What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Rurumo

Quick update on my nicest FDM c99, no longer smells like Juicy Fruit, now it's potent sweet grapefruit(5 weeks):

c991.jpg

c992.jpg

c993.jpg

StickyBandit

Hey @LostTribe , I have 2x C99's here from TRSC and I know you said they weren't the best but is it worth taking clones from either of these?
One has thick, lush pistils and the other has thin looking, wispy pistils. What do you think?
I won't bother if they don't look very special to you. I have other things to do and limited space
I'm really waiting for the REAL cindy ;)
P1010108.JPG
P1010109.JPG

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey @LostTribe , I have 2x C99's here from TRSC and I know you said they weren't the best but is it worth taking clones from either of these?
One has thick, lush pistils and the other has thin looking, wispy pistils. What do you think?
I won't bother if they don't look very special to you. I have other things to do and limited space
View attachment 18782904 View attachment 18782905
Its always worth a try. You can always reveg after chop just leave a couple of the small lower branches completely intact with bud leaves and everything. Put them back on 24/0 for a few days then 18/6 and water with veg nutes until they are cloneable in 2-4 weeks.

Alternatively, you could take a cutting after chop and put it in an aerocloner. Root and reveg at the same time. I did it once just for an experiment and it worked.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
View attachment 18782904 View attachment 18782905
It looks like those nodes are pretty tight on those plants also.

LostTribe

Premium user
The 2 TRSC C99 I ran were heavy indica having broader leaf and shorter internode length than what I would expect in a pure Cinderella. The pics on TRSC site did not match what I got either. Compared to peak it didnt have any smell. That being said I guess I will veg a couple more out when I plan to run out the peak again to compare side by side. I did run the peak under Qb's during veg and structurally they were similar to what I got vegging under the mars. The only difference was the peak didnt stretch as much under the mars LED.

the TRSC were run under my quantum boards and they did not stretch. I got normal stretch from all others on the Qb's where as growth was shorter on the Mars. I can tell from your early budding structure that you ought to get a very high calyx to leaf ratio but lets wait and see. Right now I like what I am seeing.

Peace
LT

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There is one different looking plant of the females with lighter color and a little more open structure. I kept it because it was different. One of the males sorta has the same traits. The other girls are very consistent, despite being of the different phenos. No big smells yet. Stem rubs have some smell, but nothing stands out yet.

StickyBandit

Its always worth a try. You can always reveg after chop just leave a couple of the small lower branches completely intact with bud leaves and everything. Put them back on 24/0 for a few days then 18/6 and water with veg nutes until they are cloneable in 2-4 weeks.

Alternatively, you could take a cutting after chop and put it in an aerocloner. Root and reveg at the same time. I did it once just for an experiment and it worked.
Thanks for the idea (y)
I looked at making an aerocloner but by the time I buy all the bits it works out similar cost of purchasing one that's tried and tested, so I ordered one yesterday. It's about $75US with 12 pockets :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks for the idea (y)
I looked at making an aerocloner but by the time I buy all the bits it works out similar cost of purchasing one that's tried and tested, so I ordered one yesterday. It's about $75US with 12 pockets :)
Just keep it clean. I run a tablespoon of bleach through mine for 48 hours after each use then scrub the heck out of it and replace the neoprene collars every time. I always dip in clonex quickly after cutting and remove all but the top set of leaves and the shoot about 4-5 inches total and use a sterile razor blade. RO water, calmag+ to 200ppm then add maxibloom 5-15-14 until I get to 450 ppm and ph at 5.8.

I also have mine on a short cycle timer so I water 2 minutes then 5 min off so the rez temp stays cool no matter what the room temp is. You don't need much light and I still have a few blue spectrum CFL's that I use if its just for a few cuts. They seem to work great.

I dont mess with checking the ph either but if you are new to hydro I would daily. I just set mine and leave it until they are done. I might add back to maintain 450 and adjust ph after 10 days if they arent ready. Usually they are fully rooted in 10-14 days. Visible roots as early as 4 days but thats a record for me I think and just nubs or one root.

I think the key is keeping it clean and using a bloom nutrient as the rooting process requires the same NPK ratio. I know a couple guys on here that simply cannot get an aero to work but atleast one of them refuses to use anything other than his high N veg+bloom one part mix. The maxi is not only cheap but gives great results as a standalone as well. I've used everything from PBP, GH, recently Canna and Maxi which is also GH. I prefer it to a soil mix as I know exactly what I am giving the plants.

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Just keep it clean. I run a tablespoon of bleach through mine for 48 hours after each use then scrub the heck out of it and replace the neoprene collars every time. I always dip in clonex quickly after cutting and remove all but the top set of leaves and the shoot about 4-5 inches total and use a sterile razor blade. RO water, calmag+ to 200ppm then add maxibloom 5-15-14 until I get to 450 ppm and ph at 5.8.

I also have mine on a short cycle timer so I water 2 minutes then 5 min off so the rez temp stays cool no matter what the room temp is. You don't need much light and I still have a few blue spectrum CFL's that I use if its just for a few cuts. They seem to work great.

I dont mess with checking the ph either but if you are new to hydro I would daily. I just set mine and leave it until they are done. I might add back to maintain 450 and adjust ph after 10 days if they arent ready. Usually they are fully rooted in 10-14 days. Visible roots as early as 4 days but thats a record for me I think and just nubs or one root.

I think the key is keeping it clean and using a bloom nutrient as the rooting process requires the same NPK ratio. I know a couple guys on here that simply cannot get an aero to work but atleast one of them refuses to use anything other than his high N veg+bloom one part mix. The maxi is not only cheap but gives great results as a standalone as well. I've used everything from PBP, GH, recently Canna and Maxi which is also GH. I prefer it to a soil mix as I know exactly what I am giving the plants.
Thanks for all the info but I was looking at a simple way of rooting them and putting them in soil. I will see if I can get them working as simple as possible and introduce some of your suggestions if I fail. I was going to try Triplex (Bacillus amyloliquefaciens BS 1b) and straight water first but I will definitely use your suggestions as a reference (y)

LostTribe

Premium user
Punch and Metal C99 testers at 30 Days bloom
ee9ba3db-5da8-4b37-a2db-2e2eadd74484-jpeg.18789008

We should see these continue to swell and pump out more and more resin and smells until the end. They are mirror images of the mother plants. He definitely has some metal in there and I am interested to see if the 2 plants on the right side are developing any different types of smells compared to the other 2?

I am noticing the smaller one in the back right to have a few leaves that are sort of curling downward and even a couple going upwards. The Punch mom I used did this.

:ying:
LT

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Mine looked sort of like this. Your first picture looks totally different from the bottom one. The lower pic seems to have thicker hairs and denser bud structure, can you confirm? Do these two plants have the same smells?
I can confirm they look and smell completely different to each other. Although there's very little smell the thin haired one has a slight lemon aroma and the thick haired one slight sweet mango. I'm not holding much hope, but you never know....

Last edited:

Brother Nature

@LostTribe did either of your TRSC plants look like these?
The bottom one has thrown some nanas
View attachment 18788949 View attachment 18788950
Hey mate, the bottom one looks very similar to the keeper female I got from my trsc pack. Mine had more of a artificial pineapple candy type smell that translates to flavour pretty well. From reading this thread it doesn’t seem to be much like the og c99, I found her best at 9 weeks which isn’t early in mists books haha. I really liked the smoke myself though, great flavour and good balance of head and body stone, but mostly cerebral. The high is definitely worth it, even if it’s not a proper c99. Hoping you at least get the same nice high from those, that top purple one looks very interesting. I crossed a few of the c99 males with that female and have had some pretty nice plants come from them. I’ll post some photos when I get a moment.

Latest posts

Latest posts