What's new

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think its fasciation
Well it looks like the trifoliate Durban that had outgrown that trait has came back with even more of the problem. She started with 3 leaves per node, and slowly returned to normal. Today I discovered she had actually auto-topped herself, and the new top tripled down on the number of leaves per node.

This plant has 8 that you can see in the picture, with another 2 on the backside! Im just gonna let the plant keep doing its weird thing for awhile and see what happens next.

View Image

View Image

Azure

You should write a book detailing all of your techniques. I'm sure it'd be a best seller in the community.
The PNG look uniform and healthy. How long will they remain in the cups?
Peace

Last edited:

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should write a book detailing all of your techniques. I'm sure it'd be a best seller in the community.
The PNG look uniform and healthy. How long with they remain in the cups?
Peace

I agree - from Daves' seedling feed rate testing to the rare/throwback genetics. It would sell

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I think its fasciation

I think you're right about that. The stem of it is kinda shaped like a U. Im gonna take a few pics of it soon and share them here. I actually cut that branch off the plant, and put it in a cup of water about 10 days ago. Its already developed a bunch of roots, and is ready for transplanting. Once it gets big enough Ill flower the thing out so we can see some weird bud formation from it :)

The PNG look uniform and healthy. How long will they remain in the cups?
Peace

Thank you for the confidence in my techniques, but I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to prepare a gardening book. Everyone will just have to read my thread for now to learn my ways.

Ill keep the PNG in the cups for 3 weeks from germ, and then Ill transplant into 1 gallon containers. A few more weeks in one gallon containers, and then they'll be transplanted into 2-2.5 gallon containers before flowering. Cuttings will be taken early in flowering, so we have backups of each plant. Ill likely flower out each lady 2 times before starting any eliminations.

Just when i was starting to get over the loss of my chocolate thai....

Sorry to make you sad Roosta :). You'll just have to pick up some more Thai and find a replacement. Hope you'll find something of quality to replace the Chocolate Thai someday.

I agree - from Daves' seedling feed rate testing to the rare/throwback genetics. It would sell

Thanks for the support Hash. Im glad to have contributed something worthwhile to the community here.

oh, you got the png! super sweet.
my garden sure is lonely without this strain. easily one of my top wants.

Good to know we got some PNG admirers in here. Ill try to put on a good show of them for ya. Im sure you're not the only person who is interested in them. Maybe the person who got them to me will make them available someday.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Classic Seeds Golden Diesel

Classic Seeds Golden Diesel

We haven't seen the Golden Diesels in awhile, so I snapped some pics of a girl I had to take down early. Unfortunately she had several nanners in her main cola.

A real shame as she was the fastest developing with the largest buds of the the group. She even had begun to show some purpling of fan leaves. A few of the GD's are developing purpling in the buds and foliage. Not as intense as the DP, but still glad to have that trait.

Hope to soon snap some pics of another female that is the exact opposite in bud structure. Very airy delicate bud structure, but looks amazing still.

These pics were taken at around Day 50 of flowering. I estimated this girl needed about another month before harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
DP F2 Update

DP F2 Update

I wanted to share a plant from the 12 F2 females that is gorgeous to look at but makes me strongly consider if Afropips DP is actually a DPxPCK hybrid, or maybe a PCK hybrid..

Found about 3-4 plants out of the 12 females that have similar appearance. Ill have to group those females together and get a shot of them all. Two of them started flowering w/ purple buds, while another began green, and is now turning purple from the tip of the calyxes. That one has a interesting bud structure developing on it. Ill share pics of the others soon, but here is the first lady I want to show off.

Here is what she looked like back on 4/10/18 around 25 or 26 Days flowering..

picture.php

picture.php

4/18/18 5 Weeks into flowering.. The fan leaves are taking on the most amazing blue/purple hue. Nothing like anything the other 12 females are doing. Lights off temps have been in the low 60's lately.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Perhaps pollination wasnt under strict control on reproduction...the old ones had no kush influence.

True the 1st generation didn't have any plants that looked exactly like the one pictured above, but if Afropips offering was actually a F1 involving PCK, its no surprise we wouldn't see plants that look like this one until the F2's.

I doubt this is an issue of another strains pollen hitting up the DP females. I prefer to only collect pollen from a single strains males at a time to avoid cross contamination. Also, I dont have any Kush varieties in my garden. Shit is the variety in my garden that I know of that has some Indica in it(Afghani), and Ive never had any Shit plants look like that particular DP.

Hope Realhash will pop in soon and give us his thoughts on that plant. He's grown plenty of PCK, and PCK hybrids so I'd like to hear what he says.

Either way, Phylos Galaxy Test will be ordered within the next month as long as its not an issue of me being in a non-legal state. That should provide a lot of light on this mystery.

Beautiful plants regardless!

Thanks Bootz. She's a looker. I can't wait to see how she changes weeks from now. I wouldn't be surprised if the buds go purple too. Should provide for some good photos then.

Yeah no doubt and Happy 420

Happy 420 to you too Illuminate and everyone else following along. I hope you all have your stashes overflowing for today! I just trimmed up some small Mr. Nice Shit plants last night that Im enjoying now. Perfect timing!

Ill have to get another update for today since it is 4/20. Im thinking the DPxTSG micro plants in 2 oz containers. Then Ill probably post some plants of the larger plants in 1 gallon containers. I think you guys will like the side by side of the two different groups. :)

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Well Im 4 days late for that 4/20 update. Im on that stoner time ya know. :biggrin:

Ive got the pics loaded into lightroom atm. Gonna prepare the photos and post up some pics of the DPxTS-G micro plants as well as one of the larger plants.

We'll kick things off with a couple of fan leaf shots. I dont know if you all get excited over healthy beautiful fan leaves, but I find them as appealing as buds, but Im a lil weird..

These fan leaves belong to DPxShit. Only have one of them in veg right now. Ive still got photos of harvest shots of the 3 DPxShits I harvested awhile ago that I need to prepare and post. Maybe thats a tomorrow thing.

Of all the DP hybrids(DPxShit, DPxTS-G, DPxGD, DurbanThaixGD) Ive got in the veg tent, this DPxShit plant has the most appealing fan leaves out of the group. I love the lil devil horn blades at the base of her large fan leaves. Just sexy.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison x Thai Stick G Micro Update

Durban Poison x Thai Stick G Micro Update

6 weeks ago I started a batch of DPxTSG in 2oz containers, and I ended up with 18 healthy seedlings. 14 remain now. Two males were culled as Im only interested in females this micro run. 2 other plants were culled for intersex expression. Got some work to do to remove this trait from future generations.

If I can keep the plants healthy from seed to harvest in 2 oz containers, I should be able to grow out large populations of plants within small spaces searching for those special plants that will be used for F2s.

The tiny containers, and being on the outside of the lights footprint has really slowed their growth down alot, but they're all healthy nonetheless. Some of these plants may end up being under 12 inches when its all over. About a 3rd were tall and stretchy, another 3rd are short and compact, with the final 3rd being of somewhere in the middle of the other two.

The plant in the bottom right had its top snapped off by my carelessness, so we'll get to see how one that is topped ends up. The rest will remain untopped.

Watering happens every night. 15ml for the tall plants, 10-15ml for the medium plants, and 5-10ml for the smallest ones. Been working pretty good so far. Still dont have them setup for capillary mat, and have been just hand-watering with my lil syringe.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This plants fan leaf reminds me of Ducks Foot MJ. Cool to look out, but it only occurred on this node. The newer fan leaves are normal looking.

picture.php

This is one of the tall plants below.

picture.php

More pics to follow later.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
@ RoostaPhish Tiny Indeed. Ive never tried anything so small before, but I like a good challenge. Anyone else crazy enough to try it too?????

@Thejact Ill stick my nose into the flowering Golden Diesels tonight and get back to you, but they do smell musky for sure.

picture.php

Below is a micro DurbanThai cradled among a fan leaf from a sister plant thats in a 1 gallon container. The fan leaf belongs to a plant that is 1-2 months older though. Of all the DP Hybrids the DurbanThai is the most sensitive to EC levels hence the dark green fan leaf.

picture.php

Buddle

Veteran
Nice Dave. Very nice. My apologies for the late reply.lol. You asked about the La Nina. I started four seeds and got one female. I flowered the seedplant in a 2.5 gal bucket. She was very hazy looking. She reminded me a lot of Mango Haze. She smelled and tasted like mangoes. Coated with resin. Unfortunately the pics I took of her are about four computers ago.
I also got a really nice male. I pollinated the Corey Gains Stardawg cut . I really need to start the rest of the pack. Love your threads Dave and remember you from the Mr nice site.

UOTE=Dave Coulier;7096421]This updates for you Buddle. Some sexy frosty Shit. No nanners yet. *fingers crossed*

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image[/QUOTE]

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Tbh dave i assumed they were from breeder pack dp, hence my contam comment lol. Looks sexy up in here, add some cindy to that durban thai for a flash back to OG forums and heavens stairway.