What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 41 From Seed Day 6 Flower Thai Stick Update

Day 41 From Seed Day 6 Flower Thai Stick Update

Next up is TS-J. Another fine 11 bladed specimen to behold! :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats 3 down and 3 more to go. That will have to wait till later. Nite all.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Nice plants dave ,
that leaf pattern on the durban is quite pretty ,
intresting to see how long those thai go , close on 10 weeks already ,
doesnt look half way yet , hehehe ..

Dave Coulier

Veteran
GN Thai Stick Update continued..

GN Thai Stick Update continued..

Next up is TS-C. Just another fine specimen to share with you all. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2 more to go..

Dave Coulier

Veteran
GN Thai Stick F Update

GN Thai Stick F Update

TS-F is our last lady of the night everyone. I love the big sexy fan leaves on this one. Its quickly becoming my second favorite Thai by looks. Ill do an update on the Durban Poison next time. I hear they're pretty nice looking too. There may even be a female in there...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Send me some when they come down, I have envy :)

If only society were so permitting I would share it with everyone. Its great to get to share what you grow with your own hands.

Nice plants dave ,
that leaf pattern on the durban is quite pretty ,
intresting to see how long those thai go , close on 10 weeks already ,
doesnt look half way yet , hehehe ..

Thanks a bunch Donald, and welcome to the thread. These plants have been a pleasure to grow. They're a real treat if you're up to the challenge.

The Durban are definitely some of the prettiest plants Ive had grace my garden. I wish I could just freeze them in their growth stage and keep them as ornamentals. :peacock: They're just so purrrtttyyy.

Back to the Thai-C. Ive ran her before to 145 days-ish, and she needed more time. I wouldn't be shocked if I hit 180+ days. Thankfully blumats + CRF make it a breeze. I really dont have to devote alot of time to her maintenance. Just sit back and wait. :biggrin:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips Durban Poison D Update Day 45

Afropips Durban Poison D Update Day 45

Its been awhile since you all have gotten to see much Durban Poison. Im showing off DP-D tonight. She's my favorite among the DP and easily stands heads and shoulders above the others in terms of growth and structure. Compact, with nice lateral branching. None of the other 3 Durbans started at the same time can compare to this lady. Yes, she is a girl. I noticed some pistils a few days ago. Woohooo!

I believe my twin DPs are both boys. Lots of testing to do with them before ever using for seeds though. Stress testing, flower out long enough to see if any pistils develop, as well as utilizing Florel to aid in the process on a clone of the males.

She's been transplanted into a 2 gallon fabric grow bag I believe or 3 gallon. Gonna transplant the males into larger containers as soon as I get more media. Ill compare roots of fabric vs plastic a few weeks down the line and share pics.

Now some pics of DP-D. Enjoy Donald M, and all. Thanks for following along everyone!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

idiit

Veteran
^ most of the Durban's I've seen ( mostly pics. of other grows) do have wld influence. I don't think necessarily that's a sign of genetic adam pollution. seems dp grown down in south Africa had the wld influence for a long time.

seeds of Africa Durban had a lot of wld influence. I went for the nld phenos and it took two packs to find 2 nld pheno gals and 1 nld dom ( some wld influence ) non hermie male.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Plants look beautiful and very healthy man... yeah DP's Durban is probably Durban X Skunk by Sam, just like any other dutch source of durbans. Looks super WLD influenced indeed.

vibes.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
^ most of the Durban's I've seen ( mostly pics. of other grows) do have wld influence. I don't think necessarily that's a sign of genetic adam pollution. seems dp grown down in south Africa had the wld influence for a long time.

seeds of Africa Durban had a lot of wld influence. I went for the nld phenos and it took two packs to find 2 nld pheno gals and 1 nld dom ( some wld influence ) non hermie male.

Thanks for the helpful feedback Idiit. Your experience matches what Ive read and seen in other Durban grow logs. None of my previous Afropips gear lead me astray, and I dont expect that now. Come flowering though, we will know for sure.

Plants look beautiful and very healthy man... yeah DP's Durban is probably Durban X Skunk by Sam, just like any other dutch source of durbans. Looks super WLD influenced indeed.

vibes.

Thanks Mustafunk. Keeping these plants healthy has been an easy job so far, as long as I remember to water on schedule, and mix up a batch of WSF occasionally. The Osmocote is doing a good job and most of the heavy lifting.

I believe that to be true about Dutch Passions Durban too. Ive seen some of the buds around here, and they're too chunky to be pure, imo.

Ive got to rush off to get more media before work if I want to transplant the other two Durban Males.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Clone Update

Clone Update

Last night I decided to check on my Thai cuttings to see if they had rooted yet. Its been 12 days since they went into the self-watering burpee seed starter. They looked like shit up top with lots of yellowing, and leaf tip scorching from the severe N deficiency, but they rooted rather well. Now Im using 200ppm solution to help stave off the yellowing and so far its working well with my Shit cuttings from 4-5 days ago who look nice and healthy still. Ill continue to stick with the 200ppm solution.

I also soaked the rooters overnight w/ feed solution for the Mr Nice Shits, but I didn't before with the Thai. A mistake on my part. Does anyone else out there use a mild feed solution when cloning? Id love to hear about your experiences?

3 of the cuttings had rooted enough to transplant. Of the remaining 3, two are showing roots but not enough to transplant yet, with one showing no roots. Im using Osmocote @ 4grams/gallon this time. A decrease of 1gram/gallon from before. For anyone considering trying out Osmocote, Im still a long way off from settling on a rate. Use with caution.

Now pics of the Thai Clones.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Clone #3

Clone #3

Update continued...

This clone is screaming for a feeding. Ill be giving the clones their first feed tonight 450-500PPM. My measurements aren't always exact hence the range. :biggrin: Lots of roots on all of these clones. I count 20+ on just one side of the rapid rooters for each 3 of these clones. Some of the sides have less shoots though. I likely wasn't very consistent with my scraping of the stems on the cuttings. I kinda do it haphazardly, which explains why some of the sides of the rooters have 25 root tips, while others have half as many.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison Group 2 Update

Durban Poison Group 2 Update

Its Day 25 from seed for this batch of Durban P in these pics. The pics were taken on the 9th right before transplant. Keeping them in the smaller containers constricted their growth to a degree. I also didn't pamper them like I did the last group so the roots aren't nearly as robust. Another blow to vigor there too. Since the transplant into .75gallon containers they've taken off though, with lots of white fuzzy roots coming out of the edges of the rootballs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ive got just a bit more to share tonight everyone.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
A few more pics

A few more pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh yeah, IN before the Indica comments begin.

I ended up not using the Air pots for the DP as the pots are too small. I did use those pots to start 4 Skunkman HazeSkunk F2's I made from my haziest lady a few years ago. All 4 seedlings are up and growing as I type this. I need to begin running through more of those seeds. I can't wait to see what I find in them. If you order anything from the boo/bay definitely request the HazeSkunk freebie of Sams if you want to experience outstanding Haze in a manageable form.

gorilla ganja

Everything is looking beautiful. The Durban I'm growing from DP is very wide leafed as well.
Grows very fast. I might do a run of Durbans from various seed banks next yr to see the difference.
keep up the great work.
Peace GG

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Everything is looking beautiful. The Durban I'm growing from DP is very wide leafed as well.
Grows very fast. I might do a run of Durbans from various seed banks next yr to see the difference.
keep up the great work.
Peace GG

Welcome GG. Thanks for props. These plants have been a real pleasure to grow so far. I just hope they realize how many plants had to suffer before them, in an effort to train me to grow well. :biggrin:

I wish my Durban had more vigor like yours, but the Thai makes up for it in spades. I may have to cut them back heavily soon as some are closing in on 5 feet tall.

I like your idea of running various Durbans. I wouldn't mind running a second line of Durban P and comparing results. If its good, crossing it with the Afropips line could increase vigor.

Best of luck with your Durban. I think ill check out your log so I can see how your Durban progress.

JACKBAYBEH

i'm confused too. 'course that's a normal mental state or me and I've grown accustomed to it. :)

^ dc, what do you think phoenix haze's genetics are?

Hey fellas! Nice thread here Dave. Looking forward to seeing these Durbans finish out. Been on the hunt for a good Durban or Durban cross the past year or so myself. (I want SnowHigh's Devil's Tit!!) Was reading through the thread and thought I'd comment on the phoenix haze. FWIW, the Dutch Grown bust info you posted is how I remember hearing it myself when it happened.(back in 04/05 maybe) She had spanked a NH male onto NH and SSH females. Seeds were ripe in the bracts when the Cops made their play. I suppose as they were confiscating the plants they were jostled around enough to where beans fell out and were left on the floor. Of course she couldn't tell what was SSHxNH and what was NHxNH. They were passed to JLP and others. MoonshineMan aka Scott of RareDankness got some also I believe. I believe he crossed it to Dr. Jay's trainwreck and that's where the TWHaze stud was selected from. I still have a few of JLP's C99 pineapple pheno x phoenix haze on ice. I'd say it's very likely that she passed some to Afropips as well. I think the beans were called phoenix haze in reference to her project getting a new life after being burned by LEO. That's what I remember of it. But, it's been over a decade ago so..... :tiphat: