What's new

Claude chases the Tiger

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I'm really enjoying the Golden Tiger in my tent. She's pretty manageable but still pumping out tons of fresh pistils. I had to push her to the edge of the reflector as she's gotten too tall to stay under without burning.

picture.php

I was very sparing, maybe too sparing, when I dusted her with Bangi Haze pollen. With luck I may get a couple dozen seeds. She's starting to show good resin.

picture.php

Here is a shot from above of the BH x PCK with yellowing leaves of the hungry Bangis behind here. I have not added any fertilizer to the Sunshine mix since a single half-strength feeding nearly two months ago. Last week the Bangis began to yellow. Then the GT showed signs of hunger. I fed only the Golden Tiger, because she has a long way to go yet.

I'm surprised that the BH x PCK cross isn't hungry. She's in the same soil and three gallon smart posts as the pure Bangis.

picture.php

She is still throwing lots of fresh pistils with a fair bit of foxtailing. I'm going to let her go as long as she likes and give her the best cure I can.

picture.php

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hey Claude,
very nice plants!
The GT looks like one of mine... Malawi leaning pheno
I'm curios how the BH x PCK finished
How long is the flowering time since first pistols show up?
Like the violet coloring...
Mad

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Madmac,

Thanks!

That GT is so much easier -and faster- than its mother. She just kept growing.

picture.php

This pic is of a Bangi Haze started the same time. Showing early flowers on April 21:
picture.php

The BH x PCK pic from same date doesn't show flowers (I know they were there):
picture.php

I'd say the first pistils started showing about a week earlier, about April 15.

The cola is about 25-29 cm and gets fairly wide on this short plant.

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
My Golden Tiger in 3liter pot to help keep her small. She had a bit of a nitrogen deficiency but is otherwise healthy:
picture.php

I hope she smokes like her momma.... but I've got a while to find out

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks Baron,

I'm on a mission to replenish my stash jars with some nice variety.

I have a Kali China and two Bubba Hash that just went into the flowering area last week. They are supposed to be quick, so I need to pick out a couple of the longer sativas for a September-dec/jan flowering.

Here's my menu to pick from:
picture.php

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Malawi, Panama & Panama Haze would be my choice but maybe add Kali China for some special days with friends :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Claude just finished reading right through diary, nice I hope to get a thai pheno from the last 2 GT fems I have for next grow, but if not no worries. I am stoked with the last lot I got.
Your menu is really tempting, nice to have all the diversity from Ace.
Cant wait to see what you choose, its so cool seeing how others grow and the differing results and of course the smoke reports. Best of luck with the next grow.
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
High Claude,
your Gt looks like one of mine...
Claude GT
picture.php

MadMac GT
picture.php

i'm very very curious how it comes out :peacock:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
MadMac,

They certainly do look alike. This one's foxtails are starting to get pretty long.

I'll post more later when she's more mature.

Tangwena,

I kept reading other grows here, definitely including yours, and these Ace varieties al sound so good. I'm really happy with PCK, the GT and the Bangi's I've grown to harvest so far.

I really want to run the pack of Malawi all at once, so they are going to wait. For sure the Haze x Panama and the Haze x Kali China will be in my winter flowering because my grow room gets pretty cool then and I might get some nice colors. I'm a sucker for colors.

Cheers!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
My single seed of Kali China had such a rough beginning with a stuck seed shell from too dry a start. I was worried she wouldn't amount to much so I ordered more.

Here she was a month ago:
picture.php

Here she is exactly one month later:
picture.php

I'm going to have to move my flowering to the room and my vegging to the tent. 5', 1.66 meters, just isn't tall enough. She's already as close as I want to get to the 600 HPS and my GT has been living on the edge of the reflector because she is already at or above the bulb height.

GT on left, Kali China on right:

picture.php

And the Bubba Hash is on the right:

picture.php

The Kali China is a very vigorous plant!

B

Baron Greenback

Just because I want to see that Panama haze in your hands, I think you should grow that next:)
The kali chinas look super already.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks Baron. I think it was Thaibliss' whose Panama Haze made me order that one.

Yes, it is going in for sure. I need start it now, because I want to use clones for the flowering

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Claude Hopper,

Thanks you very much for supporting our work again, much appreciated!
Great and diverse selection of genetics.

Looks like the Tiger is about to be hunted in the upcoming weeks :) Around 3-4 weeks more to finish ?
Indeed you have produced a nice F2 GT there, i would say it's a 50 % Malawi / 50 % Thai expression,
while MadMac is a bit more on the spindly thai side of the hybrid.

I'm glad the Kali China catch up fast in the last weeks. Looks ready to produce a nice flowering. Best wishes!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Whoa! The Bubba Hash X Hashplants really took off on me. This one needs a 2nd dose of LST as she just goosenecked back up.

Sideways to get the full length:
picture.php

They just exploded into flower.

picture.php

picture.php

My Golden Tiger is getting heavy. The top suddenly feels like it could start bending so I'm adding support.

picture.php

B

Baron Greenback

You might be right about the support there Claude, and as dubi said, it's nearly tiger hunting time :)

gorilla ganja

just read whole thread, very nice work. Every time I see the BH x PCK my mouth waters.
I may have to do a cross of my own with these 2. How much sooner does the cross finish compared to pure BH. I'm a northern outdoor grower and a couple weeks can make a huge difference before the freeze comes.
Peace GG

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
GG,

The BHxPCK started flowering about a week before the pure Banghi Haze and finished about a week earlier.

It should be good outside. The buds are not dense and both parents are tough and disease tolerant.

I wish I had flowered one outside so I knew when flower initiation was. Sorry, its not much help, but I know it would do well here, 10 degrees south of you.

B

blue_tick

claude hopper very nice job on the grow. I hope you do a report on the haze x kali as i'm still kick myself in the rear for not ordering them on my last order. if they are still in stock on my next go I will for sure have them in my line up

keep up the good work brother

S

scai

Hey Claude.Your KaliChinas look alot like mine.Very awesome.
They are sturdy plants and you benefit if you grow them big.
I have one Big Durga as I call her.Line 22 and fourth seed.Like KC 22 4. Biggest of them all
She is in flower now and as she progresses I'll take some pictures. She is like Kali, big and strong. Bringing havoc ;)
Let's see if she is black like word Kali means...I mean, smoke ;)