What's new

Closet Hacking new wave growers

Sick

:santa1: :xmastree:

hey brotha Sick feels good to grow your own eh :) soon you'll never buy it again hopefully. cloning theres so many ways and i've tried most what give me 99-100% sucess is a DYI clone bubbler i made. Thundurkle asked me in a PM how i made mine then he submitted it to ICMags DYI link o rama the tag is in my sig.

heres the tutorial on a DYI clone bubbler http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96601

Yup, it was very nice smoking weed that I grew and dint buy. :)

Thanks for the info on that bubble cloner. I just read it all and I am off to go build me one of them suckers.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
right on sick just remember kiss method [ keep it simple stupid ] no pun intended

i know what state ya live in but unsure of your tap waters PH
proper PH in the water being fed to plants is most important, my tap water is 7.2 i adjust it's PH to 6.5 with PH down product.
my city uses cloriene to sanitize my drinking water so i fill jugs and allow them to sit min 12 hrs before use or untill cloriene smell is gone. cloriene will kill the good benis in the rootzone, un PH'd water will cause soils ph to raise over time. this will have vitial nutrients locked out in the plants rootzone, for soil water ferted and not ferted PH should be between 6.0-6.8. anything below or above will cause vitial nutrients to be locked out.
i keep my water fertes in and plain water PH'd @6.5 because all vitial nutrients are available to the plants good benis n such in the rootzone

some will argue that if you use organic soil and ferts noeed to PH adjust i say hockeypuck phooy adjust the waters PH level. pool test stripes or even aquriam ph test kits do ok but a real PH digital meter wont lie when properly calibrated.

from my experince organic ferts wont lower the waters PH value but organic based and salt/chem based ferts will. alot of soil is ph ballanced between 5.5-6.5 but with frequent watering that stabilization is washed out

i find its best to start off in small containers and plant upto finial flowering pot it's good to build a good root ball. roots grow to sides of container then down when they reach bottom plant grows upward. when you transplant then flip to flower before plants roots can properly colonize the soil. you'll see more stretch then a plant whos roots have properly colonized the soil.

i grow in 100% organic soil from local nursery i mix 1 - 12 quart bag of perlite with the soil for better airation in the soil.
i use from local hydro supply shop
pure blend pro grow during veg all thats really needed
pure blend pro bloom during flower again all thats really needed
both are organic
i also use a bloom additive fert thats chem during flower powdered kool bloom thats pretty much the extent of the ferts i now use at 1 time while back i had 7-8 diff ferts.
i do admit this flower run i started usen the general hydroponics 3 part flora series ferts i had layn around from coco run 2 yrs ago. and i do admit that in soil these ferts should have calmag+

i'll try n be around more feel free to ask me any question bro ifn i cant answer it i'll try me hardest to find said answer lol. 36 more posts and you can PM me bro :)

Sick

Not sure of my waters PH but my wife works at a pool store so I'll get her to pick up some test strips.

*My First Grow*
Was from some krypto bag-seeds, 3 of the 4 seeds were male, with one nice female. All I used on her was Miracle Grow potting mix. Now I know why she dint grow really great, the mix was 0.21-0.07-0.14 but at the time I had no clue. I dint want to burn her up so what I would do is when it slowed down growing and the fan leaves seemed to be drying out I would dig up the top soil and replace it with some fresh potting mix and water her really good and that seemed to do the trick.

I dint keep a grow record so i'm not sure how long she veg'd for and how long she flowerd. It did seem like it took ages, but when she was done and I cut her for harvest she was around 5 & 1/2 to 6ft tall. The buds were small and I think I might have cut to ealry cause she was not real strong. But looking back they may have just been under fed and were not at there prime.

Now shes on her second grow. When I cut her the first time I left some branches with buds still on them growing on the bottom of the plant. Because of that she was able to bounce right back and start veg'ing again.

Since I cut her I have been useing Miracle Grow singles, the mix is 24-8-16 at one bag per two gallons of water. The new leaves look healthy again and I'm seeing new 5 point leaves growing back and not the 2 and 3 points she was putting out. I just went to one bag per gallon yesterday and she seems to like it. But I might go back down to 1 bag per two gallons so I dont burn her up. Shes not ready for any L.S.T. or topping yet but that should be comming soon. I'll try and get a pic posted tonight so you can see my baby. :)

We have a hydro shop here where I got my stuff from, Advanced Hydroponics I think its called. So when I am able to I will go pick up that pure blend pro grow, the pure blend pro bloom and that powdered kool bloom. I want to get this right so when I do order my seeds I can grow some bad ass plants with BIG monster buds. Is there anything else I should look for?

Latest posts

Latest posts