What's new

Close friend popped :(

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
That is funny, and sad at the same time. I wish he would have just paid for the power and the bus would still be rocking. As you said but for the power company being mad over stolen power his home grow would still be going.

And really LEO, how many LBs a year do you think can be grown in a bus? Not that many if it is used for veg and flower, this is not 1000's of plants found on public lands. At least this county didn't spend money looking for grows, the power company had to tell them where they are. But with so many in the USA able to grow and smoke, why should any go to jail over growing or smoking?

Peace, :joint:

Grass Lands

Veteran
The guy busted is a common thief, stealing is stealing no matter how it is viewed. I feel sorry for no thief, because of him and the many like him is why we pay out the ass for elec...if he couldn't afford the power he shouldn't have been growing and if he could afford it then the fuck deserved to be busted...FUCK'EM!!!

RetroGrow

Veteran
The guy busted is a common thief, stealing is stealing no matter how it is viewed. I feel sorry for no thief, because of him and the many like him is why we pay out the ass for elec...if he couldn't afford the power he shouldn't have been growing and if he could afford it then the fuck deserved to be busted...FUCK'EM!!!

Get real.
No one deserves to get busted for weed.
Get your head out of your ass.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
This just displays another reason why you don't steal power.

Yeah, they could have come to his house because he was using so much power, but really are they going to follow that line from your house that you branched off a kitchen circuit after your breaker (or dryer/range/hot tub) if using 240v. They would have to tear out the drywall/plaster you put up after the junction was completed. To the underground grow. Have a shutoff switch so they can not use non-contact voltage testers. Then they are left with metal detctors for the wire running into the shed. Bury metal in your backyard all over. Just a few extra runs for shit's and giggles.

If you steal power it is just a matter of time before they find out, doing an audit in your area.

Of course once your utility starts using the smart grid, say goodbye to that once and for all. Unless you have a 'born to lose' tattoo on your arm.

mandi paige

I would put a diesel generator underground as well, and extend the exhaust pipe up through the ground, which will come out under a dog house, or a pile of firewood?

He probably would have been busted a long time ago if he hadn't been stealing the power. People get suspicious when a ranch house uses $1,200 a month of power. Sometimes you need so much power that your electricity consumption would be a dead giveaway, even if you could afford it and pay on time.

bterzz

Veteran
The difference, BK, is that a power company likes that 1200$ a month...why would they try to get rid of somebody who is paying them 1200$ a month...they're making a killing off us pot growers, they probably like us, except the ones stealing power.

Sour Joe

Any stoner that dosent believe our lady keeps the world running is a fool. just because its illegal dont mean they dont have a stake in it. the govt will always make alot of money allowing a certain amount drugs for a fee and taxing the rest via arrest, court gesters for a fee. but the one of the first rules i ever knew of was never steal power because it is an unnessessary risk. grow more or better to offset the power consumption but dont tell the cops to come and get you by waving a green flag come get me. couldve stayed off the radar with a gener. sorry to hear in my prayers

N

nippirt

Lenoir County, NC is centrally located in eastern NC approximately 75 miles east of Raleigh (our state’s capital) and 75 miles west of Morehead City (one of our seaports and the beautiful crystal coast). Our county is a blend of agriculture and manufacturing. Lenoir County has three incorporated municipalities, Kinston is the county seat..

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Good read. Seems like stealing power ends more operations than not.Goodluck to your friend.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Growing weed is one thing, but stealing is
stealing no matter how you cut the cloth...

May not deserve to get busted for weed
but he sure as hell deserved to be busted
for stealing...

people like you crack me up...
preach the weed card...well dude
I am a grower and pay a hefty monthly bill
to enjoy my herb and yes I am in a med state
and I am fully legal!!!

So I will say it once again, a thief is a thief, period!

Get real.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Get real.

Get real yourself. No one was busted for weed, they were busted for stealing and being too stupid to live. Get your head out of Grass Lands ass and you'll see things more clearly.

M

mexilandrace

If the only reason he stole power was to hide what he was doing, I can feel for the guy.

But stealing power to grow something that earned him so much money seems stupid and really wrong.

O

ogatec

seems like alot of work for a little amont of weed, why not just set up a room in the house, or in the shed?

opt1c

Veteran
this was on a local news site....
"-Operation was capable of producing enough marijuana to sell 50-100 pounds a week"

seriously? what the fuck was that reporter smoking when he wrote that? This is a school bus?!? A week?!?

and here is another story; quite different than the original...

"KINSTON, N.C. -- An undercover drug buy led North Carolina detectives to an underground marijuana garden in a buried school bus.
Multiple media outlets reported Thursday the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office had been looking for the source of the marijuana for three years and had been flying over the area with a helicopter.
Then sheriff's narcotics officers bought several pounds of pot in a recent undercover buy. Sgt. Eddie Eubanks says officers traced the pot to a rural residence.
A search dog fell through a camouflaged trap door leading down to a full-length school bus buried 8 feet under a backyard tool shed.
Deputies seized 68 plants, each 4 feet tall and weighing about 35 pounds. Eubanks says the plants were worth about $40,000.

Three people have been arrested"

how many different ways can they tell a tale?

C

cork144

how many different ways can they tell a tale?

asmany times as they can to justify their actions via propaganda

hoping for the best for your friend, but stealing ellectric is gonna fuck him,

nomaad

Veteran
the dollar value on the last post was pretty reasonable. that's rare for podunk cops and media. 10lbs out of a 40 foot bus sounds plausible.

“In the back was regular Mexican/homegrown weed, and in front was, what is called, Purple Haze,” Eubanks said.

I love that line. I want to hear that soundbyte. Great sample.

Latest posts

Latest posts