What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
GN Thai Stick Male Update

GN Thai Stick Male Update

Well I have some bad news. My lone remaining male began sporting pistils a few days ago, so I had no choice but to go ahead and cut him/her down along with the clone. Not a single pure male out of the pack. Im not surprised though. Ill just have to buy some more packs to run.

A few pictures to remember the plant by.

This is what the clone looked like 25 days ago.

picture.php

Now. How I do love the vigor of these Thai.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

Bob Green

Digging the Thai, and Durban so far Dave!

How tall are you predicting the Thai will get?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Killin it! Those bettys look scrumptious.

Trig

Thanks triggle. Just wait till they really begin packing on the weight and stank. Its gonna be glorious!!!

Digging the Thai, and Durban so far Dave!

How tall are you predicting the Thai will get?

Thanks for dropping in Bob Green. They sure are something nice. Ive already had to chop all of the Thai back multiple times so far during flowering. Once they started getting taller than me, I had to cut them back down. Each one has been topped and had all side branches topped, then those side branches topped again, and now Im on the third wave of topping side-branches just to keep them from getting too tall. If I hadn't topped them, they would easily reach my 10 ft ceiling. Ill do a Thai update soon so you all can see the results.

Ive got a quick DP-D update coming up next. Enjoy it all.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 25 Durban Poison D Update

Day 25 Durban Poison D Update

This lady is blowing me away right out of the gate. Beautiful x-mas tree shape, fast-flowering, and purple buds! Oh how lovely a plant she is. I hope the remaining 6 ladies are just as spectacular.

She's also a nutrient hog, depleting the nutrient solution of around 800ppm in under 2 days. I fed her 32oz of GH 3part Flora series 6.25/6.25/5ml/gallon earlier tonight. Using 4 or 5 grams of Osmocote/gallon of media is not enough for a flowering plant without repeated WSF applications. My GN Thai Stick A at Day 100 has bottomed out her fertility levels and she has 18grams/gallon Osmocote, but she rarely got any WSF applications. Back to tweaking rates.

Now for the pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DC that DP has got some big internodal spacing, how far along is she into flower? 2/3 weeks?

And that thai looks so ninja...

Dave Coulier

Veteran
DC that DP has got some big internodal spacing, how far along is she into flower? 2/3 weeks?

And that thai looks so ninja...

Oh yes, she definitely stretched more than I anticipated, but I believe Im partially to blame. I had her packed in the middle of all the plants at the beginning of flowering surrounding her. Crowding plant too close together will trigger a Shade Avoidance Response and causes plants to stretch in an attempt to outgrow each other and reach the light.

She's closing in on 4 weeks flowering now, and Im hoping no more stretch will occur, but its allowing more light to reach lower parts of the plant. Ive had issues before with too dense canopies from compact plants which left lots of lower branches unable to develop fully with little usable light reaching them.

The future clone will be more compact though. Speaking of clones, I think I should probably go take cuttings of them all. Time to tend to the ladies.

Buddle

Veteran
Love this thread. I have grown some of Dr Atomics Thai lights but nothing pure thai. My brother lives in thailand and is going to send me some beans..How old are your "Shit" beans? I sourced mine directly from shanti @ 3 yrs ago or more and unfortunately they were VERY prone to hermi..First commercial genetics I ever had hermi outside..I still love Shantis stuff..My la Nina is awesome..

JACKBAYBEH

The DP looking awesome there Dave. That's another strain I missed out on back in the day. Eye-balled Afropips offerings but never pulled the trigger. My bad.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Love this thread. I have grown some of Dr Atomics Thai lights but nothing pure thai. My brother lives in thailand and is going to send me some beans..How old are your "Shit" beans? I sourced mine directly from shanti @ 3 yrs ago or more and unfortunately they were VERY prone to hermi..First commercial genetics I ever had hermi outside..I still love Shantis stuff..My la Nina is awesome..

Thanks a bundle, Buddle! Ill have to get some more updates rolling in on a regular basis for you and everyone else to enjoy. I got some pics of the 2nd group of DP in the flower room that Ill begin sharing tonight, and tomorrow.

Pure Thai is a real treat to grow, but definitely a challenge for even the most advanced growers. If you can master it, which Im a far way off :biggrin:, those 60-70 Day Flowering plants become a breeze to care for. I enjoy the challenge and I strongly encourage you to pop those beans soon as you get a chance to.

I hope you have better luck finding pure males and pure females. Ive got one known pure female out of two packs so far, with 3 more females flowering from my second batch of seeds. I hope none show intersex but I do expect at least 1 to do so later on.

@ Shit, I got mine a little further back than you, 2010. Ive never gotten to run them outdoors, but indoors lots of hermi issues as well. Id say around 70% went Hermi from original seeds I bought from Mr. Nice, and the seeds Ive grown out since are not much different. My latest run of the seeds I made resulted in 9 females, and Ive only got 3 left after eliminating others because of intersex issues. Some were not as severe as others, but Im not allowing any to stay if they show the trait.

I only continue to run the line because it does have some really nice qualities aside from intersex issues. Calyx size is the largest of any line Ive ran, and it really shows when used in outcrossing. The resulting offspring end up with massive sized calyxes, much tighter bud structure and increased density. Really ratchets up the stink factor too. An 8th of it in a plastic baggie would make your house/apartment reek within 1-2 minutes of stepping inside. The fast flowering is always a nice boon too.

Here are a few pics of Sam's HazeSkunk x Mr. Nice Shit. I called her Goofy Bud as she looked like Disney's Goofy from the side. This type of bud structure occurred in about 20% of plants, which out-yielded every other type of bud-structure. A nice hybrid of Haze Bud & Skunk Bud Structure. The other remaining plants leaned heavily towards Skunk bud structure.

Yes, this plant was grown in a dixie cup its whole life. Thats not a branch cut from a larger plant and put in there.

picture.php

Sadly, Ive had much larger plants produce less than that single bud..

picture.php

I like it when my buds are a handful just like my...:whistling:
picture.php

Ive always wanted to run La Nina, but after having Nanner issues with Black Widow as well, I decided not to invest in those seeds. Not one of his cheapest lines available. How good is La Nina?

That DP is looking like some kill brother, love it

Thanks for the love SD. Im really happy with how she is turning out. In a few weeks the second batch of DP will be showing their true colors. We'll get to see if the fast-flowering purple DP-D is the norm or not for this line I have.

The DP looking awesome there Dave. That's another strain I missed out on back in the day. Eye-balled Afropips offerings but never pulled the trigger. My bad.

Much appreciated Jackbaybeh. I do find her rather alluring when I eyeball her. Heh. Im glad I was able to snatch up as much of his offerings before he left the business. I wish I was smart and made seeds of the Senegal Haze, and Swazi Red I once had. :( I also had his Malawi Gold but that grow was a disaster and I f'd it all up. Thankfully two of those lines have been saved/reproduced by growers on these boards. I wonder if anyone ever saved his Swazi Red.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips Dp-F Update

Afropips Dp-F Update

Day 69 from Seed/ 5 or 6 Days Flowering.

This is DP-F, the first up of our new females for every ones viewing pleasure. Please dont make her feel uncomfortable with your stares gentlemen. She's a first-timer and a little nervous. Ladies, you can stare all you want. She enjoys that. :biggrin:

Joking aside, lets be honest, though. She aint got shit on DP-D in terms of structure or over-all looks. Not my most impressive DP of the bunch. Thankfully there are more to come!

picture.php

picture.php

I transplanted her and all the other DP(6 In total females from 2nd batch) into 2.5 gallon and a 3 gallon container because I ran out of 2.5 gallon containers. Ive also upped the Osmocote feed levels to 8grams/gallon of media. DP-D had high ec levels during veg/early flowering, but now that full flowering has set in, she's a nutrient hog and 4grams of Osmocote can't keep her fed without requiring WSF feedings every 3-4 days.

Next up DP-I.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP-I Update

Afropips DP-I Update

Day 69 from Seed/Day 5 Flowering:

This one a little better than our previous one. Lacking in side-branching though, but I do like that she is compact. Fow now at least.

picture.php

The necrosis on the fan leaves is either from it growing into the t5s and getting burned before being moved into flower room, or I spilled nutrients on the foliage and failed to notice/wipe it off. Just a scratch for this pretty lady.

picture.php

Next up is DP-E

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP-E Update

Afropips DP-E Update

Now its DP-E turn to show off a little. She's the best looking one of tonight's plants, and I dont think DP-K coming up next looks comparable. So let's crown her the beauty queen of tonight's pageant before we even present the last contestant.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP-K Update

Afropips DP-K Update

Our last entry and our 2nd place beauty queen is DP-K. I look forward to seeing how she and all the others develop over the next 2-3 months. This should be fun. Ill snap some pics tonight of the other DP for everyone. Here are the last two for now.

DP-K @ 69 Days from Seed, 5 Days Flowering:

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Mr. Nice Shit A1 @ 63 Days 11/14

Mr. Nice Shit A1 @ 63 Days 11/14

This updates for you Buddle. Some sexy frosty Shit. No nanners yet. *fingers crossed*

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP-G Update

Afropips DP-G Update

Next up is DP-G. She and M coming up next are looking pretty good. Nice lateral branching on these two compared the others as well, but Im still enamored with DP-D though. She's the Queen Bee of this group. Im starving, so Ill keep this short. Time to get up some pics of G & M. Then Ill share some pics of Thai Stick-A later on today who has been flowering for 4 months+ I believe.

Day 70 From Seed/6 Days Flowering 11/14

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP-M Update

Afropips DP-M Update

Day 70 From Seed/6 Days Flowering 11/14

And finally our last lady, DP-M. Not a bad looking specimen so far, but were months away from knowing how each one of these ladies will turn out. I hope no-ones patience is wearing off yet. You'll need more as we wait for the Thai to finish. 53 or 54 days in and they're just now beginning to bud. Ill likely do an update for them once they hit the two month mark flowering.

picture.php

picture.php