What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Metallic Purple DP F2 Shots

Metallic Purple DP F2 Shots

I snapped a few more shots of one of my fav DP F2's that I think will really illustrate what I mean when I say she is a metallic purple..Ive never seen any plant like this since I started growing close to a decade ago. She's really something to look at.

Snapped some pics of an equally stunning sister plant that I need to process first, but they'll be the next DP sister we get to check out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I love how this shot turned out. The green fan leaf is from a Green Durban F2. The contrast really illustrates the metallic purple look of this plants fan leaves.

picture.php

Upskirt shot.

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Nice Dave. Very nice. My apologies for the late reply.lol. You asked about the La Nina. I started four seeds and got one female. I flowered the seedplant in a 2.5 gal bucket. She was very hazy looking. She reminded me a lot of Mango Haze. She smelled and tasted like mangoes. Coated with resin. Unfortunately the pics I took of her are about four computers ago.
I also got a really nice male. I pollinated the Corey Gains Stardawg cut . I really need to start the rest of the pack. Love your threads Dave and remember you from the Mr nice site.

Im late at getting around to things too, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

Ive got some Mr. Nice Lines myself still to grow out too. Mr Nice SkunkHaze and Nevils Haze Ive been sitting on for a few years or more just waiting for the right time to grow them out. We'll both get there eventually I suppose.

Thanks for enjoying the threads and following along. I appreciate it greatly.

Tbh dave i assumed they were from breeder pack dp, hence my contam comment lol. Looks sexy up in here, add some cindy to that durban thai for a flash back to OG forums and heavens stairway.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Thats entirely possible, whether intentional or not on Afropips end. Im still pretty satisfied with my purchase either way. :biggrin:

Maybe someday down the line someone out there will get to cross the DT to their Cindy. Should be some outstanding smoke.

Goldslug

I snapped a few more shots of one of my fav DP F2's that I think will really illustrate what I mean when I say she is a metallic purple..Ive never seen any plant like this since I started growing close to a decade ago. She's really something to look at.

Snapped some pics of an equally stunning sister plant that I need to process first, but they'll be the next DP sister we get to check out.

View Image

View Image

View Image

I love how this shot turned out. The green fan leaf is from a Green Durban F2. The contrast really illustrates the metallic purple look of this plants fan leaves.

View Image

Upskirt shot.

View Image

:thank you:

Dave Coulier

Veteran

Glad you liked em GoldSlug. Ive got some pics of another pheno/geno that you should like as well in this post. Enjoy!

Not far off looking like some sort of cookie hybrid

The end is getting close for these 'Kush' leaning phenos. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them weren't ready within a few weeks from now. The more I see these plants the more I believe what we started with was an F1 Hybrid involving some Indica.

Down below are some pics of another fast pheno in the F2's. I think she'll be ready by day 60-65. This plant and the metallic purple pheno are the two plants that really stand out among the rest. Most of the Durban F2's look very similar in bud structure and fan leaves, but these two are my favorites so far because of their unique look. I hope they turn out to be excellent smoke.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Wow...!!!...

Wow...!!!...

Hey Dave, I just read this entire thread from the very beginning and I truely loved it I must say ...!!!...

Those root balls towards the begining of the thread just blew me away... awsome man, just awsome...!!!... they have to be the healthiest roots I’ve ever seen...

I’m really interested in your watering technique... I really want to start watering my plants like that... just seems like it could be pretty time consuming ... but if the roots aren’t healthy , the plant really suffers...

I just wanted to thank you for all the info...!!!...

Have a great day buddy...!!!...

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey Dave, I just read this entire thread from the very beginning and I truely loved it I must say ...!!!...

Those root balls towards the begining of the thread just blew me away... awsome man, just awsome...!!!... they have to be the healthiest roots I’ve ever seen...

I’m really interested in your watering technique... I really want to start watering my plants like that... just seems like it could be pretty time consuming ... but if the roots aren’t healthy , the plant really suffers...

I just wanted to thank you for all the info...!!!...

Have a great day buddy...!!!...

Welcome to the thread Nickman. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through the thread. It had to take a good chunk of your time up, so thank you again for following along.

Pulse hand-watering with a syringe definitely is time consuming, but it will produce some of the healthiest roots you'll ever see. I also recommend using Rootshield Plus to help protect your roots too.

Thanks goes to Spurr for introducing me to pulse-watering long ago.

Lately, when Ive been watering groups of plants, say the Durbans, Ill give one plant 2 oz of feed, move onto the next plant and give it 2oz of feed, move onto the 3rd plant and give it 2oz of feed. Ill circle around all 12 Durbans each getting 2 oz, then Ill start over again. Each plant fed 2 oz of water at a time until I reach the final volume I want to give them is met.

It does take up more time but it gives each plant some time for the feed/water to wick its way through the media before I apply a second helping.

If you only run a small number of plants, I would recommend watering 1/3rd of total volume you want to apply, wait 15 minutes, apply another 1/3rd, then 15 more minutes and apply the final 3rd.

I recommend using containers that dont have drainage holes if you want to keep those roots white and fuzzy longer. I know that goes against conventional wisdom-that we need drainage holes, and we need to water to run-off, but Ive found that drainage holes, and watering to run off works against us.

If you're watering to run-off that means you've likely reached your mediums capacity to hold any more water, hence the run-off. At that saturation point, the roothairs are likely to die off, as the roots do not need the container at 100% saturation. The roots would prefer a moist environment but not a soaking wet medium. If you grow in clear containers, you can easily observe the difference in root growth by varying moisture levels in the medium.

W/ regards to no drainage holes, IME containers with no holes, are better able to maintain a humid environment surrounding the roots/rootball. The RH in the rootzone will be more stable and higher giving us better conditions for improved root growth. If there are drainage holes, the RH isn't as stable, drops faster, and exposed roots are more likely to become desiccated w/ root hair die off.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Lately, when Ive been watering groups of plants, say the Durbans, Ill give one plant 2 oz of feed, move onto the next plant and give it 2oz of feed, move onto the 3rd plant and give it 2oz of feed. Ill circle around all 12 Durbans each getting 2 oz, then Ill start over again. Each plant fed 2 oz of water at a time until I reach the final volume I want to give them is met.

I have been doing the same thing lately using a Chapin cement sprayer. Fill up the sprayer and lightly mist each plant's soil. By the time they all are misted, they are ready for the next round.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I have been doing the same thing lately using a Chapin cement sprayer. Fill up the sprayer and lightly mist each plant's soil. By the time they all are misted, they are ready for the next round.

I like the way you do it. Ive a small 1.5 liter spray-pump that would be perfect for watering that way. Ill have to try that for my plants in larger containers. I think ill find it better than using a 2 oz syringe to water plants in 3 gallon containers.:biggrin:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
PNG 2 Month Mark Update

PNG 2 Month Mark Update

Im back with another update on the PNG everyone. Its been around 1.5 months since we last saw the lil ones... Crazy how fast time flys/flies/whogivesashit?? They've remained in 9 oz containers this entire time, and its done a good job keeping them short and compact. All the plants look very similar to each other almost as if clones. One male is a couple inches taller than the others, but all the others look very similar. Those tiny containers do have a draw back though..

Really should have transplanted sooner as its very difficult to keep them properly watered when they're this size in very small containers. Exposed roots have become desiccated and root hairs died off as well when the rootballs shrunk away from the sides of the container walls, which was a result of prolonged moisture stress. Long way of saying I should have watered more frequently, but plants are still looking good in spite of that. They'll really take off once I give them a transplant, but It'll be into 1 gallon containers, as I still want to restrict their growth somewhat to keep them manageable.

Currently we have 6 females, 3 boys, and 1 unknown.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
DP F2 Update

DP F2 Update

Were about 73ish Days into flowering for the F2's at this point, and harvest is going to begin very soon for some of our girls.

Here we have a plant that represents most of the F2's. About 50% of them look like this plant. Some are a lil further along than others, but buds all look the same, and all have green leaves fading to purple and other autumn colors.

The remaining 50% represent the metallic purplex2, Rosebudx2, and one ugly mess of a plant that Ill need to share for you guys before I cut it down.

picture.php

Didn't do so well in maintaining fan leaves deep into flowering, but I was able to keep the canopy intact.

picture.php

If a plants leaves could have arthritis, Im pretty sure this is what it'd look like.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
Hey Dave,
I was just thinking about checking in here the other day.

The PNG look great, especially considering their small container size and infrequent watering.

I'm curious how long they took to start showing sex, and under what light cycle you're keeping them.

I ended up getting a gift of a small quantity of these, but my indoor plans have fallen through, so I'm hoping to get some in a guerilla plot for a late season seed run. Your DP F2s will go in another spot, and I'm thinking about also running some Nepali and Flo to both ensure a crop of finished flowers and possibly provide pollen for crosses with the long bloomers that likely won't finish.

As usual, the colors on the DP are gorgeous. I can't wait to get a few in the ground!

How are your 2oz minis doing?

Last edited:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey Dave,
I was just thinking about checking in here the other day.

The PNG look great, especially considering their small container size and infrequent watering.

I'm curious how long they took to start showing sex, and under what light cycle you're keeping them.

I ended up getting a gift of a small quantity of these, but my indoor plans have fallen through, so I'm hoping to get some in a guerilla plot for a late season seed run. Your DP F2s will go in another spot, and I'm thinking about also running some Nepali and Flo to both ensure a crop of finished flowers and possibly provide pollen for crosses with the long bloomers that likely won't finish.

As usual, the colors on the DP are gorgeous. I can't wait to get a few in the ground!

How are your 2oz minis doing?

The PNG have been troopers in those lil containers. They're holding up well for me. I think Ive got them on a 17/7 schedule right now.

I think plants started showing sex around 1.5 months or maybe just right past that time. Didn't take as long as I expected for plants that will flower for 20+weeks.

Awesome that you get to grow them out too. Going to run them out doors? Gonna be able to take them to the finish line outdoors in your location? Hope so, Id love to see this PNG done outdoors.

Have fun with the DP F2s, Nepali, and FLO this year. Sounds like a nice selection to run. Ill be excited to see the DP outdoors as Ive yet to see any. Indoors is nice, but I want to see a big bushy DP outdoors rocking some chunky purple buds. :biggrin:

Regarding the 2oz Cups, check out this link. My updates will typically appear in that thread rather than here.

djimb

Veteran
The PNG have been troopers in those lil containers. They're holding up well for me. I think Ive got them on a 17/7 schedule right now.

I think plants started showing sex around 1.5 months or maybe just right past that time. Didn't take as long as I expected for plants that will flower for 20+weeks.

Awesome that you get to grow them out too. Going to run them out doors? Gonna be able to take them to the finish line outdoors in your location? Hope so, Id love to see this PNG done outdoors.

Have fun with the DP F2s, Nepali, and FLO this year. Sounds like a nice selection to run. Ill be excited to see the DP outdoors as Ive yet to see any. Indoors is nice, but I want to see a big bushy DP outdoors rocking some chunky purple buds. :biggrin:

Regarding the 2oz Cups, check out this link. My updates will typically appear in that thread rather than here.

I'm glad to hear it'll show preflowers before 12/12. End of july, early August should be perfect then. Hopefully they'll just start flowering as soon as they're mature. Still, the 2:1 female to make ratio isn't so promising if I only start a few.

I think I'm probably too far north to finish them properly outdoors, but if I can get a fair amount of seed and a little speedy, immature bud from them, I'll be happy. I guess we'll see how well they handle frost.

It seems like some of the quicker DO penis might finish in time, so you'll get to see something finish.

I'm thinking about starting some GN Laos, too. We'll see...

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I'm glad to hear it'll show preflowers before 12/12. End of july, early August should be perfect then. Hopefully they'll just start flowering as soon as they're mature. Still, the 2:1 female to make ratio isn't so promising if I only start a few.

I think I'm probably too far north to finish them properly outdoors, but if I can get a fair amount of seed and a little speedy, immature bud from them, I'll be happy. I guess we'll see how well they handle frost.

It seems like some of the quicker DO penis might finish in time, so you'll get to see something finish.

I'm thinking about starting some GN Laos, too. We'll see...

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

I think Azure mentioned they take around 20 weeks, so you probably wont get to finish, but lets hope for a chance to make seeds.

Id love to see some GN Laos shown off, so I hope you'll start them eventually. Should be a fun line to grow out.

Now whats this about PENIS?????:biggrin:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
On a side note, if anyone was ever wanting anything from Bay/Boo at a discounted price check out realgorilla

They've got lots of seeds listed right now at big discounts. Seeds are a bit old, but that doesn't bother me one bit.

Last night I picked up:
Ace Seeds Oldtimers Haze & Purple Haze
Mr Nice La Nina & G13xHaze
Classic Seeds Hawaiian Skunk x Romulan, Berry Indica IBL, G13 x Oaxaca x Afghan x Lebanese

I just had to get the Ace offerings as well as Mr Nice ones for when I do my Haze off grow. Eventually Ill find a really nice Haze or Haze Hybrid to cross with the DP. Long way off from enjoying those beans, but im excited for it. Ive had my eye on those Classic Seed offerings for awhile. Plenty more beans on there I want too, but can't blow all my money on beans.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP x GN Thai Stick

Afropips DP x GN Thai Stick

I wanted to share a favorite in my garden right now of a DPxTS hybrid. I think there are 3 such ladies in the flowering room atm, but this is the one that stands out the most. From the very beginning of flower, she had gorgeous purple buds. The previous few of this line Ive flowered out so far all started green but turned purple as flowering progressed. This lady bucks that trend and is rather plump for herself too. Surprising since most of the DP plants that are purple from beginning, end up having the smallest buds.

May have hit BINGO with this girl. Still have to wait and see if any intersex traits pop up later on. From running the DPxThai in the 2 oz containers, around 20% of plants are intersex, that I culled at the onset of flowering. Number could go up in the end. Bummer. Im sure we can improve that # with each new gen, and get it much lower. Another challenge to overcome, I accept.

This is a plant solely under 315w CMH. On the outside footprint since its so tall, and its doing amazing. No worries of the upper canopy becoming chlorotic like has occurred under HPS and even MH before. I imagine it could still occur if I got it too close, but so far so good.

Foliage is very healthy and green, with just one lower leaf on the bottom becoming a bit pale. Gonna give her some stronger feeds of Dynagro Grow to keep her greened up. She's got a good 1.5 to 2 months left ahead of her before Id consider her harvest ready.

This plant is about 5.5 feet tall and is in a 1 gallon container.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php