to ad further insult, they selfed the clone and you can buy Fem'ed seeds. And people call this a Colorado Strain.... is it a strain, is it a cut.....?
It's certainly good weed...... but you have to decide the rest.

Cheese is another one.... it's Skunk #1, but that doesn't stop people from winning Cannabis Cups with The Cheese, or Big Buddha from selling Big Buddha Cheese seeds, or Blue Cheese, etc........

Don't you folks think that, now that the whole scene is "loosening" up a bit, that breeding will become the "new frontier"? Seems to me that you folks, with the real experience at it, would be looking forward to accessing strains you've never seen and crossing them with ones you have that do well? Me, I wanna learn so I can maybe, just maybe, come up with something unique...but I do wanna do it the right way.

One real problem is that, becuase of the underground nature of our business, there really is no "comprehensive" listing of strains...or a listing of major crosses that are out there. Sure, there are some decent breeders that have their results, but there are so many now that, I am sure, we have people on different sides of the country crossing the same strains and naming them differently. Maybe, somehow, a website dedicated to getting a proper registry of strains so all know what's going on would be a good idea...I just have no idea on how things could be "verified" or how to implement it.

As stated earlier, me, I just wanna come up with one decent strain of my own...so I'll be watching and learning from this thread...

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Don't you folks think that, now that the whole scene is "loosening" up a bit, that breeding will become the "new frontier"? Seems to me that you folks, with the real experience at it, would be looking forward to accessing strains you've never seen and crossing them with ones you have that do well? Me, I wanna learn so I can maybe, just maybe, come up with something unique...but I do wanna do it the right way.

As stated earlier, me, I just wanna come up with one decent strain of my own...so I'll be watching and learning from this thread...

Been doing that for over 15 years now....its all about the passion baby!!! You'll never know till you sling a little pollen, and dont think you wont fuck up...i've personally thrown more than 10,000 seeds down the toilet cuz it didnt cut up to what i wanted...all part of the process to create your OWN elites.

Been doing that for over 15 years now....its all about the passion baby!!! You'll never know till you sling a little pollen, and dont think you wont fuck up...i've personally thrown more than 10,000 seeds down the toilet cuz it didnt cut up to what i wanted...all part of the process to create your OWN elites.

Ok RM...YOU'VE been doin that for 15 yrs...and, as I stated previously, there are many that have...how many of you have the same strains w/diff names?

Is there someplace where folks are "sharing" this type of info? If not, noone is benefitting from all that research!!

...this was my point

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Well the biggest problem in this state is people are basing all their crosses off cuts that were sourced from a dispensary. 97.89999% of what is sold to and from dispensaries are NOT what they are claimed to be. It used to be that you stuck around, minded your own business, and did things right before you were kind of brought into a crew or were deemed ok to be given an elite cut (sometimes years). Now that there are dispensaries, every tom dick and harry have what they think are these sought after strains, when in reality someone popped a pack of nirvana beans and sells a tray of them to a dispensary as something it is obviously not.
Point being KNOW your sources or you dont have shit! and are indeed just pissing in the gene pool.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the biggest problem in this state is people are basing all their crosses off cuts that were sourced from a dispensary. 97.89999% of what is sold to and from dispensaries are NOT what they are claimed to be. It used to be that you stuck around, minded your own business, and did things right before you were kind of brought into a crew or were deemed ok to be given an elite cut (sometimes years). Now that there are dispensaries, every tom dick and harry have what they think are these sought after strains, when in reality someone popped a pack of nirvana beans and sells a tray of them to a dispensary as something it is obviously not.
Point being KNOW your sources or you dont have shit! and are indeed just pissing in the gene pool.
Yet another reason to grow from seed. I grew a mix of shiva, citral and mexican sativa for years, and it suited my needs just fine at the time. Nowadays I'd prob get laughed outta town :D

alphaguru

THseeds is now in colorado.

The greenest green in boulder is currently carrying s.a.g.e. and wreckage and kushage!

stoked

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
I have never understood why people re-name plants from a commercial seed line. Why? Makes me wonder how many "elite" strains are just commercially available strains that renamed a particular phenotype.

I never understood this either but, I think it's pretty common..from what I understand cough is an earlier version of sensi's Nl#5 x Haze, just a real nice pheno.. I'm also pretty sure that the plum kush that is around the cherry creek area is just Dj SHort's F13..

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha, walk through the grocery store, pick a few fruit names, add in a little kush, KA-CHING.

Wild West Coast style? Um...the coast is like 1,100 miles away, where are you dude?

Shit, I don't really know enough people that DJ in Colorado, let alone scratch or juggle. I'm kind of a hermit in that respect.

I think I am confused. I started thinkin I was the only one that loved this stuff still. Its actually getting better every year. Bass so deep you could feel the bass rumblin from Jamaica.

Ive been in Colorado for over 10 years, havn't found people to spin with.....I moved here from Midwest were thats all I did was DJ and all my friends too.

I give shout outs to the Westcoast for all their work in the Cannabis movement, serious pioneers. Cannabis deserves to be respected by our species. Luckily there were some rich people that thought that too, and actually made it happen in California first.

I hope our passions bring all the right people together.

Do watcha love.

:)

Greenmopho

ha...i forgot which thread i was reading...MHD has a point. hey greenmopho....how'd that DPxHP experiment workout? seeds? did y'all keep the male?

So far so good, check the thread for that in my sig below. Probably gonna chop her in the next few days. A seed already dropped and germed on its own. We chopped the male but harvested his pollen (sitting in the freezer).

G

Green Mopho

Anyone got any new projects working?

Gonna toss some of Rez's Chem IBL pollen around for starters...

Cherry AK x Chem IBL
Flo x Chem IBL
U.K. Cheese x Chem IBL
The White x Chem IBL (Done before????, although funkfingers might beat me to the punch)
Strawberry Cough x Chem IBL

Status
Not open for further replies.