What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

StickyBandit

I'm growing out a few regulars from TRSC. Leaves look nothing like the Peak variety. Bigger than anything else I've grown and they're pretty wide too. Those are 30L buckets in an 800x800 tent
P1010069.JPG

clearheaded

1 cindy i had was narrow leaf and maybe the "punch" as dead ringer for juicy fruit gum no pineapple in my nose at least. no skunk all sweet will see how it cures. prob has juicy fruit genetics from sensi.aphids loved it tho lol started flowering first but didnt like the cool nights and bubba critical bulked out while she stalled. prob would be awesome fresh frozen to keep that sweetness.

Rurumo

I love seeing all these plants from different sources, the variation in leaf width across them is interesting, i hope to see smoke reports for all of them! Here is one of my FDM C99's 3 weeks to the day into 12/12, starting to get excited. One of them smells like a fresh pack of juicy fruit:

20221029_045921(2).jpg

cannaloop

I love seeing all these plants from different sources
I agree. Here is a photo I just took of my only keeper so far from a pack of 2005 Joey Weed C99 seeds that I kept in the freezer until earlier this year. It smells like fruit and has other indescribable smells when handled. It's a good cloner, resilient, resinous, and looks like it can finish pretty well in a greenhouse at over 50N. Has super floppy branches of course, but they never seem to break. I'm growing out the last 4 of the pack now. I really didn't give her nearly enough room in that old swamp bucket, but now I know what she's capable of.

C99J-3-F_20221028b_tn.jpg

Dime

I agree. Here is a photo I just took of my only keeper so far from a pack of 2005 Joey Weed C99 seeds that I kept in the freezer until earlier this year. It smells like fruit and has other indescribable smells when handled. It's a good cloner, resilient, resinous, and looks like it can finish pretty well in a greenhouse at over 50N. Has super floppy branches of course, but they never seem to break. I'm growing out the last 4 of the pack now. I really didn't give her nearly enough room in that old swamp bucket, but now I know what she's capable of.

View attachment 18775459
Hi everyone,I'm from Southern Ontario Canada.. I didn't see an introduction spot , here's 2 Cindys from seed f3. Turned out predictible, a very potent,busy,happy high with a great yield even though they got shaded for a lot of the day between the garage and extension, I chopped first week of October because the weather changed drastically. They both had the fruit smell from veg on until they were almost ripe, one retained it and the other smelled more skunky than fruity dried,the other pic is indoor. I grow them every year and they never let me down.

Attachments

• 20200918_192453.jpg
    20200918_192453.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 20201123_210139 (3).jpg
    20201123_210139 (3).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102

StickyBandit

I contacted PeakSeedsBC regarding re-opening and asked "Are you likely to be back any time soon?"
The reply "Hi, no, PeakSeedsBC is now closed, sorry. We have transitioned to the legal market here in Canada."

LostTribe

Premium user
I contacted PeakSeedsBC regarding re-opening and asked "Are you likely to be back any time soon?"
The reply "Hi, no, PeakSeedsBC is now closed, sorry. We have transitioned to the legal market here in Canada."
Patience breadren patience! Testing is nearing the blooming stages. Go follow along over at @flylowgethigh cindy diary to see how things are going.

Soon Come.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Wait a minute there LT… aren’t you showing off the more genuine, realist ever Cindy 99 from another source besides Peak somewhere? I thought I read that somewhere around here before I passed out last night.

So I have the wanna-be Cindy, soon to be breeding with no-count haze. Makes me an amateur pollen-chucking student of genetic greatness. Someday… someday my dope will smell like good dope.

LostTribe

Premium user
Wait a minute there LT… aren’t you showing off the more genuine, realist ever Cindy 99 from another source besides Peak somewhere? I thought I read that somewhere around here before I passed out last night.

So I have the wanna-be Cindy, soon to be breeding with no-count haze. Makes me an amateur pollen-chucking student of genetic greatness. Someday… someday my dope will smell like good dope.
The testers you are running are from the realist I've seen in over a decade made from some of the last packs from MJ at Peak Seeds bc. Postive Vibes and Good Growing!

Follow along with @flylowgethigh
C99 punch and metal testing
https://www.icmag.com/threads/run-8-cindy-cindy.18124329/page-3

full

full

full

full

:ying:
LT

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Is that the same BC as Far West Genetics?
If so that's the C99 you want according to @LostTribe :)
I have no idea what "Far West Genetics" is but they seem to be a legal Canadian operator. The related seed listings on there site are similar to the old listings from Peak Seeds site. Peak Seesd BC is no longer selling seeds.

chakras

Dear chakras,

There are phenotypes of Jack Herer, all JH variants are between 70 to 90 days until flowering is ready.

How exactly the emergence of Cinderella 99 has proceeded, will probably never be clarified?

From the inheritance of my friend and mentor, who was a sailor in the 60s and 70s, I got a box full of seeds. Among them original Brother Grimm Cinderella 99 from the late 1990s. Until the F5, this variety was grown outdoors, then disappeared in the refrigerator until he died.

I'm not a fan of modern multi hybrids, there are exceptions like the old Orange Bud which I still get as an IBL to this day alongside my landraces.

The Cinderella 99, now F8, has surprised me a bit since 2020 with its variety of smells and growth habit. We have also created new crosses in a collaborative project with landraces from Thailand or South America. Despite my aversion to hybrid varieties, we will keep Cinderella as an IBL.

Kind regards
Thanks for the communication.
Well versed in JH for many, many, full moons as it sounds like you may be.
Many, if not most of the best either started there, or not far from that line.
I don't mind JH hybrids as long as they are well thought out, and sucessfully brought to fruition.
Wishing you the best in continued success. We are all integral in helping the species survive and flourish.
Limited space and numbers has helped to create recessives that may well appear detrimental to that cause.
Something to be aware of, and to think about always, upon undertaking a project. Likewise, kindest regards.

Last edited: