What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Citric Acid

now you know that not only am i on the forefront of indoor organic cultivation, but also a local/organic chef. i teach/taught cooking classes at two dope universities, as well as indoor, outdoor, and hash class... :) I <3 great Cannabis, great food, and learning.

And here I thought when it was made apparent that your store-bought vegan system was nothing special you would have learned a little humility.

Matt Rize

Store bought nutrient results

Store bought nutrient results

From Steep Hill Lab:

"blackberry kush flower %15.44 THC %0.23CBD %0.05CBN
blackberry kush full melt%52.64THC %01.27CBD %0.33CBN"

From a text message:
"Your results say alot. Bbkush does not ever test over 16 far as i know. So ur at the top of the pile as far samples we have seen. And ur melt tested super high too. 52 is f'ing strong hash. Thats stronger than some oil. "

SO... who is "special" is decided by scientific analysis, not some haters on a ganja forum.
AND I USE CITRIC ACID! see... related to the OP

Hate all day. I don't see your numbers anywhere :)
Don't come to a gun fight with a knife. DATA OR SHUT IT!

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
From Steep Hill Lab:

"Your results say alot. Bbkush does not ever test over 16 far as i know. So ur at the top of the pile as far samples we have seen. And ur melt tested super high too. 52 is f'ing strong hash. Thats stronger than some oil. "[/B]
That's a direct quote from this so-called labratory? Seriously?

I guess anything will play at Oaksterdam U - quite telling.

CC

Matt Rize

Confused?

Confused?

indoor soil-less container garden may benefit from citric acid, thats for shizle my nizzle.

MrFista

Veteran
Matt - you do not know what you are saying I'm not discussing chemistry with you so go away and be amazing somewhere else please.

Matt Rize

Fair enough

Fair enough

ahh. organic chem 1 and 2 was quite some time ago, not to mention the GC time... way too much math...hahaha

MrFista

Veteran
What on earth would you want to discuss isomers for? The orientation of the 2 possible types of stereogenic centre make no difference to the functionality of the molecule as an acid or its ability to react. Especially in a solution where protonation may take place on any of the three carboxylic acid groups present. None of the carbonyl groups can move around their pi bonds and all possible orientations of other carbons place acidic H's to the periphery of the molecule. Clown.

MrFista

Veteran
HAHAHAHAHA. Carry on Matt amaze me with all that skills knowledge and rep you have. Fucking with me and all, doh, and I thought I had the drop on you.

What an idiot I am.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From Steep Hill Lab:

"blackberry kush flower %15.44 THC %0.23CBD %0.05CBN
blackberry kush full melt%52.64THC %01.27CBD %0.33CBN"

"Your results say alot. Bbkush does not ever test over 16 far as i know. So ur at the top of the pile as far samples we have seen. And ur melt tested super high too. 52 is f'ing strong hash. Thats stronger than some oil. "

SO... who is "special" is decided by scientific analysis, not some shit talking child.

The system I use to grow is complex and you don't even know what I do... Indoor Vegan Organics Rules Supreme! AND I USE CITRIC ACID! see... related to the OP

i cant believe you're still calling your weed Vegan when it turns out the soil you used contains bonemeal and guano (which you yourself argued was not vegan).

so - you paid a lab a lot of money for a notoriously inaccurate test on THC content - good for you. the fact that you think this proves anything really shows you just dont get it about the benefits of organics.

now please post some useful info about growing and Citric acid or otherwise run along.

VG

rabid

Why don't all of you...

Why don't all of you...

...have a nice, cold glass of lemonade. Hell, add some rum if it floats yer boat...

It will chill you out and lower your PH too :wave:

Scrappy4

Veteran
...have a nice, cold glass of lemonade. Hell, add some rum if it floats yer boat...

It will chill you out and lower your PH too :wave:

Yeast for tea,? citric acid for plants? Should I be sharing my cabernet with the girls? scrappy

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
The way that Chef Bayless used this cheese was as follows:

Take 3 or 4 large garlic cloves (leave the skin on for the first part) and 2 or 3 chili (he used serrano (sp?) chilis) and put them into a heavy skillet - like a cast-iron version.

Roast the garlic and chilies until they turn dark and release their perfume. Let them cool and remove the skins from the garlic and the stems from the chilies and dice and dice and dice - you don't want a puree but you want everything pretty small.

Add this to the cheese and mix well.

Then he took some banana squash blossoms (big deal in real Mexican cuisine) and he removed the pistal (sp?) because it has a bitter taste and he removed the stem. Then he chopped the blossoms - a rough chop is what you want, i.e. not diced.

Add that to the cheese & garlic/chili mix. Then put some into a soft tortilla and fold over like a taco, brush with some butter or oil and grill it until you get a nice color on both sides.

Pretty healthy vegetarian dish and it's really tasty!

CC

Nothing to do with citric acid, but you mention the fresh cheese is like ricotta, then talk about banana squash blossoms.. here in Italy they do a lot of things with zucchini flowers, for example, stuffing it with ricotta and baking it for about 10 minutes :D

Derail over.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
since learning more about the P mobility caused by citric acid, and that P can encourage stretch, ive used just rainwater on some of my stretchy plants in early flowering ( my tapwater without citric acid would be too high pH - nearly 9 )

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting read from growing edge mag on aquaponics:

"(don’t use citric acid as it is anti-bacterial!)"

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi habeeb, i would imagine that citric acid is anti-bacterial above a certain concentration, however, being as it is a natural plant root exudate then it seems a safe thing to use in organic soil.
most of the organic grows i have run in the last 2 years have used citric acid in every watering from beginning to end, but even with my pH9 water it probably only equates to a pinch of powder in a 2 gallon can of water. i dont use any myco/fungal innoculation and i dont think my plants would look as healthy as they generally do if i was killing the microherd every time i water my plants.

ill try and find out some more about citric acid's anti bacterial properties though, thanks

VG