What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CLBA Outdoor 2023. Jason returns

XLNordic

12-13 years ago Jason V disappeared in the water of Crystal Lake.
But now he is back and set up camp again by reviving Crystal Lake Breeder Association.

clba 1.jpg

As back in time the main interest and affection is still on Danish and nordic landraces and crosses but also crosses with high potent and high yielding indoor strains and hybrids, and crossing these to outdoor plants are on the radar.
GG was very active with the nordic outdoor genetics but had too many balls in the air and too many things in his life at the same time and gradually faded away from the growing and was later diagnosed with PTSD which explains some of the former mentioned and he finally all disappeared in 2010-2011 never to return.
But Camps Crystal lake never forgets its children and now Jason V has awoken and is back behind the mask
I have recently moved to a more southern part of the country thats some places unofficially called Potland because the soil is fertile and many ppl grow cannabis down here.
And im certainly going to do my part ;)

Denmark is from 57,7 latitude north ( Skagen)
To 54,56 latitude south ( Gedser)
Our capital Copenhagen is 55,6 northern latitude and im in the the south part of the country myself at around 54,7
I havent grown for around 12-13 years but now im ready to go green again :)
Ive purchased some early danish ibl landraces like Leb27, Royal Dane and Guerilla Gold#1 ( origin unknown but seeds grown in Denmark by Hybrids From Hell / Nordic Genetics) and some indoors ( Chemdog, Cheese and others) and autoflowers ( Auto Cheese, Auto Gelato etc) for some seed runs this year.
Cant wait to get started and im building my new grow room as soon as money is available and also a greenhouse to start plants early and pregrow for the corn ;)
ca dane-s-cheese-auto ng.jpg ca Hybrids_from_hell_-_Guerilla_Gold ng.jpg ca leb27 NG.jpg ca rd ng.jpg ca strawberry-banana ng.jpg
(Pictures above are from seedbanks)

I started out slowly with a few seeds and a single LED lamp but that quickly escalated
IMG_20230330_223433.jpg IMG_20230330_223443.jpg IMG_20230330_223616.jpg IMG_20230330_205521.jpg
Back in the day when i was growing i got many of my genetics from Esbe/HFH and donated some later to Sedbay and sold some to a Danish seedbanks and on some other forums , but Ive been away for many years.
I purchased them this time from Danish seedbanks.
My plan is to multiply them many times and seen new stock to the seedbanks after the season.
Stocking up on the landraces and also cross some Danish landraces to stuff like AK47, Chemdog, Columbia Jack and others.
I plan to make new seeds of the danish IBL strains as it seems many of the old danish outdoor growers has stopped growing and seed stocks in Danish sedbanks of the IBLs are running low or out.
But i also plan to cross the danish genetics into indoor strains as Chemdog, Gorilla Glue, GSC, Cheese, Copenhagen Kush ( 30% thc cupwinner) Columbian Jack and others.
Which and how many depends on how many i can succesfully clone and pregrow before the danish outdoor genetics starts to flower.
The plan is to root indoor fem strains and force them into flower and then transport them out into the cornfields to have them pollinated there and then bring them home later when seeds start forming.
I already have plans for crosses at home and in the greenhouse so i cant risk cross pollination by bringing yet other pollen home.
At home im going to use an auto cheese male for various crosses and then later select autos and Fast Flowering crosses from the produced seeds.
One of the goals is to, hopefully, produce a good semi auto male keeper for future breeding of FF strains/crosses.
One that can be keept at 24-22 hours of light but immidiatly starts to flower in anything less than 21-20 hours of daylight
Ive sold my soul to the devil for seeds for a small fortune, a 120x240 cm grow tent and a plastic tarp greenhouse coming soon.

Im going to reproduce severalnof the Danish IBLs and make some cool crosses for outdoor

This is the genetic setup so far.
Im going to revive an old youtube channel also, so buckle up.
Its going to get green again this year.

Ak 47, fem
Beast, fem
Bubba Kush, fem
Cheese auto, Danes Strain, auto reg
Chemdog, fem
Columbian jack, kannabia, fem
Copenhagen Kush project, cphseeds, fem
Copenhagen Kush S1, cphseeds, fem
Girl scout cookies, fem
Girl scout cookies, auto fem
Gorilla glue, fem
Guerilla Gold 1, reg
Guerilla Gold 3, reg
Gungner, reg
Leb27, reg
OG Kush, fem
Royal dane, indica feno, reg
Skunk#1, Sensi Seeds, reg
Strawberry banana, fast fem
Vanilla Frosting, Anesia, fem
Ydrassil, reg

Autum / Winter 2023 Garden Seed Grow

D Cheese x Royal Dane
D Cheese x Leb27
D Cheese x Guerilla Gold 3
D Cheese x Columbian jack
D Cheese x Girl scout cookies
D Cheese x Girl scout cookies, auto
D Cheese x Gorilla glue
D Cheese x Copenhagen Kush project
D Cheese x Beast, Cphseeds
D Cheese x OG Kush
D Cheese x Bubba Kush
D Cheese x Skunk#1

Autum / Winter 2023 Corn Guerilla Seed Grow

Royal Dane x Royal Dane
Royal Dane x Girl scout cookies, auto
Royal Dane x Early Skunk
Royal Dane x Skunk#1
Leb27 x Leb27
Leb27 x Girl scout cookies, auto
Leb27 x Early Skunk
Leb27 x Skunk#1
Guerilla Gold 3 x Guerilla Gold 3 x
Guerilla Gold 3 x Girl scout cookies, auto
Guerilla Gold 3 x Early Skunk
Guerilla Gold 3 x Skunk#1

Winter 2023 / Spring 2024 Indoor Seed Grow

Copenhagen Kush project * x Columbian jack** aka Copenhagen Jack aka Ludicrous Kush, *Cup winner, 30% thc labtest, ** Cup winner, 29% thc labtest
Copenhagen Kush project x Bubba Kush
Copenhagen Kush project x Chemdog
Copenhagen Kush project x Girl scout cookies
Copenhagen Kush project x Gorilla Glue
Copenhagen Kush project x OG Kush
Skunk#1 x Columbian jack
Skunk#1 x Bubba Kush
Skunk#1 x Chemdog
Skunk#1 x Girl scout cookies
Skunk#1 x Gorilla Glue
Skunk#1 x OG Kush
More to come....

Last edited:

XLNordic

10th of May part 2

IMG_20230510_190216.jpg

IMG_20230510_200523.jpg
IMG_20230510_201615.jpg
IMG_20230510_203219.jpg

IMG_20230510_203430.jpg

IMG_20230510_214048.jpg
IMG_20230511_121103.jpg
IMG_20230511_200712.jpg

I expect a lot from the Copenhagen Kush ( both Project and S1 pheno).
They both are cannabis cup winners, are lab testet at 29% and 30% Thc and high yield in 8-9 weeks
I like hybrids so in planning to cross them to my 30% lab testet and cup winning Columbia Jack fra Kannabia.
Aka Copenhagen Jack or Columbia Killer Kush etc. ..

IMG_20230510_201615.jpg

I also look forward to The Beast, also from CphSeeds ( formerly known as Zenseeds)
Its suppose to be like Big Bud regarding yield and growth.
Just around 30% Thc instead.

And later when i can afford more seeds i plan to get Golden Tiger and Malawi from Aceseeds.
They are both pure sativas with very high Thc, so also crossing those to my Copenhagen Kush in search for the ultimate THC sativa/Indica hybrid cross.
Ive grown Aceseeds stuff before, back 12 years ago when i was growing last time
They make some great stuff and i like their preservation ideas

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool stuff, sounds like fun, will be great to see the differences between plants! Pretty slick using the corn fields to breed in, and it keeps the pollen isolated. Will the offspring be feminized with regular seed pollen or are you using feminized pollen?

Hope you get your semi auto project done. I guess thats a goal for growers' simplicity, you just plant the plant and it flowers, kind of nice. Autos are good for stealth grows, northern grows, and would avoid the fall rains.

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to watching and learning. Be sure to check out The Potcast, theres a lot of good breeder information there. ICMAG member @Heavy Dayze is the host.

XLNordic

15th of May
5 days after planting they suddenly starts showing life.
To day is the day it seems, for many of them
IMG_20230515_152426.jpg

All the Skunk#1 from Sensi Seeds are still sleeping though
IMG_20230515_152501.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies Auto and Fast Strawberry Bananas
IMG_20230515_152530.jpg

The Beast, Copenhagen Kush ( Project), Copenhagen Kush S1 ( The English Cut) and Early Skunk.
IMG_20230515_152549.jpg

Gorrilla Glue #4, Girl Scout Cookies, Chemdog and Kannabias Colombian Jack.
IMG_20230515_152618.jpg

IMG_20230515_152645.jpg

IMG_20230515_152704.jpg

All 10 Lebanon 27 has sprouted ❤️
IMG_20230515_152711.jpg

Cheese Auto and Fruity (freebie) also from Dane Strain
IMG_20230515_152717.jpg

XLNordic

Cool stuff, sounds like fun, will be great to see the differences between plants! Pretty slick using the corn fields to breed in, and it keeps the pollen isolated. Will the offspring be feminized with regular seed pollen or are you using feminized pollen?

Hope you get your semi auto project done. I guess thats a goal for growers' simplicity, you just plant the plant and it flowers, kind of nice. Autos are good for stealth grows, northern grows, and would avoid the fall rains.

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to watching and learning. Be sure to check out The Potcast, theres a lot of good breeder information there. ICMAG member @Heavy Dayze is the host.
Thanks a lot for your much valued input

I can only grow the very early strains like Leb27, Royal Dane and Guerilla Gold 3 in the corn because here they normally chop at mid October, but sometimes start October so end September they must be harvested with ripe seeds.
Ill collect some pollen also from these early corn grown once for later use.

3 corn spots.
one for each strain for pure seeds and then some other females out there to
for crosses
if time allows it i hope that the more exotic strains thats simultainiously been grown in my own garden, are enough grown so that i can take clones, force them into flower and bring them out in the corn fields for pollination.
Because in my own garden ive already selected an Auto Cheese to be the male for crosses there so i cant play with pollen from the cornfields in my own garten without risking cross pollination.

My 3rd grow spot is my indoor 120x240 cm growtent where im going to play with only exotic indoor strains.
At first maybe regular pollen from the cornfields but later play with STS for female seeds.

I still have some stuff to learn about breeding with autos as back when i was growing last time in 2010-11 autos was mostly only low quality Lowryder and some inferior crosses but autos have come along way the time ive ben dwelling on the bottom of Crystal Lake ;)
But as ive understood it if you cross an auto with a normal photo strain then some of the offspring will be auto, some semi auto and others just early/fast finishers?
thats why ive selected the auto Cheese as male for the crosses in my own garden.
It will give me various earlier finishing crosses of many known strains that i can do further experiments and selections from.

Last edited:

XLNordic

15th of May part 2
IMG_20230515_152730.jpg

IMG_20230515_152735.jpg

A tiny Leb27 aka Lebanon 27
IMG_20230515_162418.jpg

In contrast to when i was growing last time ive gained more knowledge om how the soil and micro bacteria works so Ive decided to keep it organic and returned the chemical fertilizer i bought and swapped it for organic <3
Starting with Grow and Bloom by Biobizz with some Root juice.
And some all purpose bat shit mix by GK, highly recommended by my growstuff dealer ( and one of my free range chickens trying to eat it)
IMG_20230515_163636.jpg

I swear.
This little Diy greenhouse looked a lot cooler om photo 🤣.
Well, it might work better if i hadent been lazy and skipped on the part involving screws and screwmachine.
I mostly think if this as a way of letting the girls get air without the chickens having a very expensive dinner.
IMG_20230515_173817.jpg

XLNordic

Nice return! This is going to be a whole lot of fun to watch.

You're off to a great start. Wishing you the best in your plans...K+
Thanks a lot for the kind words 🤗

Btw heres a small update from yesterday, 27 of May.
Some of them are starting to look a little like plants now and not just seedlings.
Now i cant wait until they grow some size

Girl Scout Cookies Auto
IMG_20230526_175800.jpg

Only one of the 2 OG Kush seeds germinated.
But one is better than none 👍
IMG_20230526_175710.jpg

Guerrilla Gold 3 from LBH/Breederbrad
IMG_20230526_175657.jpg

IMG_20230526_124132.jpg

If im not right besides them i cover them with this netting as it would take only a few seconds for one of the chickens to Massacre them for a little bit very expensive meal 😳
IMG_20230526_124022.jpg

IMG_20230526_123939.jpg

IMG_20230526_123654.jpg

IMG_20230526_123638.jpg

If im correct theres around 116-117 plants currently.
I still have some ungerminated in soil but since they have been in wet Soil since 10 th of May, so if they havent surfaced yet i dont think they will

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good! Screen across the top isn't a bad idea, keeps the cats out. Watch the temps, do you ever have to bring them inside at night? I had a heck of a time starting early learning about cold temps this year.

What do you use for seedling germination mix? :smoke:

XLNordic

Looking good! Screen across the top isn't a bad idea, keeps the cats out. Watch the temps, do you ever have to bring them inside at night? I had a heck of a time starting early learning about cold temps this year.

What do you use for seedling germination mix? :smoke:
It would be a lot of work bringing them indoor each night so they will have to do with some cold temps at night, 5-9 degrees C, but theres no risk of sudden frost.
I handmix my soil from plantbag mix with peatmoss, perlite, a little sand and potting soil.
Some of it are mildly fertilized and some not.
Thevfinal mix has low fertilizers.
I thern add some bat shit fertilizer and biobizz organic in small doses.
I just gave them a low dosis folier feeding with Biobizz Grow and Rootjuice this morning

When im transplanting into the corn with some of them later i purchase 40 liter plantbags, cut then in half and punch holes in the buttom, and then dig a big whole for them and use them as burried pots.
Earlier on i just use the soil in the field but this yesr im going to see if the more optimal peatmoss soil and water retention will increase yield.
Its a trick i picked up from Browndirtwarrior in his Prohibition movie and i want to test it myself

Image.jpeg

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a good idea are you using the high N bat guano. I have been using granular chicken manure at a risk of burn. Guano can be expensive. Where do you get yours?

XLNordic

Thats a good idea are you using the high N bat guano. I have been using granular chicken manure at a risk of burn. Guano can be expensive. Where do you get yours?
I get it locally.
In high quantity i think it will be expensive.
For now its ok and i mostly use it to get the microbes and everything in the soil going.
Later on im going to make some homemade JDAM Korean natural farming fish, stingning needle and seawed fertilizers.
Ive been watching many videos on the subject and theres tons of ways to make almost free fertilizers that boost the natural microbes in the soil as a bonus.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need enough for 150 sq ft. and it can start to add up. Do you just use it once and work it in?

ou can top dress with it as well of course. I like to get it, but I don't depend on it for all the N since its more pricey.

XLNordic

I agree.
Ive only used it for my potting soil mix.
Ive been getting a lot of kompost for free from the muncipality in my trailer.
I think i have almost 2 m3 of compost in my driveway.
That is some powerfull stuff and together with later homemade fertilizers it should fit my needs for this season

IMG_20230508_170853.jpg

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great, will have to look into that, we have a municipal yard waste place here! But compost has moisture and that requires more effort to transport to the gardens. May take a look at the granular chicken manure, its what Schrews and Tom Hill use when amending the soil.

Compost is only about 0.5- maybe 1.0% N, and the chicken manure is 2-3% with good quality nitrogen provides a boost and also lasts.

If you dry out your compost, it may be close enough though, just more effort to move.

The chicken manure is about $17-21 per bag from what I remember.

https://healthygrow.com/ --new product based off composted chicken manure with feather meal and potash
https://coop-poop.com/ --original composted chicken manure

XLNordic

Thats great, will have to look into that, we have a municipal yard waste place here! But compost has moisture and that requires more effort to transport to the gardens. May take a look at the granular chicken manure, its what Schrews and Tom Hill use when amending the soil.

Compost is only about 0.5- maybe 1.0% N, and the chicken manure is 2-3% with good quality nitrogen provides a boost and also lasts.

If you dry out your compost, it may be close enough though, just more effort to move.

The chicken manure is about $17-21 per bag from what I remember.

https://healthygrow.com/ --new product based off composted chicken manure with feather meal and potash
https://coop-poop.com/ --original composted chicken manure
yes but chicken manure is so strong u have to dilute it.
the same with free compost from the municipality, though it less degree.
i dont know the precise content of the local high heat compost but i know its so strong it will burn your plants if not diluted with regular soil ( i killed some cannabis back in the time before i found out).
for plant soil for plants in current young seedling state i use the compost in 1:5 ratio ( no compost in the gemination soil).
Later when plants are bigger you can use it at 25-40% but be carefull around the 50% mark as it may still burn mature plants if not perfectly mixed with the potting soil.
and its free.
I also use it to make plant tee.
and best of all its all free, at least in my country and municipality

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The moist compost would be best because it has active microbes and also less risk of burn, but I was just saying that the chicken manure is more light weight for packing into the gardens. You do have to be careful with it though, it has to be mixed into the soil or top dressed very lightly and watered in immediately.

Do you use lime, make sure to use dolomite lime to neutralize acidity, usually about 1/4 cup per 2 cubic feet is the rate I use.

XLNordic

Thanks for the advice
Ive bought a soil pH meter and i will monitor PH carefully 👍

Since i have 10 free range chickens i guess i could start to collect and use it.
So far Ive avoided it due to what Ive read and heard about it being so strong, and since the are free ranging they spread it all over the garden.
But they sleep in a net protected area at night and they poop around 80% of their droppings at night, so i guess i could collect them scraping the floor of their night sleeping area.

Last edited: